Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

-- Rock, ConAir, Crimson Tide Blu-ray for $14.95 at Amazon

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

-- Rock, ConAir, Crimson Tide Blu-ray for $14.95 at Amazon

Old 02-21-08, 02:23 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Willits, CA
Posts: 1,696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-- Rock, ConAir, Crimson Tide Blu-ray for $14.95 at Amazon

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I can't find it listed as a sale at Amazon. However, when I search for Crimson Tide, The Rock, or Con Air, they come up at $14.95 for the Blu-rays...That's a pretty good price, I think, especially with Amazon prime....

Also, in non-Blu ray, if you're interested in Hard Candy on DVD, it is $3.99 at Amazon.
Old 02-21-08, 02:32 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Studio City
Posts: 244
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a $10 rebate for previous DVD owners?

edit: yep, there's a $10 dollar rebate insert inside the three mentioned Blu-Rays that expires 12/31/08 but the catch is that you have to cut up the artwork for the POP...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=29263 discusses the pros and cons of such a heartbreaking decision...

Last edited by tbickle; 02-21-08 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-21-08, 02:34 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had Crimson Tide on my wishlist and noticed it dropped to $14.95 yesterday. Since I'm still getting the 10% deal I decided to order it along with a few other pre-order titles to get free shipping. Didn't notice if it was part of any particular sale or promotion running at Amazon, but certainly not a bad price for a decent action flick.
Old 02-21-08, 02:49 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 3,353
Received 201 Likes on 144 Posts
^^Just scan it and print it up on some photopaper and send that in.
Old 02-21-08, 04:00 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,893
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rebate won't work with Amazon unless you live in WA because receipt has to match your mailing address state.
Old 02-21-08, 04:48 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I had Crimson Tide on my wishlist and noticed it dropped to $14.95 yesterday. Since I'm still getting the 10% deal I decided to order it along with a few other pre-order titles to get free shipping. Didn't notice if it was part of any particular sale or promotion running at Amazon, but certainly not a bad price for a decent action flick.
Amazon is simply matching Best Buy's price.
Old 02-21-08, 05:00 PM
  #7  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,974
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkzahn
Rebate won't work with Amazon unless you live in WA because receipt has to match your mailing address state.
I don't know if that is true since I have used Amazon reciepts for rebates for disney dvds.

Picked con Air and the Rock.
Old 02-21-08, 05:51 PM
  #8  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the Bluray version of Con Air include the extended version? I read the review on this site and it does not say. Thanks
Old 02-21-08, 06:13 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 389
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
of course i already traded in/sold my con air and rock dvds. Damn
Old 02-21-08, 06:31 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: OHIO, USA
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ehilbert
Does the Bluray version of Con Air include the extended version? I read the review on this site and it does not say. Thanks
It is not the extended version but it does include the deleted and in my opinion unnecessary scenes.
Old 02-21-08, 06:34 PM
  #11  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indianajmb
It is not the extended version but it does include the deleted and in my opinion unnecessary scenes.
I don't understand why they would not include it. That is just dumb. I wanted to buy Alien Vs Preditor bluray,but it doesn't include the directors cut. Again how stupid.
Old 02-21-08, 06:59 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,659
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ehilbert
I don't understand why they would not include it. That is just dumb. I wanted to buy Alien Vs Preditor bluray,but it doesn't include the directors cut. Again how stupid.
That is not true.....the AVP Blu-ray DOES include both the theatrical and the unrated extended version of the film...
Old 02-21-08, 07:23 PM
  #13  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WMAangel
That is not true.....the AVP Blu-ray DOES include both the theatrical and the unrated extended version of the film...
The review on this site says it includes the theatrical version and the extended version,but not the unrated directors cut.
Old 02-21-08, 07:27 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,938
Likes: 0
Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by aeron
Also, in non-Blu ray, if you're interested in Hard Candy on DVD, it is $3.99 at Amazon.
Wow. I'm really interested in picking that up. Wonder how easy it might be to tack it on to an existing order (includes a pre-order for a DVD released in March). That order is already set for free shipping.
Old 02-21-08, 10:03 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rebate (and this deal) has been discussed in this thread:

10$ Rebate Con Air/The Rock/Crimson Tide

I have not seen the coupon, but someone mentioned that it was ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. So, since ALL 3 use the same exact form, you might only get 1 rebate, even if you submit for all 3 different movies.
Old 02-22-08, 10:02 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 11,011
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Pookymeister
of course i already traded in/sold my con air and rock dvds. Damn
Did the same with my Crimson Tide/Rock DVDs. Oh well.
Old 02-22-08, 11:49 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flix1
The rebate (and this deal) has been discussed in this thread:

10$ Rebate Con Air/The Rock/Crimson Tide

I have not seen the coupon, but someone mentioned that it was ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. So, since ALL 3 use the same exact form, you might only get 1 rebate, even if you submit for all 3 different movies.
called buena vista home entertainment today and the rep that helped me said that you will get a rebate check for each of the movies. i said that the forms were exactly the same, and she said they can tell by the proof of purchase tabs that you tape to the form. FWIW
Old 02-23-08, 12:23 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
called buena vista home entertainment today and the rep that helped me said that you will get a rebate check for each of the movies. i said that the forms were exactly the same, and she said they can tell by the proof of purchase tabs that you tape to the form. FWIW
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-08, 05:21 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What number are you calling Buena Vista at?
Old 03-01-08, 09:26 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 565
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a pdf version of the rebate form? I bought all 3 movies and didnt get any rebates forms.
Old 03-01-08, 01:59 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,096
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Got my copies of Rock and Con Air. Both had a sticker that mentioned the rebate.
Old 03-02-08, 01:53 AM
  #22  
pmf
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 78
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Called 1-800-723-4763 (BV/WD) for the form missing in the Con-Air Blu-ray I bought from BB last Tuesday & got it in the mail today.

I will be doing all 3 MIR, separately I suppose.

PF
Old 03-02-08, 12:36 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 565
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.