The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That particular offer from Best Buy is a Hollywood Movie Money certificate and they are good for even "no coupon, no pass" showings (it'll usually say that on the certificate). All HMM tickets to my knowledge allow you to use the certificates to go see the selected movie on opening day if you wish.

Just make sure to check the fine print to see if there are any exceptions but you should be able to use the ticket(s) on opening day.
Old 06-11-08, 01:25 PM

Awesome. Thanks!
Old 06-11-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Purchasing Season 1 or 2 of The Incredible Hulk also gives you a ticket. I got S2 for $17.88 at Sam's Club.
Old 06-11-08, 11:25 PM

The following changes have been made to the table (post #1):

Added Hulk TV series 1 & 2 to qualifing purchases for Hulk tickets (reported by bigjim25)
Removed Redbook free ticket offer (Redbook website says tickets are no longer available)
Old 06-12-08, 09:37 PM

I was at Kroger the other day and I saw a whole slew of different seasons for Sex and the City in a stand, and those each had a free ticket for Sex and the City: The Movie (the ticket is visible on the back due to the translucent packaging and there's a sticker on the front of each case indicating it). So they're not just available in select retailers.
Old 06-12-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The site is now live - I just created a PDF for seeing HULK tomorrow. Interesting to see how my local theatre handles a black and white printed ticket.
Old 06-13-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just printed mine as well.
Old 06-13-08, 11:09 AM

Like what DiscGuy said, the online printed tickets have a 12 digit code that the theaters enter in as a one-time use credit card number that credits the theater's account -- not a check that the theaters fill out and deposit like the standard HMM ticket.
Old 06-13-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Does anyone know if the ticket to Hancock in the MIB Blu-Ray is standard or just a Circuit City Exclusive?
Old 06-14-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mcjw_serenity
Like what DiscGuy said, the online printed tickets have a 12 digit code that the theaters enter in as a one-time use credit card number that credits the theater's account -- not a check that the theaters fill out and deposit like the standard HMM ticket.
Yup thats how it works!
Old 06-15-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
Speaking of which: I printed out one of the You Don't Mess with the Zohan" tickets. These tickets expire 7/31/08. The table has been updated accordingly.
I printed out two of these but the 3 digit security code and the other 16 digit code right above where your name is didn't print on either ticket, any idea why not, i wrote the numbers on the back of my printout just to have them, but they don't look right with those two boxes empty.
Old 06-16-08, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by johnbook
I printed out two of these but the 3 digit security code and the other 16 digit code right above where your name is didn't print on either ticket, any idea why not, i wrote the numbers on the back of my printout just to have them, but they don't look right with those two boxes empty.
Without the 16 digit "credit card" code or the three digit security code, you will probably not be able to use these tickets at your local theater. In the last line in the box directly above your ticket is an 800 telephone number. You need to call that number with the web codes you used to generate the tickets. Explain what has happened. They will either send you new web codes, or send you PDF files with corrected tickets via e-mail.
Old 06-16-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Without the 16 digit "credit card" code or the three digit security code, you will probably not be able to use these tickets at your local theater. In the last line in the box directly above your ticket is an 800 telephone number. You need to call that number with the web codes you used to generate the tickets. Explain what has happened. They will either send you new web codes, or send you PDF files with corrected tickets via e-mail.
Called the 800 number and they are going to mail me two tickets, coming from NY to my residence in MI, hopefully i will get them by saturday was planning on going then.
Old 06-16-08, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Willh51
Does anyone know if the ticket to Hancock in the MIB Blu-Ray is standard or just a Circuit City Exclusive?

Anyone?
Old 06-17-08, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jonboy71
Anyone?
While I don't know definitively, I think it will apply to all versions of MIB on Blu Ray. Reason I saw this was I was at Blockbuster on Saturday and saw this on the shelves for purchase early. It was $24.99 and I knew it would be $19.99 come Tuesday, but there was a big Hancock sticker on the front slipcover (which looked pretty nice, I might add) for the ecode ticket. So definitely Blockbuster and Circuit City will have it.
Old 06-17-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jonboy71
Anyone?

