DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Save $5 on Disney Blu-Ray, coupon inside! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/521083-save-%245-disney-blu-ray-coupon-inside.html)

TheJoker 12-27-07 09:51 PM

Save $5 on Disney Blu-Ray, coupon inside!

Hey, with the deals BestBuy is having this week on a couple of Blu-Rays, now looks like the time to get Rat and Pirates 3.

http://dvd.disneyemailcenter.com/fun...uid=962c3e3bf6

This week, those 2 titles, as well as High School Musical 2 and Santa Clause 3 are $19.99 at BB making it $15 after coupon.

Michael Corvin 12-27-07 09:57 PM

better print that coupon, it only allows you to print it once. My printer fucked up so if anyone has another link they aren't going to use, could send me privately it would be much appreciated.

I'm dying to get Cars, but not at full price.

GoldenJCJ 12-27-07 10:42 PM

Strange, I printed out 2 coupons and it worked just fine. The coupon says Do Not Double but upon closer inspection the dot-scan barcode printed off a different number for each coupon.

whotony 12-28-07 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
better print that coupon, it only allows you to print it once. My printer fucked up so if anyone has another link they aren't going to use, could send me privately it would be much appreciated.

I'm dying to get Cars, but not at full price.

me too, tried to print it but the printer futzed it up, can't print no more.

sandman007 12-28-07 06:02 AM

^^^You can probably just clear your brower cookies and redownload it.

Michael Corvin 12-28-07 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by sandman007

No dice Chicago.

*edit - finally worked on my work PC in IE. Didn't seem to want to work in Safari or Firefox.

lizard 12-28-07 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by sandman007

That worked for me and I was able to print the coupon twice — got two different code numbers. In IE, of course.

hellmutt 12-28-07 06:20 PM

I wonder if you can use this coupon and the $10 off pirates blu-ray at best buy on sunday and pick it up for $5...

Michael Corvin 12-28-07 06:44 PM

What's this $10 coupon on Pirates?

hobbes4444 12-28-07 07:00 PM

so does this coupon printer install adware or spyware? mcafee says it does, but that means squat afaiac. . .

hellmutt 12-28-07 07:46 PM

What's this $10 coupon on Pirates?

The 'standard' version of Pirates 3 has a $10 off blu-ray version coupon inside it. My brother got the standard Pirates 3 for christmas, so I raped his DVD before he left... Since both are manufacturer's coupons, it 'just might' fly.

Michael Corvin 12-28-07 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by hellmutt
The 'standard' version of Pirates 3 has a $10 off blu-ray version coupon inside it. My brother got the standard Pirates 3 for christmas, so I raped his DVD before he left... Since both are manufacturer's coupons, it 'just might' fly.

Well thats a pretty fucking stupid place to put that coupon. If you buy Pirates: AWE on DVD why would you turn around and buy it again on BD? Brilliant fucking marketing right there.

DarthPrime 12-28-07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by hellmutt
I wonder if you can use this coupon and the $10 off pirates blu-ray at best buy on sunday and pick it up for $5...

I'm wondering the same thing. Knowing my Best Buy it probably want work, plus the $10 coupon says not to use it with any other offer.

Would be nice to pick this up for $5, but $10 isn't bad either.

hellmutt 12-28-07 11:44 PM

Well thats a pretty fucking stupid place to put that coupon. If you buy Pirates: AWE on DVD why would you turn around and buy it again on BD? Brilliant fucking marketing right there.

My father-in-law gave me the Ratatouille blu-ray and my sister-in-law the Ratatouille DVD. As I dug out her disney rewards code, I found a $10 mail-in-rebate for 'upgrading' to the blu-ray. A few scissor snips later, $10 back in my father-in-law's pocket.

I agree it's kinda funky marketing. So far it's working out for me though ;)

Michael Corvin 12-29-07 06:08 AM

So who has Cars the cheapest?

Gizmo 12-29-07 12:02 PM

So who has Cars the cheapest?

Best Buy, $19.99 tomorrow.

Faust 12-29-07 12:17 PM

thank you much!!

TexasDVDer 12-29-07 02:39 PM

Best price on Cars Blu-ray

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Best Buy, $19.99 tomorrow.

Really? I did not see it listed in Speedy's Best Buy listing.

Gizmo 12-29-07 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
Really? I did not see it listed in Speedy's Best Buy listing.

Oops, my bad. I thought I saw all the Pixar movies there, its just Ratatoulie.

TheJoker 12-29-07 04:06 PM

Circuit City has Cars for $24.99, not as good as $19.99 but still a fine price after coupon.

bluetoast 12-29-07 08:31 PM

It's an incentive to upgrade to Blu-Ray, they had the same thing for Ratatouille.

RockyMtnBri 12-30-07 01:03 PM

Has anyone tried this online, like at Amazon?

RockyMtnBri 12-30-07 01:05 PM

Right now, Amazon has the Disney Blu-Rays for $19.99. That includes the Pixar stuff.

DonkeyKong 12-30-07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
Has anyone tried this online, like at Amazon?

I'm fairly certain that this is only good in B&M stores. I've never seen or heard of an online store taking a coupon like this one.

filmfreak 12-30-07 03:52 PM

Does this work on Buena Vista titles?