Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - February '08

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - February '08

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 08:17 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
has anyone ordered from walmart.com before and chosen "site-to-store" shipping? I was just wondering how long it usually takes...cuz i know mine has shipped but i can't imagine it taking 2 full weeks to get to it's destination...even with media mail...
Dude, they don't use media mail. They ship it to your store from their warehouse along with the store's usual allotment of crap. That's why it's free, because the truck's already going to the store. I dunno how long it would talk. I guess it depends on where the item is shipping from, how many stops the truck makes, whether it gets lost by the minimum wage peons in the shipping along the way.
Old 02-20-08, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by SonicScrewy
Has anyone gotten their Gundam Wing boxset from Buy.com yet? The page says it ships in 1 or 2 business days, while last week it said 2 weeks, and now my order is placed "on order."
I received Gundam Wing Vol. 1 in the mail yesterday. Vol. 2 is still showing as backordered/on order on my account page on their site though.
Old 02-20-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Received both yesterday (Gundam Wing Vol. 1 & 2). They actually shipped them in pretty good packaging. Bubble paks. I ordered in the afternoon of the same day the sale was advertised.
Old 02-21-08, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sandstar
I guess it depends on where the item is shipping from, how many stops the truck makes, whether it gets lost by the minimum wage peons in the shipping along the way.
Excuse me, but i happen to be one of the 10-year-employed "minimum wage peons" you speak of. I might be an exception to that rule, but be nice, please.

Site-to-Store can be fast or slow. It honestly depends on where the item you bought is located. If it's an item regularly in-stock at the warehouse from which the WMDC truck ships from, it will come pretty fast (3-5 days).
If it's not there, or if the warehouse is waiting on a replenishment, it could take up to 2 weeks (that's what happened when i bought my TV). But I've never heard of items getting lost. Each STS package is shipped with a bright orange sticker and is put in a special location. It's a very easy, fast way to order from walmart.

I hope that helps you a little bit. If you have any more Q's, just let me know!

Moving on, i would like to know about Cowboy Bebop. Is they're anything special about the 'remix' version from the regular, older versions? or are they just newer editions? Any info would help. Thanks!
Old 02-21-08, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cowboy Bebop Remix has 5.1 audio for both English and Japanese, and remastered video quality.
Old 02-21-08, 10:06 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Bebop 'n' Bargains on Titles From Bandai Entertainment! @ RightStuf.com

It’s a timeless mix that never gets played out, because saving on your favorite anime NEVER goes out of style... Get ready for Bebop ‘n’ Bargains on DVDs, CDs and more from Bandai Entertainment – from classics like Agent Aika, Cowboy Bebop and Gundam to the newest buzz-worthy shows, including The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Flag, Eureka Seven and My-Otome!

From now through March 2, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and 33% OFF the retail prices of all CDs and merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: bebop
Expires: March 2, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF on DVDs and up to 40% OFF on CDs and other merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Bebop ’n’ Bargains” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 02-21-08, 10:13 AM
WTK

Lucky ☆ Star is coming out on May, 6 2008 & Available for Preordering @ TRSI!

Regular Edition: Retail Price: $29.98 / $17.99 after 40% off coupon / $16.19 after GA discount

Limited Edition: Retail Price: $64.98 / $38.99 after 40% off coupon / $35.09 after GA discount

Limited Edition Artbox:

LE Details:
  • Special Edition Artbox
  • "Motteke Sailor Foku" Opening CD
  • Konata Character CD
  • Girl's School Uniform (Winter) Print T-Shirt
  • Chocolate Cornet Screen Wipe
  • Alternate DVD Cover
Old 02-21-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anyone else's order @ FYE.com keep being canceled?! i can't figure it out...everytime i place an order for Black Cat Box Set and Eureka Seven Vol. 12 LE it keeps being canceled?!
Old 02-21-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
has anyone ordered from walmart.com before and chosen "site-to-store" shipping? I was just wondering how long it usually takes...cuz i know mine has shipped but i can't imagine it taking 2 full weeks to get to it's destination...even with media mail...
i've had a family member use that method with a piece of exercise equipment and I believe it took about 10 days to get from TX to GA
Old 02-21-08, 12:14 PM

does anyone else's order @ FYE.com keep being canceled?! i can't figure it out...everytime i place an order for Black Cat Box Set and Eureka Seven Vol. 12 LE it keeps being canceled?!
That sucks. I don't know what their deal is, most businesses are out there to sell stuff and make money, FYE seems more concerned with making sure they piss off all their potential customers.

