Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 3/02/08 to 3/08/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 11:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 3/02/08 to 3/08/08

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores -
free Horton Hears a Who moviecash with various Fox family titles
Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy -
101 Dalmatians - FREE plush toy w/ purchase (choice of two plushes, one a dog toy)
various Fox family titles - free Horton plush (and the Horton movie cash at every store)

Target -
101 Dalmatians - 2 Zipper Pulls (kind of like a keychain that attaches to your zipper) included on-pack (shrinkwrapped over slipcover)

Circuit City -
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium - bonus CD-Rom w/ paper airplane designs

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium - bonus DVD w/ 30 minutes of featurettes
101 Dalmatians - Bone-a-fide Hits music CD

K-Mart/Sears -
I searched and found nothing

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
101 Dalmatians - FREE film cell w/ purchase (limited availability)

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders -
Darjeeling Limited - Exclusive Postcards included in-pack

Costco -
101 Dalmatians - keychain shrinkwrapped to DVD

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store -
Enchanted - 2-WEEK PRE-ORDER WINDOW ONLY - Four-lithograph set (limited to 150 per store according to DS associate) FREE with pre-order ($19.99)

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Safeway / Von's / Stop n Shop -
101 Dalmatians - mini lunch box

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives -
Futureshop
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium - bonus disc, "Watch the toys come to life in this magical toy store. Includes interantive games & more!"
101 Dalmatians - bonus box with fuzzy dalmatian print on the front

Last edited by Trevor; 03-09-08 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-29-08, 11:17 AM

Going out of town for a few days, so I'm starting this week a bit early.
Old 03-01-08, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium

Futureshop: bonus disc "Watch the toys come to life in this magical toy store. Includes interantive games & more!"

According the speedy's post, also listed at Target..
Later
Old 03-02-08, 11:30 AM

Circuit City is advertising a free paper airplanes designs CD-Rom with Magorium.

Wal-Mart's site says they'll have an exclusive with it, but it doesn't say what. Could just be a 2-pack with another movie of course.
Old 03-04-08, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Future Shop: 101 Dalmatians comes with a bonus box with fuzzy dalmation print on the front.
Old 03-04-08, 07:06 PM

Disney Store
Enchanted - 2-WEEK PRE-ORDER WINDOW ONLY - Four-lithograph set (limited to 150 per store according to DS associate) FREE with pre-order ($19.99)

Target
101 Dalmatians - 2 Zipper Pulls (kind of like a keychain that attaches to your zipper) included on-pack (shrinkwrapped over slipcover)

Best Buy
101 Dalmatians - FREE plush toy w/ purchase

TWEC
101 Dalmatians - FREE film cell w/ purchase (limited availability)

Last edited by shyguy1083; 03-04-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-05-08, 12:38 AM

Wal-Mart and Sam's Club have an exclusive 2-pack of 101 Dalmations & Bone-a-fide Hits CD.
Old 03-05-08, 08:27 PM

I noticed two different exclusives for 101 Dalmatians while I was making my media run today. One was at Costco, where they had a free dalmation keychain shrinkwrapped to the top of the keepcase. The other was a mini lunch box, free with puchase of the DVD at Stop & Shop (of all places), a large supermarket chain here in the northeast. I don't even see this retailer listed in the stores up top! I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be some sort of shared exclusive, perhaps also found at other supermarkets? Or maybe it's just something my local Stop & Shop did as a promo, I can't be sure. Anyway, there ya go.
Old 03-07-08, 10:15 AM

WalMart has Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium with a 30 min bonus disc. I saw a whole bunch of FS only copies at one Walmart.
Later
Old 03-07-08, 03:54 PM

Sorry for the delay all, thanks for covering me while I was gone. Updates made.
Old 03-07-08, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
The other was a mini lunch box, free with puchase of the DVD at Stop & Shop (of all places), a large supermarket chain here in the northeast. I don't even see this retailer listed in the stores up top! I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be some sort of shared exclusive, perhaps also found at other supermarkets? Or maybe it's just something my local Stop & Shop did as a promo, I can't be sure. Anyway, there ya go.
This sounds similar to the bonus that Giant Food had with Peter Pan a few months back. I'll try to remember to stop by a Giant tonight to confirm.
Old 03-08-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,188 Likes on 4,215 Posts
Von's Supermarket (and probably Safeway) : Free 101 Dalmation mini-lunchbox with purchase of DVD.
Old 03-08-08, 03:48 PM

Borders
Darjeeling Limited - Exclusive Postcards included in-pack
Old 03-08-08, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Von's Supermarket (and probably Safeway) : Free 101 Dalmation mini-lunchbox with purchase of DVD.
Safeway too, indeed.
Old 03-09-08, 08:51 AM

Updates made.