I saw the free ticket with MIB at Target. I was hoping to order it through Deep Discount. Does anyone know if it will come with the Deep Discount version?
Old 06-17-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've only printed off one ticket from an on-line code. The ticket I printed had a 16-digit code number that had to be entered into the credit card system of the theater. My on-line ticket was essentially a one-time use credit card number that credited the funds to the theater's bank account like a normal Visa card. I suspect that if you tried to use the same ticket a second time, the credit card system would refuse the charge.

That's one way of ensuring a single use. The downside is that the ticket seller has to manually type in the 16 digits into the credit card system. Kind of slows down the line.

Do we hand write (our name/16 digit code/and the bottom box) cuz i downloaded the adobe reader but it is still not printing those 3 boxes out for me, they are being left blank, if we don't hand write them does anyone know a customer service number where i can reach someone on this.
Old 06-17-08, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Willh51

I was at Best Buy and the ones they had DID NOT have the E movie ticket sticker on the cover. I picked it up at Circuit City. Also note, the sticker has the code on the back and is attached to the slip case. It does not peal off very easily and leaves a bunch of residue.
Old 06-17-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The sticker on the MIB slipcase left most of the message on the opposite side unreadable and stuck to the slipcase; luckily the actual code is printed with stronger ink and is intact.
Old 06-18-08, 05:29 AM

The following additions have been made to the table (post #1):

New: Kit Kittredge: An American Girl (from speedy1961's Target 6/22-6/28 thread)
Change: Hancock on MIB Blu-ray (updated to "all retailers" per various posts)
Change: The Happening (updated expiration date = 7/31/08 per ga5vin)

Can anyone supply any of the missing expiration dates? Hancock tickets for example?
Old 06-18-08, 05:43 AM

Do we hand write (our name/16 digit code/and the bottom box) cuz i downloaded the adobe reader but it is still not printing those 3 boxes out for me, they are being left blank, if we don't hand write them does anyone know a customer service number where i can reach someone on this.
and less than 24 hours earlier....

Called the 800 number and they are going to mail me two tickets, coming from NY to my residence in MI, hopefully i will get them by saturday was planning on going then.
You've already contacted customer support on this. My understanding is that they are sending you two tickets via snail-mail. In any event, we do NOT hand write any of the information on the tickets printed out from the various web-codes. The name you entered and a one-time use, unique charge card number is pre-printed on the ticket.

The problem you are having is either a configuration problem with your printer driver, a defective copy of the Adobe software, or a corrupted file from the ticket supplier. A quick and easy test would be to see if you are able to print any .PDF file. If you need further assistance configuring your system, I would seek an Adobe help forum or a help forum from your printer's manufacturer.

Best of luck.
Old 06-18-08, 10:42 AM

Can anyone supply any of the missing expiration dates? Hancock tickets for example?
Um, the Hershey Mega Movie Ticket Offer expires 3/1/2009, but the actual tickets themselves expire on 3/31/2009.
Old 06-18-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and less than 24 hours earlier....

You've already contacted customer support on this. My understanding is that they are sending you two tickets via snail-mail. In any event, we do NOT hand write any of the information on the tickets printed out from the various web-codes. The name you entered and a one-time use, unique charge card number is pre-printed on the ticket.

The problem you are having is either a configuration problem with your printer driver, a defective copy of the Adobe software, or a corrupted file from the ticket supplier. A quick and easy test would be to see if you are able to print any .PDF file. If you need further assistance configuring your system, I would seek an Adobe help forum or a help forum from your printer's manufacturer.

Best of luck.

Yes you are correct on them sending me two tickets, but that was for "Don't mess with the Zohan", my second problem was with the Hulk/Wanted/Hellboy 2/Mummy tickets, but anyway i changed the setting on my printer to quick print and they printed out complete, went to see the Hulk last night with one of them and i loved it, plan on using the other two for Hellboy 2 and The Mummy.
Old 06-18-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I never print the PDF ticket files directly. I always save them to hard drive first and then print them later. Saving them to hard-drive also helps if you lose the original printouts.
Old 06-18-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good God, that ticket stuck to the front of Men In Black is an absolute abomination. Not only was the code almost totally unreadable, I had to make out what I could then read the reversed mirror image which actually remained on the front of the slipcover, but it also left such residue on the front of the slipcover that I doubt I'll be able to clean it off and I'll just have to toss it in the trash.

Ugh.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.