Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Extra 20% credit on trade-ins @ SecondSpin.com (1/25-1/28 only)!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Extra 20% credit on trade-ins @ SecondSpin.com (1/25-1/28 only)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI, my local Suncoast said this goes through Feb. 2, even though secondspin ends tonight... As for $380 worth of stuff, HOLY BALLS!!! I suppose I should have tried harder to find more stuff. All I got was $25 so far...
Old 01-29-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
FYI, my local Suncoast said this goes through Feb. 2, even though secondspin ends tonight... As for $380 worth of stuff, HOLY BALLS!!! I suppose I should have tried harder to find more stuff. All I got was $25 so far...
The brown bag 20% promotion is supposed to go through February 28(it says so right on the bag). I'll finish off my returns before February 2 to be safe and I'll definitely fork over my Backstage Pass before I empty the bag. BTW, I've got another $400 to $500 to unload(an early Spring cleaning). I'm going to scoop up a Playstation with my windfall, but I'll wait a while to see if the $100 price drop will turn into a reality.
Old 01-29-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, does this continuation apply to FYE, as noted it does for Suncoast?

I have never traded anything in to either of them, but this is very tempting. I already have a PS3, but I would love to get Rock Band for trading in a bunch of DVDs.

How many DVD's did you need to turn in to get $380?

What is the average price gotten or does it vary too much?

Do you get more for a new/sealed DVD, versus an open one? I have a lot of DVDs that I have never opened.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-08, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flix1
So, does this continuation apply to FYE, as noted it does for Suncoast?

I have never traded anything in to either of them, but this is very tempting. I already have a PS3, but I would love to get Rock Band for trading in a bunch of DVDs.

How many DVD's did you need to turn in to get $380?

What is the average price gotten or does it vary too much?

Do you get more for a new/sealed DVD, versus an open one? I have a lot of DVDs that I have never opened.

Thanks.
I traded in over $500 worth using the brown bag promotion last weekend at an FYE.

To get an idea of the trade-in values you'll get at an FYE, just go to wherehouse.com and do searches to sell DVDs by either title or UPC. That is what I did. The prices FYE will give are mostly the same with a few here or there that go for a tiny bit less. Also, with the 20% brown bag promotion, the 25% for taking store credit and the 10% for a backstage pass membership, you can add 55% to the prices Wherehouse gives you and it'll be a pretty close estimation to what you'll get in store.

Also, from my experience you will get nothing extra for trading in a brand new title. They will treat it as though it were used.
Old 01-29-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clintilona

Also, from my experience you will get nothing extra for trading in a brand new title. They will treat it as though it were used.
This is true. I've read in a receiptless return thread in the Store Forum that FYE will give you store credit for a sealed DVD without a receipt. I would take those in during a different visit and get full credit for them. BTW, I traded in about 40 DVDs for the $380(some were box sets-Buffy, Angel). I usually average around $8 per trade-in title. I'm still kicking myself for not using my BS Pass for these returns. Maybe I'll take my return receipt back to the store and see if I can get a sympathetic cashier to give me a retro 10% credit(I'm not holding my breath on that one).
Old 01-29-08, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry NO PS3 price drop, confirmed by the SONY ITSELF. Keep Dreaming!
Old 01-29-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Knives
Sorry NO PS3 price drop, confirmed by the SONY ITSELF. Keep Dreaming!
The same Sony that denied the last price drop 48 hours before it happened and even after the Circuit City ads had been leaked all over the internet? Thanks, I will keep dreaming.
Old 01-30-08, 11:14 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I sent a shipment of DVDs in on Saturday via media mail with a delivery receipt and saw that they were delivered Monday morning. Received an email this morning, but can't view it yet. Checked my account at SecondSpin and it shows that all items have a status of Received. So I assume that means everything was OK. The process was amazingly fast.