Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - February '08

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - February '08

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 12:42 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Permanent Price Drops (at least for the time being) @ Your Local Best Buy (YMMV)

Select FUNimation Title Price Drops @ Best Buy (B&M / YMMV)
Old 02-26-08, 12:42 PM
WTK

BestBuy.com / Best Buy (B&M)
Old 02-26-08, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eureka Seven Collector's Artbox??????

^Thanks for the Mushi vol. 6 price update. Unfortunately more money expended to complete the collection--yet I haven't even seen one single episode. Blind purchase due to youtube clips.

Eureka Seven Collector's Artbox??????

And I know this has actually been brought up before because I asked, and it was answered I believe in the December Anime Bargain thread which seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.

Eureka Seven has so many Artboxes with someone already clarified there being only two true sturdy collector's artboxes. Unfortunately I forgot which ones.

Which ones were they? Was it Volume 7 and 12??? (I finally got my 12 Days of Christmas Eureka Seven special, and now on the look out for the collector's artboxes)
Old 02-26-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

each vol. of eureka seven has a special edition box set that comes with a t-shirt, a manga, and the dvd. The Vol. 1 and Vol. 7 art boxes are the sturdiest and contain a t-shirt, soundtrack, manga, and the dvd :-D
Old 02-26-08, 06:38 PM

Hey WTK would you happen to know if volume 5 and 6 of Trinity Blood are also $5.99? All 6 volumes for ~$36 would be pretty nice.
Old 02-26-08, 10:11 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Digital Saint
Hey WTK would you happen to know if volume 5 and 6 of Trinity Blood are also $5.99? All 6 volumes for ~$36 would be pretty nice.
Vol.5 and 6 (VC) are not $5.99.
Old 02-26-08, 10:15 PM
WTK

Someone @ AoD has reported that the next Trans World Ent. anime promotion is Buy 1, Get 1 free on all Geneon titles.
Old 02-26-08, 10:43 PM

Plus, they'll have (at least the FYE's store manager told me) another buy 1 get everything half off anime day somewhere in April; likely the last week of April.
Old 02-26-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Someone @ AoD has reported that the next Trans World Ent. anime promotion is Buy 1, Get 1 free on all Geneon titles.
Now that they're all gone in my area!
Old 02-26-08, 11:11 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
That's too bad. I can't imagine having no TWEC stores around. We have two Suncoast, one FYE, and one Sam Goody (converting to a FYE) here in the Twin Cities.

Personally I have nothing that I needed from this reported B1G1 Geneon sale. However if it's true, it should help those who are still looking for select Geneon volumes/boxsets.
Old 02-27-08, 12:07 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Restocked online once more...at least for me.
No real surprises here...restocked again! It shouldn't be long before it goes back to OOS again.
Old 02-27-08, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
It's also at $7.49 at Amazon(makes a good filler to reach the free shipping threshold).
Old 02-27-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
No real surprises here...restocked again! It shouldn't be long before it goes back to OOS again.
everytime i refreshed the page when i bought it it would go in and out of stock...so i guess it just depends on luck and your browser O_o
Old 02-27-08, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
That would be sweet. I'd fget Paradise Kiss, finish off Ergo Proxy (Two discs to go), Finish Fate/Stay, and maybe start Zipang.
Old 02-27-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anyone know when the Geneon B1G1 starts (if it's true at all)?

also..has anyone that ordered Gurren Lagaan Vol. 1 from FYE.com had their order ship out yet?

Last edited by DVDmaniac14; 02-27-08 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-27-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14

also..has anyone that ordered Gurren Lagaan Vol. 1 from FYE.com had their order ship out yet?
I'm heading over to FYE later today to finish up my last two trade-in bags. I'll ask the manager about the Geneon promotion and I'll post my findings. I'm hoping that it starts tomorrow(FYE usually starts their anime promotions on a Thursday).
Old 02-27-08, 10:10 AM
WTK

It starts tomorrow for my local stores. It may go for around 3 weeks.

