DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Hd Dvd B1g1 Free - Bb - Best Buy - Jan 27-feb 02 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/523412-hd-dvd-b1g1-free-bb-best-buy-jan-27-feb-02-a.html)

bigfoot0968 01-24-08 01:15 AM

Hd Dvd B1g1 Free - Bb - Best Buy - Jan 27-feb 02

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2290373...7603783187290/

HD-DVD Discs:

Buy One, Get One Free // Free HD-DVD must be of equal or lesser value // Titles must be purchased on the same receipt:
"BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ON ANY OF THESE HD DVD DISC"

The Big Lebowksi >>>> $24.99

Backdraft >>>> $24.99

Shaun Of The Dead >>>> $24.99

Serenity >>>> $24.99

The Mummy >>>> $24.99

The Bourne Identity >>>> $24.99

The Bourne Supremacy >>>> $24.99

Transformers >>>> $29.99

Hot Rod >>>> $29.99

Knocked Up: Unrated >>>> $29.99

Shrek The Third >>>> $29.99

Shooter >>>> $29.99

Smokin’ Aces >>>> $29.99

Disturbia >>>> $29.99

Dutin 01-24-08 11:42 AM

Time to pick up the first two bournes!

steebo777 01-24-08 11:45 AM

Lebowski and Shaun are mine! I was already planning on buying another HD-DVD player this weekend anyway :thumbsup:

Flynn 01-24-08 02:08 PM

Have all the ones I want from this list, but a very good bargain indeed.

VAMPYRE XX 01-24-08 03:13 PM

anyone have any coupons to add to this?

RichC2 01-24-08 03:31 PM

Woo can finally get the first two Bournes.

DVD Josh 01-24-08 03:48 PM

Smart of BB to make these exclusive titles.

kenbenobi 01-26-08 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Smart of BB to make these exclusive titles.

Which titles are BB exclusives???

kenbenobi 01-26-08 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dutin
Time to pick up the first two bournes!

My thoughts exactly!

Patman 01-26-08 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Which titles are BB exclusives???

Meaning titles that don't have Blu-ray counterparts.

hoyalawya 01-26-08 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patman

Shooter and Disturbia are available on Blu-ray.

WMAangel 01-26-08 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by hoyalawya
Shooter and Disturbia are available on Blu-ray.

Only if you can still find them....they have been out of print for months now since Paramount went HD DVD exclusive back in August...

The_Cube 01-26-08 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Only if you can still find them....they have been out of print for months now since Paramount went HD DVD exclusive back in August...

Disturbia is easy to find. It must not be a big seller since Amazon still has it in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Disturbia-Blu-...1369089&sr=8-5

kenbenobi 01-26-08 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patman

That would make them HD-DVD exclusives. They aren't exclusive to Best Buy (to my knowledge)... So I'm not sure if that is what Josh meant...

bluetoast 01-26-08 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That would make them HD-DVD exclusives. They aren't exclusive to Best Buy (to my knowledge)... So I'm not sure if that is what Josh meant...

Josh was saying it was smart of BB to put HD DVD exclusive titles on sale.

PlumPeach 01-27-08 01:23 PM

Picked up The Mummy and Serenity. Might get something else later in the week. I wish there was a wider selection.

JB7 01-27-08 03:57 PM

Bummer BB.com took away free shipping on HD-DVDs. :(

djgcue 01-27-08 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
Bummer BB.com took away free shipping on HD-DVDs. :(

I agree, this is the first time in awhile, I had to get my lazy butt out of bed on a Sunday morning to get to BB at opening.

tlwizard 01-27-08 11:10 PM

Picked up Transformers, Shaun, Supremacy and Smokin' Aces.

Transformers and Aces did not ring up correctly and they had to do a manual override.

