Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Does anybody know all the titles that Best Buy carries and has movie cash. I went there yesterday and ask about it but salesperson had no clue about it.
Old 04-20-09, 07:34 AM

If the movie offers include Hollywood Movie Money, there's a good chance Best Buy has physical certificates for that particular offer packaged elsewhere. Sometimes the movie cash is a sticker stuck on the wrapping, and there's a code underneath that sticker when you peel it off that you can redeem for a certificate you can print out online.

The current Best Buy movie cash offer I know is that 2 BDs for $35 offer (which include Fox Blu-rays like Ice Age, X-Men: The Last Stand -- both versions, both FF movies, Daredevil, etc.). When you order two BDs from their list, each BD comes with an e-code to redeem the certificate online and print it out.
Old 04-20-09, 09:07 PM

Can anyone tell me what theaters are participating in the Wolverine movie cash included with the new X-men blu-rays?

The last time I got free tickets to Traitor/Righteous Kill I couldn't use them because National Amusements theaters were not participating.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-09, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://emoviecash.com/locator/
Old 04-20-09, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by mcjw_serenity
If the movie offers include Hollywood Movie Money, there's a good chance Best Buy has physical certificates for that particular offer packaged elsewhere. Sometimes the movie cash is a sticker stuck on the wrapping, and there's a code underneath that sticker when you peel it off that you can redeem for a certificate you can print out online.

The current Best Buy movie cash offer I know is that 2 BDs for $35 offer (which include Fox Blu-rays like Ice Age, X-Men: The Last Stand -- both versions, both FF movies, Daredevil, etc.). When you order two BDs from their list, each BD comes with an e-code to redeem the certificate online and print it out.
Thanks a lot for the info. I went there today and I saw lots of $9.99 movies with $8 movies cash in them for F&F . I also saw blu-ray movies with movie cash on them. I am going to pick couple of them tomorrow.
Old 04-23-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found the X-Men Trilogy SD Box at Walmart yesterday for $10. Attached is an e-ticket code with a value of $5. Again, they are all the single-disc editions, but well worth the $5 if anybody doesn't already have them.
Old 04-23-09, 04:05 PM
Banned

^And you dont even have to buy the set to get the code! The code is on the outside of the box so yet again if someone was to take a code or two off I say go for it.
Matinees here are only $5.00 so I may end up seeing Wolverine after all if its free.
Old 05-03-09, 04:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

K-Mart - buy four bags of Hersheys candy (most on sale 2 for $5) and get a free up-to-$7 movie ticket coupon for the Night at the Museum sequel. Must be purchased between today and 5/9/09 on one transaction.

Last edited by Trevor; 05-03-09 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-05-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New endcap at Best Buy for Star Trek, Transformers, and G.I. Joe

Titles listed below are all $14.99, and include sticker on outside of shrinkwrap with an e-ticket code worth $7.50 off ticket price of above summer movies. Tickets are issued through Hollywood Movie Money.

There Will be Blood 2-Disc
The Godfather Coppolla Restoration
The Godfather Part II Coppola Restoration
Sweeney Todd 2-Disc
Tropic Thunder (Theatrical)
Ghost Town
Next
Shooter
Cloverfield
Braveheart 2-Disc
Drillbit Taylor Extended
Beowulf Director's Cut
Into the Wild 2-Disc

Also, it's worth mentioning that the sticker says that the ticket is valid through September. Once I registered my codes, however, the tickets that I printed out stated that they will expire on 5/15/09. Not sure if all the codes are active for only 10 days after registration, but my 2 definitely were.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 05-15-09 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-05-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Also, it's worth mentioning that the sticker says that the ticket is valid through September. Once I registered my codes, however, the tickets that I printed out stated that they will expire on 5/15/09. Not sure if all the codes are active for only 10 days after registration, but my 2 definitely were.
Just to clarify, are you saying the actual tickets were only good for 10 days? If I recall from previous Hollywood Movie Money experience, the link to print the tickets was good for a short time, but the tickets themselves would have an expiration date at some point in the future.
Old 05-06-09, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Just to clarify, are you saying the actual tickets were only good for 10 days? If I recall from previous Hollywood Movie Money experience, the link to print the tickets was good for a short time, but the tickets themselves would have an expiration date at some point in the future.
The tickets themselves say that they expire in 10 days. The window for printing the tickets is the usual 72 hours or so, but now the physical tickets issued are good for 10 days only.

At least, that's how it worked out for me. If anybody else has any different experiences, please post.
Old 05-06-09, 01:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Titles listed below are all $14.99...
I was hoping someone would have these for $10 or less, my theater charges $4.50 for a matinee, so it's not really worth it for me.
Old 05-06-09, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Trek Tickets w/ DVD & BLU on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm..._rd_i=12917411
Old 05-08-09, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by josepotato
I was hoping someone would have these for $10 or less, my theater charges $4.50 for a matinee, so it's not really worth it for me.