This title was not included in the latest ADV rescheduled release dates. Therefore for the time being, this title is delayed indefinitely until ADV announces something different.
Old 02-27-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
That's too bad. I can't imagine having no TWEC stores around. We have two Suncoast, one FYE, and one Sam Goody (converting to a FYE) here in the Twin Cities.

Personally I have nothing that I needed from this reported B1G1 Geneon sale. However if it's true, it should help those who are still looking for select Geneon volumes/boxsets.
I think there's still one in the Pasadena area, MAYBE... But I never go out there for anything, and I don't really remember how to get to the mall over there. It's a little sketchy. Other than that, every FYE/Suncoast I used to go to has been shut down.
Old 02-27-08, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I'm heading over to FYE later today to finish up my last two trade-in bags. I'll ask the manager about the Geneon promotion and I'll post my findings. I'm hoping that it starts tomorrow(FYE usually starts their anime promotions on a Thursday).
you and me both Sweet Baby James! got a TON of stuff to trade in! actually gonna try to hit up 3 FYES in a VERY short time span (cuz they're all downtown and im coming from an hour away i do wish FYE would extend this damn deal just ONE more day...since the end of Feb is on the 29th this yr...
Old 02-27-08, 01:38 PM

Last night my boyfriend picked up the box set of Bleach (volume 1) for $35 at Walmart. I thought this was a good deal, because I checked the MSRP value which was at $89, a company online was selling it for $141, and each dvd individually in the set is $20 each. I was so surprised they had it at Walmart to begin with, let alone at that great price!
Old 02-27-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
Last night my boyfriend picked up the box set of Bleach (volume 1) for $35 at Walmart. I thought this was a good deal, because I checked the MSRP value which was at $89, a company online was selling it for $141, and each dvd individually in the set is $20 each. I was so surprised they had it at Walmart to begin with, let alone at that great price!
It is a good deal, but it's not the limited edition version that has the wallet chain.
Old 02-27-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
justbarelymovin, isn't there still a suncoast in the Burbank mall? I don't know where you live, but I know the Glendale Galleria one closed down a little while ago. There's also one in the Santa Anita mall.

I love limited editions, but I'm not a huge fan of the Viz ones. I bought the Bleach set with the chain mainly because I thought that was the only one that was going to be available... I would've jumped on the Walmart version instead had I known. Most of their LEs (Inuyasha sets, Naruto sets) seem to be the regular set plus some trinket that I won't ever use. At least the other LEs come with a manga, CD, or oversized T-shirt...
Old 02-27-08, 03:32 PM

Just to let you know, the sale was already in effect today at the downtown Chicago FYE. I got Disgaea V2 and V3, Fate/Stay Night V4 and V5 all for $57.xx after the member discount. Plus I got the card for $5 comeback bucks.

Mine still had a good selection of Geneon stuff.

The promo didn't work automatically in the register, the manager had to go up stairs to confirm that this was true, so maybe they put out all the signs a bit early.
Old 02-27-08, 03:36 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Fodder1976
Just to let you know, the sale was already in effect today at the downtown Chicago FYE. I got Disgaea V2 and V3, Fate/Stay Night V4 and V5 all for $57.xx after the member discount. Plus I got the card for $5 comeback bucks.

Mine still had a good selection of Geneon stuff.

The promo didn't work automatically in the register, the manager had to go up stairs to confirm that this was true, so maybe they put out all the signs a bit early.
That means that your local store got the signage out a day early. The discounts should come down automatically at the register.

Your local FYE store has 2 floors? That's kind of interesting.
Old 02-27-08, 04:01 PM

So the Buy 1 Get on free Geneon thing is true? Will they make me pay full price? My FYE has Gannkutsu for $14.99 each. Think they'll let me slide with that price?

Also- are there any metro area michiganders around? The Suncoast near me disappered, and I don't know what happened tothem at all. (Dearborn)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.