Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '08

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '08

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure whether it is a bargain but I presume this DVD is OOP as I can't find it online:

Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland - $12.98 @ YesAsia

Dan
Old 03-12-08, 08:45 PM

Was in my local Best Buy earlier today noticed a little yellow sign in front of Appleseed: Ex Machina that said Warner Bros. had made a error or something along those lines.
Said the copies with books should be coming in soon and those that got their copies already should call Warner at a 800 number that was on the paper.
Unfortunately I saw someone I'd not seen in a while and got to talking so forgot to write down the number.
Sorry about that.
I'm going to go back up there on Friday to see if they got the copies with the books yet so if no one has gotten the number by then I will make sure to take a pen and paper to write it down.

Also received my Aquarion part 1 Set yesterday bubble wrapper but not a mark on it.
Old 03-12-08, 09:17 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 538 Likes on 474 Posts
Originally Posted by Fodder1976
Did anyone receive their Aquarian Age from Best Buy yet? I haven't, and I'm confused because this is the most bizarre shipping set up I've ever seen. In the email it says it was shipped by USPS, but the page it links me to is a UPS page. But then, down in the details, it says it was shipped by USPS. Its very odd.

Anyone else get this, and has anyone seen this before?

Oh also it says it was 'delivered at unit' today, but it was not. Heh.
Are you talking about the Aquarian Age: Complete Collection (Thinpak) from ADV Films (which is $10.99 via BB kiosk) or the first boxset of Aquarion by FUNimation? If it's Aquarion, I received my copy earlier today.
Old 03-12-08, 09:18 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by halfacandan
Not sure whether it is a bargain but I presume this DVD is OOP as I can't find it online:

Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland - $12.98 @ YesAsia

Dan
Thanks, I might have to get this!
Old 03-12-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amazon has the HD DVD version of Appleseed up for preorder for $16.49.

http://www.amazon.com/Appleseed-Mach...5380807&sr=1-5
Old 03-12-08, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Are you talking about the Aquarian Age: Complete Collection (Thinpak) from ADV Films (which is $10.99 via BB kiosk) or the first boxset of Aquarion by FUNimation? If it's Aquarion, I received my copy earlier today.

Oh oops. Sorry about that. Yeah just Aquarion. Mine was actually waiting for me when I got home. I almost always have stuff sent to the office so thats where the confusion came in. Nice packaging!
Old 03-13-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anyone know what the best price is for the Blood+ box set? i think i remember people talking about FYE or FYE.com being the best place to get it?
Old 03-13-08, 04:14 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
does anyone know what the best price is for the Blood+ box set? i think i remember people talking about FYE or FYE.com being the best place to get it?
The next best price maybe from the next DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale. It's currently $79.89 and that will make it $63.91 (about 47% off the retail price) if the price holds.
Old 03-13-08, 05:28 PM

Moviestop is currently running a 40% off used anime sale. I was able to pick up Chobits Vol 1 w/ box (i think its rare), and the last 4 volumes of Gankutsuou (finally completed!) for $9 each.

The sale is confirmed to be going on til end of day sunday, but may be going on next week as well.
Old 03-13-08, 07:53 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:
Old 03-13-08, 08:02 PM

Packaging question: Gundam 08th MS Team Complete Collection

Gundam 08th MS Team Complete Collection - Bandai
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/66110/4/0/0

Anyone know what type of packaging this has? I'm not sure if I should put a cancellation on my Bandai sales order.

(Note: I've had major floaters/scratch discs with "Anime Legend/Bandai Complete Collection" cases.)

I recently received my Fancy Lala Complete Collection, along with the Kikaider complete collection. Fancy Lala filled with scratches. Kikaider has several floaters. I'm in the process of getting the Fancy Lala exchanged. I've got to get in touch with the Kikaider shipper.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 03-13-08 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-13-08, 08:08 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by strawberry99

Anyone know what type of packaging this has? I'm not sure if I should put a cancellation on my Bandai sales order.

(Note: I've had major floaters/scratch discs with "Anime Legend/Bandai Complete Collection" cases.)

I recently received my Fancy Lala Complete Collection, along with the Kikaider complete collection. Fancy Lala filled with scratches. Kikaider has several floaters. I'm in the process of getting the Fancy Lala exchanged. I've got to get in touch with the Kikaider shipper.
According to AAA Anime, it has the alphacase packaging. From the looks of the cover art, it should be the same packaging as Fancy Lala and Kikaider.
Old 03-13-08, 08:39 PM

Sweet, I was hoping they'd put Heat Guy J for $34.99 again. Heard great things about the series, sounds like a good deal to me.

