Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: March 9 - March 15, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone get the BestBuy comic with their Appleseed steelbook today? none of the copies i saw at my local store have any indicators (stickers) that it was included in the package. nor did any cashiers have it up at the counter.
Old 03-11-08, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by darmok
Anyone get the BestBuy comic with their Appleseed steelbook today? none of the copies i saw at my local store have any indicators (stickers) that it was included in the package. nor did any cashiers have it up at the counter.
Same here. They even went to look for it in the back, but found nothing.
Old 03-11-08, 02:43 PM

From what I heard from one of the Best Buys I visited, they haven't gotten their books in today. Supposedly they're coming in later during this week.
Old 03-11-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that's gonna be a crap shoot for those of us that bought it already...who knows when the staff will get around to putting them out AND your being there when it's available. they suck.

Originally Posted by serpicozeta
From what I heard from one of the Best Buys I visited, they haven't gotten their books in today. Supposedly they're coming in later during this week.
Old 03-11-08, 04:18 PM

that's gonna be a crap shoot for those of us that bought it already...who knows when the staff will get around to putting them out AND your being there when it's available. they suck.
Agreed.

First Best Buy I went to, myself and someone who actually bought it 45 mins after that Best Buy opened up (he didn't realize about the book till after purchase) got like 4-5 clueless floor staffers and a cashier looking to see if there were any books throughout the whole store for about 45 mins before they said we'll give you a call if it comes in....

Second one I went to, only took 1 minute to find out that their shipment of the books haven't arrived yet and to come back in a couple of days.
Old 03-11-08, 04:22 PM

I bought Layer Cake and House of Flying Daggers today and recieved a $20 which coupled with a $10 off coupon allowed me to buy No Country for Old Men for a total of $2.47. So for three new Blu-Rays, I spent, $56 and change.

Thanks Speedy for the heads up about the Blu-Ray deal.
Old 03-11-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by dc12at0n
EDIT: the BB exclusive is the Appleseed Book with artwork and a short Manga story. Minimum 6 per store. No rainchecks.
Yeah, I was there when BB opened and there was no such thing. Clueless fuckers.
Old 03-11-08, 09:16 PM

dito on appleseed
went to 2 best buys, both said they never had any,
one said theyd hold a copy for me when they get them
cause im in there every week

i thought maybe itd be inside the steelbook,
i havent opened mine yet to check, but if the steelbooks not exclusive,
then they must be handing out the promo books..

either way, 6 per store is a joke..
the website says they have the promo,
but theyll more than probably just ship w/o it..
Old 03-12-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmm...i was actually thinking of ordering from their website, since it says it would ship together. what do you think are the chances that it will ship without?
Old 03-12-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Having High Hopes on Friday!
Old 03-12-08, 09:26 AM

Oh.. I almost forgot.. Do not believe the associates that tell you that the free Mangga book is inside the DVD.. Its not true.. I opened in front of them the DVDS (3 actually) to make my point. Afterall, they can shrinkwrap it back at their customer service/returns department
Old 03-12-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xage
Oh.. I almost forgot.. Do not believe the associates that tell you that the free Mangga book is inside the DVD.. Its not true.. I opened in front of them the DVDS (3 actually) to make my point. Afterall, they can shrinkwrap it back at their customer service/returns department
I didn't get one either xage.
Old 03-12-08, 09:53 AM

hmm...i was actually thinking of ordering from their website, since it says it would ship together. what do you think are the chances that it will ship without?
mine will be here today, i'll post if its in the box
Old 03-12-08, 06:57 PM

Hi. I got one from a local BestBuy Canada and posted pic here.

If it's the same as the US one, it would be shrinked wrapped to the back..

My friend is going to the US today and I asked him to look.. The one across the boarder seems to get some of their exclusive were I read some other didn't like the Justice League Green Latern figure..

Later
Old 03-12-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the pic, johnsun. guess the U.S. version is probably the same. but none delivered to any stores here so far.

i stopped by the store again this evening after work, and asked about the comic. the guy on the floor said "yeah, it's sold out, we only got in a few and it sold out within hours of opening on tuesday", which is pure bullsh*t because i was there and they didn't have squat. it pains me that this drivel is what these idiots are gonna tell everyone else that asks about it, that it was gone within minutes. how do you even try to fight that?
Old 03-13-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Had same problem with the Manga book on Tuesday. The manager took my name and number and said he would call me if the books came in, didn't expect to here from him, but he called me this morning said no books were coming in. He gave me a phone number to call (1-800-553-6937) and got through in 20 seconds. The operator took my name and address and said they would send me a book no questions asked! Give it a try!
Old 03-13-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thank you, Paul. called and a nice lady took my info down. at least they're willing to resolve.
Old 03-13-08, 04:17 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
One of my local store has the Appleseed: Ex Machina (LE) with ID book manga stocked. There were about 10 copies that I saw left on the shelf. I would say that other stores around the country should be slowly getting these in now.
Old 03-13-08, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
$$$$ Free $10 Gift Card Instantly When You Buy Condemned 2: Bloodshot for XBOX 360 or PS3 // Gift Card good toward future purchase
Since the PS3 version isn't out until the 20th, is there a possibility they'll honor this promotion next week?
Old 03-13-08, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Paul1957
Had same problem with the Manga book on Tuesday. The manager took my name and number and said he would call me if the books came in, didn't expect to here from him, but he called me this morning said no books were coming in. He gave me a phone number to call (1-800-553-6937) and got through in 20 seconds. The operator took my name and address and said they would send me a book no questions asked! Give it a try!
I went to BB this afternoon to see if they received the books, but instead I found this notice:

I just called the number, and like Paul mentioned, quick, painless, and no questions asked.
Old 03-13-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yep! i went after work tonight again to pick up a CD for my gf, and strolled over to the DVD section, and lo and behold, there's a fresh stock of the steelbooks with the comic book attached. picked one up and will return the tuesday copy. from the looks of it, there's lots so don't worry. go to your store as soon as you can (week's end). good luck everyone, and thanks!

Originally Posted by WTK
One of my local store has the Appleseed: Ex Machina (LE) with ID book manga stocked. There were about 10 copies that I saw left on the shelf. I would say that other stores around the country should be slowly getting these in now.
Old 03-13-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I went to Best Buy today on my lunch and didn't see any Steelbooks Maybe they were in the process of getting the new ones out. Oh well, i'll try and check a different Best Buy tonight.
Old 03-13-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
The only way that the comic book would be inside the Steelbook, would be if they fold it in half. The comic book is almost as tall as the Steelbook.

Comic book pictures
Old 03-13-08, 10:04 PM

Its Officially been resolve... I thank a reliable person who took noticed of Warner's Blunder last Tuesday in Bestbuy here in US and pushed them to correct it.

Old 03-14-08, 12:04 PM

Seems like those ID books are finally trickling in to the US now. Just got my copy with book today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.