Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Looking For Best Price On Forbidden Hollywood 2 Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts
Looking For Best Price On Forbidden Hollywood 2 Box

Has anyone seen a price better then Amazon's $34.99 w/ free shipping? I've checked all the usual suspects & so far that seems to be the best price.
Old 03-01-08, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Planet (Digital Eyes) has this naughty box set listed for $34.96 w/free shipping and no sales tax for most folks. Also, when their March coupons are issued, you can use one their monthly coupons to reduce this purchase to $29.96 (lowest coupon level is $5.00 off a $60.00 purchase).
Old 03-01-08, 11:46 PM

BN.com is your best bet. It's 30% off already for non-members ($34.98) and a 25% off coupon (R9Y3F8Y) for members or a 15% off coupon for non-members (F4C3W4F) will bring it down to even less. Plus fast, free shipping.
Old 03-01-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Has anyone seen a price better then Amazon's $34.99 w/ free shipping? I've checked all the usual suspects & so far that seems to be the best price.
Should be able to beat that price at Barnes and Noble using online coupon codes. It's currently $34.98 before coupons or membership discounts. If you're a member get 10% off and add a 25% members coupon. Not a member start a new account and add the 25% new account coupon. Here's the current coupon list.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1086

Go here and save another 5% through this link.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...unts/index.jsp
Old 03-02-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks! Both B&N & Amazon charge me sales tax & Digital Planet doesn't; so it's pretty much a wash between DP & B&N if the DP coupon is out. Really appreciate the replies!
Old 03-03-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oops, didn't realize there was a yearly fee associated with the B&N coupons. I'll either do DP or Amazon........
Old 03-03-08, 11:27 AM

oops, didn't realize there was a yearly fee associated with the B&N coupons. I'll either do DP or Amazon........
Anyone can use the 10% coupons - you don't have to be a member
Old 03-03-08, 12:16 PM

I think I saw this at Costco and it was 22.99 but I may be wrong
Old 03-03-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not all coupons require a paid membership. A few weeks ago there were a 20% and 25% coupons for non members. You can always at least use the 10% ones without a membership. However members get an extra 10% off on top of the coupons, and generally get more coupons at a higher percentage off compared to non members. If you make a lot of purchases throughout the year the $25 membership fee will pay for itself. There is currently a 25% coupon code that only requires only creating a new account to use it. However since you procrastinated the price of Forbidden Hollywood Volume 2 went up to $39.98 at Barnes and Noble.
Old 03-03-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI all the features and the docu are running tonight on TCM.
Old 03-03-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
However since you procrastinated the price of Forbidden Hollywood Volume 2 went up to $39.98 at Barnes and Noble.
It hadn't gone up earlier this morning when I posted; it was still $34.95. All the info I saw about registering on their site stated that a $25 membership fee was required just to register. I refuse to pay that to any retailer; especially as B&N's prices aren't that great.

I also looked at the DP thread & saw that the March coupons weren't posted, but that Jan & Feb required a minimum $50 purchase. I ended up using a $5 off coupon I had for Amazon & got it for $30. I'd be happy if it wasn't for the sales tax.

I thank everyone for your suggestions. And docdoowop, sorry you're unhappy but.........
Old 03-03-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by schbee
I think I saw this at Costco and it was 22.99 but I may be wrong
It's possible (though it isn't officially being released until tomorrow,) but it's more likely you saw Vol. 1. (My local Costco had it for that price last week, along with some of the older TCM Archives titles.)
Old 03-03-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It hadn't gone up earlier this morning when I posted; it was still $34.95. All the info I saw about registering on their site stated that a $25 membership fee was required just to register. I refuse to pay that to any retailer; especially as B&N's prices aren't that great.
You should be able to create an account without buying a membership. If you want to become a member it costs $25 to join for one year. However that is optional. Their prices are very good if you have a membership combined with coupons, and order when items are 30% to 40% off. Depending on coupon availability you can still get some decent deals as a non member. It's always better to order sooner rather than later at B&N because the prices can change quickly day to day. I was able to pre-order Forbidden Hollywood volume 2 for around $20 shipped with a membership and other discounts. That beats the hell out of Amazon's price.
Old 03-05-08, 11:36 AM

Thanks, I used the 5% Visa discount and the 25% new online member discount and got it for around $26. I did not have to buy a NB membership. Good deal.
Old 03-06-08, 05:18 PM

I ordered it late on Tuesday night and I got it this Thursday afternoon (free shipping)...that's service!!!