My last order hasn't been cancelled so far. *knock on wood*
Old 02-21-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and of course it seems like i can't contact their customer service...i just don't know why every time i try to place another order they keep CANCELING IT! wtf?!
Old 02-21-08, 12:30 PM

Did you make sure all your information is correct? CC number, address, phone number, etc? Though, it's not like they really need another reason, being jackasses is more than enough. :\
Old 02-21-08, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

see the thing is...i used a gift card...and i just don't understand why they keep cancelling my order...i mean i have checked the amoutn on the GC and i KNOW it's below the actual amount...so i'll try ordering one more time with a different address and if that gets cancelled im going to try and find some way to contact customer service...cuz this is ridiculous!
Old 02-21-08, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sorraffy
i've had a family member use that method with a piece of exercise equipment and I believe it took about 10 days to get from TX to GA
I ordered Princess Tutu from them and it was in the store I chose 2 days later. I was very impressed with the speed.
Old 02-21-08, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well my walmart order has arrived :-D pleasantly surprised considering my initial opinions about walmart B&M

but my FYE order keeps getting cancelled...im going to call CS til i get through...this is absolutely ridiculous!

well that was surprising...i actually got through and they said the reason i couldn't get the order through and they kept canceling it was becuz the amoutn on my gift card is locked and they have not released the funds yet...how long does it usually take to unlock the amoutn on my gift card? anyone had any other similar experiences with this issue?

and sorry for all the questions today (just got a LOT on order) but does anyone know how long secondspin.com's expedited shipping takes? or i should rather ask what method they use to ship the item via expedited shippin?

Last edited by DVDmaniac14; 02-21-08 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-21-08, 03:48 PM

Lucky ☆ Star

Lucky ☆ Star !!!!

I'm so excited. This a great show. Lots of other anime references in it.
Old 02-21-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a fan of site to store, it was in the back of my local Wal-Mart and I waited about 15 minutes after 'ringing in' before someone came back to actually go find my package. So in retrospect, I would've paid the $2 to have it shipped rather than wait forever.
Old 02-21-08, 07:11 PM

but my FYE order keeps getting cancelled...im going to call CS til i get through...this is absolutely ridiculous!

well that was surprising...i actually got through and they said the reason i couldn't get the order through and they kept canceling it was becuz the amoutn on my gift card is locked and they have not released the funds yet...how long does it usually take to unlock the amoutn on my gift card? anyone had any other similar experiences with this issue?

Have you tried ordering without using the gift card to see if it will go through?
Old 02-21-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
see the thing is...i used a gift card...and i just don't understand why they keep cancelling my order...i mean i have checked the amoutn on the GC and i KNOW it's below the actual amount...so i'll try ordering one more time with a different address and if that gets cancelled im going to try and find some way to contact customer service...cuz this is ridiculous!
I don't know what to tell you. I placed a rather large order(14 titles, including all 5 of the Funimation box sets for March) yesterday and I too used a gift card as payment. My order still looks good. They actually shipped out Beowulf HD and Eureka Seven 11(I'll probably have to exchange this with Bandai) from this order today.
Old 02-21-08, 08:15 PM

Did anyone else try to buy Geobreeders from Bestprices.com when it was priced incorrectly? Apparently mine has shipped.

My Gundam Wing Collection II set has also shipped from Buy.com...too bad Collection I is still backordered. >_< But at least this time it appears they are actually honoring backorders and not cancelling them indiscriminately *knock on wood* so all hope isn't lost.
Old 02-21-08, 08:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Digital Saint
Did anyone else try to buy Geobreeders from Bestprices.com when it was priced incorrectly? Apparently mine has shipped.

My Gundam Wing Collection II set has also shipped from Buy.com...too bad Collection I is still backordered. >_< But at least this time it appears they are actually honoring backorders and not cancelling them indiscriminately *knock on wood* so all hope isn't lost.
Yeah, mine shipped, and I received it already.
Old 02-21-08, 10:46 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:

Last edited by WTK; 02-22-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-21-08, 10:49 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I don't know what to tell you. I placed a rather large order(14 titles, including all 5 of the Funimation box sets for March) yesterday and I too used a gift card as payment. My order still looks good. They actually shipped out Beowulf HD and Eureka Seven 11(I'll probably have to exchange this with Bandai) from this order today.
I'm like SBJ, I have placed a large order yesterday. I paid partially with gift cards. I got a couple in-stock items and mostly preorder items. One item already shipped earlier this afternoon. No problems for me at all.
Old 02-21-08, 10:52 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Digital Saint
Originally Posted by Sandstar
Yeah, mine shipped, and I received it already.
It's kind of funny that you two got the only 2 available copies (at least according to the website).
Old 02-22-08, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

damn...witchblade at that price at TRSI...might have to jump on that cuz im REALLY liking witchblade at the moment!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.