DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   B1G1 Offer on select Sony TV titles at DD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/521604-b1g1-offer-select-sony-tv-titles-dd.html)

punit 01-04-08 01:36 AM

B1G1 Offer on select Sony TV titles at DD

http://deepdiscount.com/DVD---Sony-T...ode=BOGOSONYTV

Offer ends 1/30

ron lee green 01-04-08 02:16 AM

Thanks, punit. Picked up both Maude and Mary Hartman for under 20 bucks.

RobCA 01-04-08 02:48 AM

Thanks, punit!

I picked up the first five seasons of All in the Family and NewsRadio: Seasons 1 and 2 for $68.08 shipped. :up: In three separate orders, of course.

Rob

laskuh 01-04-08 03:29 AM

anyone want to go in with me on cirque? theres nothing of equal value and its only worth getting if i pick up 2 sets :)

SeymourGams 01-04-08 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by ron lee green
Thanks, punit. Picked up both Maude and Mary Hartman for under 20 bucks.

I got the exact same thing... but on Amazon from their sale. >_<

digitalG 01-04-08 05:09 AM

This is the same as the amazon sale, it's a trap?

SeymourGams 01-04-08 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by digitalG

Just step around the bottomless pit covered with netting and leafs, it isn't that difficult.

Makaveli915 01-04-08 07:43 AM

DD's got cheaper price than amazon... I ordered a few dvds at amazon b4 DD's sale and canceled it and re-ordered at DD....

Nugent 01-04-08 09:31 AM

Anybody able to order Cirque du Soleil - The Anniversary Collection ? It indicates in the top section that I am getting the BOGO discount but in the final submit section below it is showing the full $200?

Worked fine on seasons 4 and 5 of Bewitched.

riderjeff 01-04-08 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nugent
Anybody able to order Cirque du Soleil - The Anniversary Collection ? It indicates in the top section that I am getting the BOGO discount but in the final submit section below it is showing the full $200?

Worked fine on seasons 4 and 5 of Bewitched.

worked fine for me. Not sure why it wouldn't be, but doesn't the bottom part always says the total amount? But the top part shows what you are actually being charged, the $100?

Nugent 01-04-08 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by riderjeff
worked fine for me. Not sure why it wouldn't be, but doesn't the bottom part always says the total amount? But the top part shows what you are actually being charged, the $100?

Tried again, You're right. I thought on my previous order it had the discounted total reflected in both spots. Thanks!

RobCA 01-04-08 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by digitalG

The six DVDs I ordered cost $8 less than they would have at Amazon... Not to mention the fact that if I'd broken them up into three separate orders like I did with DD, at least one of them wouldn't have qualified for free shipping.

As traps go, this one's not too bad! :D

Rob

Cardsfan111 01-04-08 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by RobCA
Not to mention the fact that if I'd broken them up into three separate orders like I did with DD, at least one of them wouldn't have qualified for free shipping.

One minor 'correction' - on Amazon's sale, the free shipping is applied before the free set discount is applied meaning you can still get free shipping even though the order is under $25. I ordered 2 $18.99 sets for exactly $18.99 (free s/h).

That being said, you're right about the prices being slightly better. Although with the way Amazon's prices fluctuate, I'd hope we might see them drop down a bit in the near future!

RobCA 01-04-08 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
One minor 'correction' - on Amazon's sale, the free shipping is applied before the free set discount is applied meaning you can still get free shipping even though the order is under $25.

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip! I'm still glad I waited though. :D

Rob

DVDMagic 01-04-08 05:37 PM

I could have sworn that King Of Queens S1-8 were $22.XX this morning, the same as S9, now they're up to $30

BobO'Link 01-04-08 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
I could have sworn that King Of Queens S1-8 were $22.XX this morning, the same as S9, now they're up to $30

You are correct. They were $22.76 each for S1-7 (S8 was $30 which I thought was odd). I had just looked at these a bit less than 2 hours ago and had left the page open in a tab! When I reloaded the page, quite a few of the selections went up by $7-8! A *few* went down but only by .50-$2 or so. I think these new prices are identical to what Amazon.com prices were.

riderjeff 01-04-08 10:07 PM

that's odd that the prices went up so much, about $8 a season for king of queens and married with children, glad I ordered both of those earlier today at the cheaper prices:)

Kevin M. Dean 01-05-08 12:25 PM

Some increased by over $10 too. I also ordered in the morning and by doing so saved about $50 compared to the current pricing.

RobCA 01-05-08 12:41 PM

Just an FYI, that page is now saying the sale ends on 1/25, instead of 1/30.

Rob

That'sAllFolks 01-05-08 01:24 PM

The Jeffersons season 2-4 were 17.26, All in the Family were around 19.xx.

I underestand the need to raise prices, but I wish they would do it BEFORE the sale started. I saw these and was going to order last night. By the time I got home from work, the PRICES INCREASED.

The only things that decreased were What's Happening. I will probably pass on this sale, but may get WH --- little discouraged about the price increases.

RobCA 01-05-08 01:59 PM

Only Seasons 1, 2 and 6 of All in the Family were $19.87. Seasons 3 and 4 were $23.34 and Season 5 was $23.86. So they raised the price on three and lowered the price on three. I totally agree that once the sale starts, they shouldn't raise the prices. They raised the price of the NewsRadio set I ordered by over five bucks. -eek-

Rob

hasslein 01-24-08 02:10 AM

They ended the sale early. Last night they came up half price in the cart, but it said the coupon code expired. The new promotion is half off the sony tiltles, but it is a significant price increase. I'm finished with them.

That'sAllFolks 01-24-08 12:45 PM

DVD Planet still has the sale (though I don't know if it was advertised), but you can also combine it with their monthly coupon codes.

New Coupons
JAN2008 $5 Off $60
NEWYEAR2008 $8 Off $80
PREJAN2008 $12 Off $150
Expires 01/31/08

They were about .20 higher when I bought them, but with the coupon codes, ended up being a savings of about .80 per set.

mgdeals 01-25-08 12:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up, That'sAllFolks! A lot of their prices are very similar to DD's original sale prices, but they charge tax to my state. Still trying to decide if what's happening is worth $12 a season to me... decisions, decsions....

Zbu 01-25-08 01:38 PM

So this June and November, go with DVD Planet?