DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Blockbuster PV TV series - YMMV (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/526801-blockbuster-pv-tv-series-ymmv.html)

glennh2os 03-06-08 04:35 PM

Blockbuster PV TV series - YMMV

I pop into a couple local Blockbusters trolling for deals, and I came across one. This may just be some local screw up, or maybe they are changing the way they sell these. Heck I don't know. But I thought I'd toss a note out here in case its in other Blockbusters and someone might take advantage..

On an endcap were a bunch of TV series all shrinkwrapped and they had a single price sticker of $14.99 on them. I picked up Alias season 4 and six Feet Under season 2. I get to the register and he rings them up, and says 31..something. I point to the 2 for 20 sign for PV and he doesn't blink an eye and gives them to me for $20. On the rack I remember seeing a couple of different Seinfeld seasons, Everybody Loves Raymond, Duke of Hazzard series, some Bernie Mac, Fat Albert. A number of others I can't remember. Like I said YMMV but good luck!

n.phelge 03-06-08 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by glennh2os
On an endcap were a bunch of TV series all shrinkwrapped and they had a single price sticker of $14.99 on them. I picked up Alias season 4 and six Feet Under season 2. I get to the register and he rings them up, and says 31..something. I point to the 2 for 20 sign for PV and he doesn't blink an eye and gives them to me for $20.

Stock varies wildly, and the 4-for-$20 deal works on $9.99 sets as well. I got Dead Like Me Seasons 1 & 2, Penn & Teller BS, and Millenium Season 1 for $20.

Michael Corvin 03-06-08 05:58 PM

The only thing I ever see at BBV are individual discs for $15 each(no box) which is a fucking rip-off.

Bigjames 03-06-08 07:24 PM

Most Blockbusters should have some of these sets and they should automatically ring up in the 2 for 20 or 4 for 20 deals.

cc21392 03-07-08 10:30 PM

i got seinfeld season 1&2, Chappelle Shows Season 2, Lost Season 1 & 2 for 20

Both Seasons of Lost were marked 19.99, but when i get up to the register it says 9.99 and I didn't know the t.v. sets qualified for the 4 for 20. I was also returning 2 movies from blockbuster online so it took the guy a couple of minutes to ring everything up. I get ready to pay (i was expecting $40 something) then he says $21.00 so i was surprised and happy, so I went home and watch lost season 1. I mite go back tomorrow because i saw alias, six feet under, everybody loves raymond, 24, and a few others for $9.99 - $14.99. (I hope this lasts)

Kory 03-07-08 10:49 PM

I've seen some at my local Blockbuster too. One I was really interested in was "The Corner," David Simon(creator of "The Wire")'s miniseries, which I was surprised to find. It was very reasonably priced too, but I didn't like that it was in two standard keepcases, taped together, with a photocopied cover in each case.

sleepydumbdude 03-08-08 12:39 AM

Damn read this earlier tonight and went to my closest blockbuster and it was gone. It was there like 2-3 weeks ago and now they all ready have the store completely empty and a for rent sign up.