Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Extra 20% credit on trade-ins @ Spun.com!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 01-08-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As usual, from my email:

Didn't get what you wanted for the Holidays? No worries! Spun will pay you 20% more to sell it to us! Simply enter promo code 20more upon checkout to receive 20% more credit! Limited time offer ends 01/15/08.
Didn't think they'd be doing another promo like this so soon! I'll be trading in some goodies for sure!

Enjoy!
Old 01-08-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just make sure you compare with other places (dvd planet for example) as well as secondspin/wherehouse

also remember
# Sell 3 items or more, then buy something, and we'll provide you with a Pre-Paid Mailing Label, so that you don't have to pay for shipping your stuff to us. If you buy USED, we'll even send you a box and packing materials! (Available to U.S. customers only)
# Sell $30 or more, and we'll give you FREE U.S. 1St Class Shipping on everything you buy.
i just tried 3 titles i was considering, and spun is 7.10 without the extra 20%
secondspin and wherehouse will give me 11.00 (same company)
Old 01-09-08, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
spun.com has no used titles that I want to buy

I'd like to clear out my DVD collection of titles that just take up space and I'll never watch. Is a place like this the best solution when considering prices, shipping charges, or ease of selling?
Old 01-09-08, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
just make sure you compare with other places (dvd planet for example) as well as secondspin/wherehouse

also remember

i just tried 3 titles i was considering, and spun is 7.10 without the extra 20%
secondspin and wherehouse will give me 11.00 (same company)
Wow, that's so true. I just punched in a title that I've been considering trading in...spun.com is offering $5.30 (MSRP $50!?!), while secondspin.com offers $12.50.
Old 01-09-08, 04:21 PM

I have done this before. Spun received my games that were in perfect condition, but they decided that they were not in good condition and took away my credit and kept the games. It is in their policy to keep anything that is ruled bad quality. How much do you want to bet they sold the games I sent in? They then charged my credit card for the balance of the DVD I bought. Beware... Just seems shady having a policy like this.
Old 01-09-08, 04:33 PM

I read their policy, TruBuffyFan, and didn't see anything like that. What I did see was:

'Any trade-ins that are refused for any reason can be returned to you upon request and at your expense for 30 days.'

I agree that the policy kind of stinks, but they're not ripping anyone off.
Old 01-09-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by TruBuffyFan
I have done this before. Spun received my games that were in perfect condition, but they decided that they were not in good condition and took away my credit and kept the games. It is in their policy to keep anything that is ruled bad quality. How much do you want to bet they sold the games I sent in? They then charged my credit card for the balance of the DVD I bought. Beware... Just seems shady having a policy like this.

That does kind of scare me even though I keep my DVDs in pristine condition. Seems too easy for them to change their mind whether they want to give you money.

I have a lot of DVDs to sell, so I'm trying to figure out my best bet
Old 01-09-08, 04:38 PM

This was some time ago when this occurred so it may have changed. But now you have to pay for it... Thats a pain. I do remember not being aware that I owed them money and my games were not accepted for a long while. It was definitely more than 30 days after the sell occurred.
Old 01-10-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for this! Their DVD buy back prices are too low but for CD's w/20% they have the highest on the net. Thanks!
Old 01-10-08, 06:40 PM

wherehouse sent me my dvd they didnt accept last time they had a 20% more deal - didnt charge me.
Old 01-10-08, 09:04 PM

I've had a few items canceled on me in the past. On one order, they did that with 4 of my cds for no good reason as far I as could tell. It was only a few dollars lost, but on top of that, the act of canceling those cds ended up disqualifying me from the free shipping.

I complained to them and they ended up crediting my spun account for the amount of the cds and the shipping. Not as good as refunding my credit card, but I was able to use the credit later on.
Old 01-11-08, 05:31 AM

You guys are better off trading them instore at a Transworld owned store. Theyre doing a bonus 45%, and it goes off of Wherehouse/Secondspin's prices, so you'll be getting a lot more.