Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Adventures of Brisco County Jr. ----- $22.14 at DD

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sandstar
I do have some good news for everyone who ordered the show, but haven't gotten it shipped yet: While mine hasn't shipped yet either, the dvd I was complaining about earlier has shipped. Although it took over a month, they shipped it out to me today. So that probably means that, while it may take a while, Brisco probably will ship out.
Except disc 7, which is on backorder. After saying this, I will most likely get a set with a missing disc, or no set at all. I guess I will find out.

Dirk
Old 02-15-08, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Ordered on the 6th and mine is still processing. Wonderful. Wish Amazon could have matched this price. Now it says BACKORDERED. Ugh.
Old 02-15-08, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it being sold at this price because there could be a disc missing?
Old 02-15-08, 05:45 PM
Cool New Member

I really doubt it. They can't *make* you keep a faulty collection (and missing a disk is faulty). No one's gonna say "Well, I only paid 20% of list, so what if it's missing a disk." Everyone's gonna complain, and either get a replacement dvd, or a new set. (or at least I will. And if you're happy with it missing a disk....get medical help.)
Old 02-15-08, 05:51 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandstar
I really doubt it. They can't *make* you keep a faulty collection (and missing a disk is faulty). No one's gonna say "Well, I only paid 20% of list, so what if it's missing a disk." Everyone's gonna complain, and either get a replacement dvd, or a new set. (or at least I will. And if you're happy with it missing a disk....get medical help.)
they won't just send my missing disc 7... I have to send it back, and they send me a new set... which of course now is backordered until hell freezes over.
Old 02-15-08, 07:39 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
they won't just send my missing disc 7... I have to send it back, and they send me a new set... which of course now is backordered until hell freezes over.

Actually, interestingly, if you add it to your cart, it says it's shipping today. So who knows what's up?
Old 02-15-08, 09:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Color me confused.

Okay.

Those who have received the set; how many of you are missing the last disc? I'd like to know, if it is - I'll cancel my order. I'd like to know.
Old 02-15-08, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JohnIan
Color me confused.

Okay.

Those who have received the set; how many of you are missing the last disc? I'd like to know, if it is - I'll cancel my order. I'd like to know.
As far as I can tell, only one person is missing a disc. He's just making such a fuss it seems like everybody is.
Old 02-15-08, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
They will ship eventually, they never dissapoint.

As far as a missing disc, that's a problem with the studio, and not DD- although I'm sure if you contact DD directly they'll exchange it for a new one.
Old 02-15-08, 10:37 PM

yea, my set is fine. two discs (7 and 8)were loose in shipping but didn't get messed up
Old 02-16-08, 01:36 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Much appreciated.
Old 02-16-08, 05:45 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Peep
As far as I can tell, only one person is missing a disc. He's just making such a fuss it seems like everybody is.

One post saying I'm missing the disc, and one follow up saying they won't just send me disc 7, sure is making a fuss, right? jerk.
Old 02-16-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One post saying I'm missing the disc, and one follow up saying they won't just send me disc 7, sure is making a fuss, right? jerk.
Look at the panic you started. Did you ever think to say 'hey, it's only me missing a disk' to any of the four or five people who started freaking out because of your posts?

And please drop the insults/personal attacks.
Old 02-16-08, 01:40 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Peep
Look at the panic you started. Did you ever think to say 'hey, it's only me missing a disk' to any of the four or five people who started freaking out because of your posts?

And please drop the insults/personal attacks.
Where in my previous posts did I ever say and/or even allude to the fact that my now infamous missing disc 7 was of global fucking concern? ...and considering I have yet to get a replacement set, how could I even be in a position to comment one way or the other whether this was an isolated problem, or whether it was the reason the sets were priced so low? That sort of hand-holding "Johnny, everything's going to be alright, come down off of the water tower with that rifle" sort of affirmation needs to come from someone who got a complete set... which it almost immediately did, ...and since when the FUCK should I take responsibility for other people preemptively getting their panties in a twist about the prospect that their precious "Brisco County" set would be incomplete? You've got to be kidding me. My comments, all of them, stand firm, as YOUR comment was quite uncalled for. geeeeeeeeeesh.
Old 02-16-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...and since when the FUCK should I take responsibility for other people preemptively getting their panties in a twist about the prospect that their precious "Brisco County" set would be incomplete? You've got to be kidding me...
Uh, it's called being part of a community. And it you panic the community complaining about your own petty problems, you should probably put in the effort to undo the damage which you've done.

IMO.

And just because you don't like what I said, it's not justification to insult me. That's not my opinion - that's the forum rules.
Old 02-16-08, 03:25 PM

Wait, so they're sending out empty sets now? Can they even do that? I'm going to write to the Better Business Bureau. People can't get away with that kind of thing.
Old 02-16-08, 03:25 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I would like to apologize to any and all of you that either thought of, or actually went through with the act of suicide over my comment that when I got MY DVD set, disc seven was missing. It was wrong of me to inform you of that. And when I saw that we went to security level red, I should have also posted that everything was going to be just AOK with the world, and that each and every one of you should wait until your OWN set comes in your mailbox before you actually place the business end of that shotgun in your mouths. Again, humbly, I apologize with all of my heart for the absolute blatant disregard for public safety. My set was missing disc seven, yours will probably not. I myself have been struggling with the thought of suicide, or at the very least sleep induced coma until the situation gets resolved. Carry on valiant community, carry on.
Old 02-16-08, 03:28 PM

*Phew*

I guess we can just...

HAR HAR!
Old 02-16-08, 03:31 PM

I used to wonder who the people who panic buy bottled water in case of the Y2K bug were. Now I know.

You guys need to lighten up and stop being mini-mods. All he did was say he didn't get disc 7. He never said nobody else did. You'd of thought he had shot a cat.
Old 02-16-08, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SamDVDCompare
You'd of thought he had shot a cat.
Don't even joke about such things. It's bad enough there are these disappearing disc 7's out there, now I'm going into hysterics because of cat shootings? I just can't take this kind of Internet Pressure.
Old 02-16-08, 03:40 PM

Old 02-16-08, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SamDVDCompare
You guys need to lighten up and stop being mini-mods. All he did was say he didn't get disc 7. He never said nobody else did.
Did you read the previous threads. Hey, all I did was respond to one of the several people worried that sets were shipping with missing discs. I didn't respond to TallGuyMe or call him on his actions. At that point, I couldn't have cared less what he wrote. It wasn't until he blew a gasket, started swearing and calling me names that I even responded to him.
Old 02-16-08, 04:47 PM

Guys = plural
Old 02-16-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
This thread took a shit in a silo really quickly. Has anyone contacted DD to see if and when they will get their backordered copies in? I called them last night and waited on hold for 15 minutes and decided to hang up.
Old 02-18-08, 11:01 AM

oh, and the price is up to $24.99 now...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.