Last Exile for $54.99 is also a great deal IMO. One of my favorite anime ever, maybe a second to Vision of Escaflowne but it would be really close.

Though, I personally prefer the individual DVD release boxset. Range Murata's artwork is simply amazing!
Old 03-13-08, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by strawberry99

Its this style case.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3880/dc56mboo9.jpg
Can't find my camera right now or I would have taken actual pictures.
I've not had any problems with these cases ,but I have picked up a few in-stores that sounded like they had floaters.
Old 03-13-08, 09:40 PM

Actually, all the art from the Last Exile single releases is included in the thinpack (the covers are double-sided.)

Last edited by Krelyan; 03-13-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 07:29 AM
WTK

CD Universe
Old 03-14-08, 07:32 AM
WTK

Minor TRSI Bargain Bin Update
  • Kamichu!, Vol.1 - 4: $11.99 each
Old 03-14-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey
I am hoping someone can help ... I ordered the bleach box set from walmart and just collected it yesterday anyway what i wanted to know is if someone can tell what is supposed to come in the set ... I know the Wallet wasn't part of it... thanks since mines looked opened and repackaged cause there were fingerprints all over the discs thanks
Old 03-14-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

when i ordered and received mine from walmart it was just the thinpack and no one had opened it up...stupid Walmart employees...but there was no wallet chain as you said in the walmart version of it. I will have to open it tonite to see what all is inside of it
Old 03-14-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
when i ordered and received mine from walmart it was just the thinpack and no one had opened it up...stupid Walmart employees...but there was no wallet chain as you said in the walmart version of it. I will have to open it tonite to see what all is inside of it
thanks for the quick response Let me know ... I did get a poster but the sticker on the boxset says there was supposed to be some kind of exclusive trading card and whatever else ... gosh it was shipped out in a bubble envelope to top it off so of course the case was cracked too and the edges banged up ...

well looking forward to your response...
Old 03-14-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
thanks for the quick response Let me know ... I did get a poster but the sticker on the boxset says there was supposed to be some kind of exclusive trading card and whatever else ... gosh it was shipped out in a bubble envelope to top it off so of course the case was cracked too and the edges banged up ...

well looking forward to your response...
I got my copy from a W*M B&M. It comes with the poster and a trading card. My card is "Ichigo Injured". With the missing card and fingerprints, you got yourself a rewrapped set.
Old 03-14-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I got my copy from a W*M B&M. It comes with the poster and a trading card. My card is "Ichigo Injured". With the missing card and fingerprints, you got yourself a rewrapped set.
Great Figured i was the unlucky one to get the rewrapped set ;(

oh well thanks again for the replies ....

Last edited by DisneyDVDFAN; 03-14-08 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-14-08, 03:03 PM
Cool New Member

Just got mushi-shi starter pack from best buy. My buy.com order of wolf rain collection 1&2 from their bandai sale just shipped out hopefully it'll be here next week.
Old 03-15-08, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
Was in my local Best Buy earlier today noticed a little yellow sign in front of Appleseed: Ex Machina that said Warner Bros. had made a error or something along those lines.

Said the copies with books should be coming in soon and those that got their copies already should call Warner at a 800 number that was on the paper.
Unfortunately I saw someone I'd not seen in a while and got to talking so forgot to write down the number.
I received my copy of Ex Machina from BB via mail yesterday w/o the book. I sent them an email and got this back:

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent Appleseed: Ex Machina LE DVD order on BestBuy.com.

Unfortunately, there was a packaging error and you did not receive the free Appleseed: Ex Machina comic book with your order. To receive the comic book, please call 1-800-553-6937 to speak to a customer care representative from Warner Brothers between Monday - Friday 7AM to 7PM PST. The comic book and the shipping will be free of charge.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $5 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com."

It goes on to giving you the actual coupon code and some customer loyalty spiel as well, but that's the basic information. I suggest contacting their CS department online before calling the 800 # so you can get the $5 off.
Old 03-15-08, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Some decent pricing at SecondSpin's 20% discount sale. I managed to pick up the Escalfowne 8 disc set for $17.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.