DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Gamestop B2G4 Free *YMMV* (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/526050-gamestop-b2g4-free-%2Aymmv%2A.html)

icarwngs55 02-25-08 05:58 PM

Gamestop B2G4 Free *YMMV*

Hey Kids,

As the title says Gamestop is running a Buy 2 Get 4 Free Blowout at many locations and is apparently supposed to go nationwide as Gamestop will no longer carry DVDs/HD/Blu-Ray. Everything is in this sale Boxsets and higher defintion discs.

Happy Hunting!

Here is what I snagged...

Star Trek Deep Space 9: Season 7 (X 2)
Desperate Housewives: Season 2
Spiderman 3 [Blu-ray]
Constantine [HD]
Serenity [HD]

Total: $60

I am going to sell 1 if not both Star Treks and maybe Desperate Housewives...I don't really like the show AT ALL, but if I can work it out so everything is free I am happy. I really only really wanted the 3 High Definition discs. *shrug*

Mike

PS- You can use Discount Card as well...Mine expired :(

Jacoby Ellsbury 02-25-08 06:12 PM

just called my local store, they said as of now the big city stores are doing them, he referenced Orlando and Jacksonville.

icarwngs55 02-25-08 06:24 PM

I visited 2 tiny stores and they both had sale...so no idea :)

Remote 02-25-08 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by icarwngs55
I visited 2 tiny stores and they both had sale...so no idea :)

What did they have?

icarwngs55 02-25-08 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Remote
What did they have?

Look to my original post for what I bought, other than that the stores were cleaned out by the time I got there after classes.

Mike

TheMovieman 02-25-08 06:47 PM

Called both the stores near me and neither sell DVDs... Oh well.

darkside 02-25-08 08:43 PM

Picked up a random assortment of stuff. Nothing outstanding, but I averaged just over $4 each so no complaints.

Smokin' Aces (HD DVD)
The Assassination of Jesse James
The Stand Miniseries
Empire Falls Miniseries
Return of the Pink Panther
Dave Chappelle's Block Party
Bottle Rocket
Halloween 25 Years of Terror
Viva La Bam Season 1
Fearless Hyena
Tim Conway Double Feature MGM disc.
Oh and one of those Barbie DVDs for my kid.

All for just under $50 with tax.

DerangedHermit 02-25-08 08:48 PM

I was at my store yesterday...they had B2G2. I'm sad they're getting rid of DVDs, because my local store always got a lot of wrestling DVDs and marked them to $1.99. Stupid GS, now I don't have a reason to go there.

waylonsmithers 02-25-08 09:43 PM

I've been to three gamestops all running the B2G4 sale and I couldn't find anything to purchase. I was primarily looking for HD-DVD/Blu-rays and the only thing I found were five copies of King Kong HD-DVD and a Norbit Blu-ray.

JiM T 02-26-08 09:13 AM

More and more places seem to be dropping used DVDs, or going out of business. The pickins are getting thin for those of us who like to hunt these places...

DVDmaniac14 02-26-08 09:35 AM

how are they doing this? like if you buy 2 dvds at 9.99 each...how can you get FOUR (4) FREE?!

phraseturner 02-26-08 09:47 AM

I don't play games, so DVDs were the only reason I visit GameStop stores. My discount card expires at the end of this month. I guess I won't be renewing the card... or have any reason so shop there anymore.

More money to spend on used DVDs at pawn shops, I suppose...

DVDmaniac14 02-26-08 10:23 AM

nvm i figured out my own question...if you buy 2 dvds at $10 each...you can get 4 dvds that are $10 or under for FREE O_o im gonna head over to my ebgames right after lunch and check out their selection tho i have no hopes for a good selection considering i live in hickville\

Remote 02-26-08 10:28 AM

Some stores have B2G2 and others have B2G4. I've checked two in my area and they're B2G2, the manager said that one store was definately B2G4 so I'm going to check that one out. I was going to buy some anyway and got up there and they didn't have the disc for one of the blu-rays. :(

dx23 02-26-08 11:05 AM

No store with the deal in my area.

stingermck 02-26-08 02:50 PM

Out of 7 stores in my area, only 3 were still selling DVDs. Just called one of them and was told they have already stopped selling them completely as of Sunday.

Randy Miller III 02-26-08 02:51 PM

All the GameStops around here have had B2G2 for months now, but there's never anything good to choose from. I'll have to stop by this week just for fun, though...

asianxcore 02-26-08 05:59 PM

Any idea how long this will last?

A Gamestop near my girlfriend's place had some Blu-Rays I wouldn't mind picking up on the cheap. Problem is I probably won't be in the area for another week or so.

islandclaws 02-26-08 07:48 PM

The GS near me didn't have a single DVD in the store.

icarwngs55 02-26-08 07:58 PM

Most stores are selling out quick...When they are gone they are gone...NO MORE TRADE INs

jeffbase34 02-26-08 08:34 PM

That's really sad. WHy did they stop doing this? Every since they refused to take cash for dvds, the pickings for boxsets have been awful. It is always beat up copies of Smallville or a dented $40 dollar used Band of Brothers when I go.

Al Padrino 02-26-08 08:36 PM

I'll have to check out my lone GS tomorrow. I was in a couple while in St. Louis this weekend and was surprised to find no DVDs in either. Guess I know why now.

Autolycus 02-27-08 11:11 AM

None of the GameStops in our area are running the B2G4.

They're all still running the B2G2.

Most have just a pitiful, beat-up looking selection of standard DVD titles (many of which are just used rental copies which don't even have the original inserts), but last Thursday I found one store which had a handful of HD titles.

With B2G2, I went ahead and picked up 3 HD DVDs [The Fountain; Transformers 2-disc; Blade Runner (5-disc Complete Collector's Edition set)]; and the standard DVD 4-disc box set The Tarzan Collection Volume 1 (Johnny Weissmuller) - all for $35.98 (about $9.00 each) plus tax.

I considered holding off buying them in anticipation of this B2G4 sale on Monday - glad now I didn't wait (since our stores aren't participating).

Trevor 02-27-08 01:24 PM

For those searching in Fairfax/Loudoun County.

Reston - no movies
Sterling by Giant - b2g2
Sterling on rt 7 - b2g2
Dulles Town Center - b2g4
Fair Oaks Mall - b2g1

All 4 had absolutely horrible selections, most were just one side of a rack. Total waste of time I would advise. About a total of 5 HDM titles spread amongst them. The DTC store told me that they heard they'll be getting the movies from all the area stores.

sauce07 02-27-08 01:42 PM

I just went to my Gamestop (Franklin Farm/NOVA) and got one hell of a deal thanks to a mistake on their end. I had 2 ps3 games and 2 ps2 games to trade in for a total of $34. I was gonna get The Simpsons Movie BD for $18 and The Path of Neo for $18 to clear the trade in balance. I noticed the buy 2, get 2 sign on the shelf for BD but mostly ignored it becasue the only other movies were Spider Man 3 (already own), The Devils Rejects (own on DVD), Resident Evil 3 and Catch & Release, great selection I know. I figured out that I could get $7 each for trading in Catch & Release and Resident Evil, which would mean I was getting Devils Rejects for $5

So I bought all 4 BD, using my $34 credit, paid my $5 on top and told the cashier to now trade in C&R and RE3 for Path of Neo, roughly the same price. The cashier ended up returning the BD, not trading them in, which gave me the full price (as if I didn't just get them for free in a B2G2) of $36 and then charged me for Path of Neo.

In the end I traded in 4 games that i don't play, and walked out with 2 BD's, a PS2 game and $12 in my pocket. Not bad.