That's nice: We're $5.00 before noon on Fri, Sat, Sun, $7.00 before 4:00 any day of the week and $9.25 after 4:00 any day of the week. Prices keep going up.

Sam's has the assortment of movies for $9.88 with $7.50 ecash for Night at the Museum, and the other 2 movies its good for (slips my mind as I type this... I'm sure its on an above post I can't see right now). At least the South County Sams in St. Louis did.
Old 05-09-09, 02:05 AM

I saw a thread on this on SD and I just wanted to let anyone know about it in case you like cereal and free movie tickets. It wasn't advertised in any of the weekly ads, but my local Super Kmart had a promotion where if you buy 10 Kelloggs products you get two free movie cash coupons (each worth $12). Apparently this deal is also going on at various other grocery retailers (they were doing it a Meijer last week). Though the promotion is for Star Trek, the movie cash states it can be used for ANY movie. To make the deal even better I came armed with a bunch of the $1 coupons from www.coupon.com and www.kelloggs.com and my store had signs indicating that they would be having double coupons up to $2 through today (Saturday). In the end I had 20 boxes of cereal and 4 free movie tickets all for about $22!
Old 05-09-09, 02:42 AM

Now to find some milk coupons.....
Old 05-15-09, 03:59 PM

Titles listed below are all $14.99, and include sticker on outside of shrinkwrap with an e-ticket code worth $7.50 off ticket price of above summer movies. Tickets are issued through Hollywood Movie Money.

There Will be Blood 2-Disc
The Godfather Coppolla Restoration
The Godfather Part II Coppola Restoration
Sweeney Todd 2-Disc
Tropic Thunder (Theatrical)
Ghost Town
Next
Shooter
Cloverfield
Braveheart 2-Disc
Drillbit Taylor Extended
Beowulf Director's Cut

Hope this helps!
Do you know the website to go to to enter the code?
Old 05-15-09, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by foreverallheart
Do you know the website to go to to enter the code?
www.paramountsummer09movieoffer.com
Old 05-15-09, 06:38 PM

I just ran into an odd situation: I bought X-Men 1 and 2 on blu-ray this week from Best Buy. Both came with movie cash stickers on the front. When I went to redeem the codes, however, they both showed up as already used. I called up Fox's customer service line, and "Candeece" confirmed that both were used, and by the same person! They were brand new, sealed movies, so I'm not sure how they got the codes. But, even weirder, how did both of the movies I bought get their codes stolen by the same person?
Old 05-15-09, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by blokhed
I just ran into an odd situation: I bought X-Men 1 and 2 on blu-ray this week from Best Buy. Both came with movie cash stickers on the front. When I went to redeem the codes, however, they both showed up as already used. I called up Fox's customer service line, and "Candeece" confirmed that both were used, and by the same person! They were brand new, sealed movies, so I'm not sure how they got the codes. But, even weirder, how did both of the movies I bought get their codes stolen by the same person?
Seems pretty easy to explain. The codes were printed on the reverse side of the sticker, correct? This sly fella peeled the stickers off, copied down the codes and then replaced the stickers on the box. Probably did it to a number, if not all the sets in the display.
Old 05-16-09, 07:28 AM

^ Yep. I hope Candeece reported it up the chain and someone cares to confront the redeemer.
Old 05-17-09, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

.....as far as Star Trek tickets... checked with Kroger and they knew nothing about it... tried it at Meijer and not coupon printed... really no coupons.. which was weird.. since usually it is a coupon for a discounted car wash or something..... I asked and said it doesn't always print coupons... so, alas... I have a bunch of cereal (which we will eat) and will not be seeing Star Trek for a 2nd time for free (might have to pay for a ticket...)..... Pop Tarts do still have the send 5 get a ticket free offer......
Old 05-17-09, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Seems pretty easy to explain. The codes were printed on the reverse side of the sticker, correct? This sly fella peeled the stickers off, copied down the codes and then replaced the stickers on the box. Probably did it to a number, if not all the sets in the display.
Probably an employee...I was hesitant when I bought the last set at wal-mart last week because it was obvious the sticker had been peeled and replaced. But the code worked, so I guess the culprit chickened out, or had an epiphany....
Old 05-18-09, 12:16 PM

As far as the Star Trek grocery store promotion, various stores have had the deals start and end at different times. I know the K-Mart deal ended yesterday. Unfortunately some of these deals haven't been in the printed ads - only at the catalina coupon machines - so the workers tend not to know anything about the promotions. Oh well.
Old 05-18-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anyone seen any movie cash for the new Terminator? I'm thinking about seeing the midnight show tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here first.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.