Entity82 01-28-08 12:48 PM

Good day everyone. I haven't seen this coupon posted so I wanted to let those that are getting in on this deal that there is a coupon available to Reward Zone members that will give you $5.00 of any 1 HD DVD or Blu-Ray DVD purcahse that is $29.99 and up. This coupon can be found here:

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edit...A=1007&ci=9554

Please keep in mind that YMMV but it has succesfully worked for me in the Best Buy in NYC on 5th Avenue. I got Transformers & Shooter for $27.09 after taxes.

This coupon expires today, so get to it, lol.

steebo777 01-28-08 02:47 PM

Good score on the coupon, but the discs I want are < $29.99. Thanks for the heads up though!

VAMPYRE XX 01-28-08 08:30 PM

I tried the coupon but it didn't work for me here in Atlanta... Thanks anyways.
I got the 2 Bournes (I got the 3rd one during the B1G1 BB sale just before Christmas)
I also picked up Hotrod and Smokin Aces. Now I have everything on that list except for Shaun of the Dead. I would get it, but I don't have anything to get free with it since I have everything else....lol

Jray 01-28-08 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Picked up Transformers, Shaun, Supremacy and Smokin' Aces.

Transformers and Aces did not ring up correctly and they had to do a manual override.

I went today and tried to pick up the 2 Bournes, Transformers and Shaun of the Dead. Since 3 of them were $24.99 and one was $29.99 it threw everything into a tizzy. The cashier called over someone else and she said that in order to get the one free they had to be the same price. Wouldn't even do a manual override. I'm thinking "WTF do they care if I take a free $25 disc instead of a $30 one??" They should be happy. Now I read the ad again and it clearly states the free one "must be of equal or lesser value".

I wound up just taking the 2 Bournes and left the other 2. But that pisses me off. It should have worked, I would have paid the $30 for Transformers and S.O.D.

BB always makes things difficult. It should be simple. Maybe I'll go back and try again with different morons.

bigfoot0968 01-28-08 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jray
BB always makes things difficult. It should be simple. Maybe I'll go back and try again with different morons.

This could be a thread ( and probably is ) on its own... But their customer service seems to get worse day by day... and they have no appreciation for customer loyalty. I am not saying they shouldn't treat everyone equally... but a person who spends a lot of money obviously has more opportunities for issues that require customer service.

lordzeppelin 01-29-08 10:15 AM

Same thing happened with me when I went in to pick up Transformers and Supremacy. First, the cashier tried to tell me that Transformers wasn't part of the sale, then tried to tell me that the 10% off coupon I had wouldn't work (I was buying other, non-sale stuff too). Then tried to say that the sale was Sunday only, and wasn't valid on Monday...I just glared at him and said "Get a manager, now." The manager tried to give me the $29.99 vs. $24.99 shit too, so I pointed out the cheaper item free line in the ad, and then he huffed and gave me "well, we can't take the coupon". I looked at him and said "It's a best buy coupon. your company sent it to me. Ring it in 2 separate transactions if you have to...I don't give a fuck. I've been standing here for 15 minutes waiting for 3 DVDs to be rung up correctly." He typed in some crap, mumbled about it and walked away.

What, is BB turning into CC and not honoring or having sale items that actually ring up? Furthermore...why do these fucks take it so personally on honoring shit they have laid out in the ad? They always get shitty about price matching too. If you take retail item pricing personally, it's time to look for a new job. Why is it so hard to ring up something as it's supposed to be, and why do I get a hard time about it?

This particular BB, in Monroeville, PA, is absolutely shit in terms of organization and employee attitude. Half of them are the sloppiest motherfuckers in retail...I'm a big guy, but I somehow have the capacity to dress myself like I'm not a total fucking slob. There's this one guy there, who I swear has one BB Blueshirt to his name and that's it, and it's got holes and stains and shit on it, and is barely tucked in over the rolls upon rolls hanging over his 8 sizes too big pants that are sagging...How does management let someone get away with that? And they all have the "go fuck yourself" attitude if you even ask them to look up something that you can't find. I just give it right back to them...fuckin bastards.