20% off =AND= free shipping @ wherehouse.com

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

20% off =AND= free shipping @ wherehouse.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems here (1 week turnaround) other than they sent me one wrong title. According to their records, they haven't received the DVD back yet. It's a bit concerning since I sent it out over 2 weeks ago. Going from San Jose to SoCal I would have expected it to be processed by now.
Old 03-26-08, 10:50 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I received all of mine within 2 weeks. Cally to Massachusetts.
Old 03-26-08, 12:44 PM

Received 2 DVD's and a CD in a week and a half. 1 DVD and the CD were very good, but the second DVD was badly scratched. Sent them an e-mail and they mailed me another one very quickly.
Old 03-26-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

have received all my dvds i ordered...sorry to those who haven't
Old 03-28-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think I'm being an unreasonable person for expecting my order to have arrived by now, am I? Placed February 29th, shipped March 2nd, and still nothing received and it's March 28th. They said 1 to 3 weeks, and this has well exceeded that.

I contacted Wherehouse for a second time today, and I am hoping that they will have the decency to maybe admit my order was lost, ship me another order via rush shipping, and offer me some sort of compensation. This has been quite the miserable transaction thus far.
Old 03-28-08, 09:47 PM

Still haven't gotten my orders that shipped on the 7th and 8th, but I'm going to give it till Monday before I email them.
Old 03-31-08, 12:22 PM
Cool New Member

Has anyone else in Canada still not received their order? I placed four orders during the sale, the first of which shipped March 4th, and I still haven't received anything.
Old 03-31-08, 06:12 PM

Mine shipped on the 4th from CA, still waiting on the West Coast. Two orders from Second spin with later ship dates still outstanding as well. The slugs working for Canada customs are still recovering from the Christmas stress.
Old 03-31-08, 09:30 PM

Still waiting on my order, they told me it's going to be at least 2 more weeks (!!!!) just to investigate where my package is. Then they'll have to get it to me on top of that... ugggghhhhhhhh.
Old 04-01-08, 02:45 PM

Just got my order which shipped on March 4th. It was addressed right but USPS had sent it to Sweden, they sent it back. Might be others sent the same way.
Order was 5 titles, three were ex-rentals, polished up. One had a broken spindle and as a floater got scratched up, asking for a replacement.
Old 04-01-08, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by scouse
It was addressed right but USPS had sent it to Sweden, they sent it back.
So my DVDs could be in Sweden, great! Who do they have working at their sorting facility, Homer Simpson?

"Anyone could miss Canada. All tucked away down there"
Old 04-02-08, 09:05 PM
Cool New Member

Well, I received my first order today (shipped March 4th). It also took a detour to Sweden. Everything is in great shape though, and three of the DVDs were factory sealed.
Old 04-02-08, 10:39 PM

So it looks like I should be getting mine any day now according to everyone else's experience. Unless mine got held up in Sweden for some reason.

Was there something on the packaging that would make USPS send them to Sweden? I still don't know how you can confuse Canada with Sweden and we've established it wasn't an isolated incident.
Old 04-19-08, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, my order never came. They finally issued me store credit, but I opted for a refund instead.
Old 06-10-08, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kory
Still waiting on my order, they told me it's going to be at least 2 more weeks (!!!!) just to investigate where my package is. Then they'll have to get it to me on top of that... ugggghhhhhhhh.
These idiots re-shipped my order, this time to my permanent address, and once again, it came up missing. They issued me a refund, but I am not happy one bit. All of the DVDs I ordered are now more expensive, and they don't even have the discount anymore. They were completely unwilling to do anything for me to help, or to rectify the situation, or to compensate me for essentially borrowing my money from February until June.

Can I do anything legally? Or would the threat of doing something maybe change their tune? I just can't believe I went through all this frustration for nothing, all the while they had money of mine on loan, for 4-5 months.
Old 06-10-08, 05:52 AM
Cool New Member

These idiots re-shipped my order, this time to my permanent address, and once again, it came up missing. They issued me a refund, but I am not happy one bit. All of the DVDs I ordered are now more expensive, and they don't even have the discount anymore. They were completely unwilling to do anything for me to help, or to rectify the situation, or to compensate me for essentially borrowing my money from February until June.

Can I do anything legally? Or would the threat of doing something maybe change their tune? I just can't believe I went through all this frustration for nothing, all the while they had money of mine on loan, for 4-5 months.

You can file a complaint with the better business bureau, or at least threaten that. They seem to fear that more than the threat of a lawsuit.
Old 06-10-08, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How exactly is it their fault? If it got lost, then you should be blaming the shipping carrier. Exactly how many times do you expect them to ship out the same order and have it get lost? Eventually they have to say "enough is enough".