Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addams Family Complete Series $34.99 @ Amazon

Title says it all 50% off

http://www.amazon.com/Addams-Family-...8794869&sr=1-1
Old 12-27-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
All my money went to Emma Peel.

Doo-doo-duh-doo. click-click. Doo-doo-duh-doo. click-click.
Old 12-27-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, that's like 75.00 off and a resell value in it's own. damm good price.
Old 12-27-07, 06:18 PM

Excellent price! Im in for 1, thanks OP
Old 12-27-07, 09:34 PM

Already ordered it. Was going to get it on the last DD sale, but spent wayyyy too much as it was and glad I waited.
Old 12-27-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ooh, tempted.....OK, purchased!

I do hope this holds up well. From reading the reviews on Amazon.com, the majority seem to think so, given that it aired before my time anyway.

Looking forward to having this set. Thanks!
Old 12-27-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottp120
Already ordered it. Was going to get it on the last DD sale, but spent wayyyy too much as it was and glad I waited.
How much was DD selling it for?
Old 12-27-07, 11:35 PM

I think it was around $40 at the time with the 20% off. Right now they're selling it for $48.97.
Old 12-28-07, 12:11 AM

if you like dark comedy, this series holds up really!! well, as long as you can get past the fact that all of the episodes were filmed in black and white. in my opinion, one of the all-time funniest comedy series, a real classic! a truly disfunctional, yet loving family.
Old 12-28-07, 12:15 AM
Banned

I actually think the b&w helps the mood of the series. It also keeps it in harmony with the original Chas Addams cartoons (that appeared in The New Yorker, I believe).

Also, just for reference, the complete set was part of the B1G1 free sale at DD, which made it $24 if you bought two or matched it with another $48 item.

Still, $34 is a great price for the set by itself.
Old 12-28-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In for 1.
Old 12-28-07, 06:28 AM

I'm down for one..
Old 12-28-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Addams family was part of one of DD's recent BOGO sales. I forget how much a season cost at the time with price fluctuations prior to sales there. Its only 2 seasons, right? I think you could have had the series for under $30 at the time.

Apparently Im not saying anything Creekdipper didnt already say.
Old 12-28-07, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Addams family was part of one of DD's recent BOGO sales. I forget how much a season cost at the time with price fluctuations prior to sales there. Its only 2 seasons, right? I think you could have had the series for under $30 at the time.
Two seasons but three volumes. The box is nothing more than a repacking of exactly the same discs and slim cases you get in the individual volumes.
Old 12-28-07, 09:53 AM

a good companion piece to this that you might be able to find around somewhere, but I think it might be now out of print, I picked one up recently at target for about 10 bucks, is a single disc that has both of the addams family theatrical movies in widescreen. both of them were done in the 90s, directed by barry sonenfeld, extremely well done, and featured raul julia as an excellent gomez addams. before seeing these, I had thought that only john astin could play gomez, but raul julia was so good that after he died, they retired the franchise. the films also featured angelica houston as morticia, and christopher lloyd as uncle fester and a young christina ricci as a very good wednesday addams.
Old 12-28-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jgorow
raul julia was so good that after he died, they retired the franchise.
Only if you pretend Addams Family Reunion never happened, which probably isn't such a bad idea.

Daryl Hannah as Morticia?

I totally agree with you about the other two movies though, I love them both. I don't think the double feature disc is out of print. I picked it up recently, and sold off the single-disc releases I had, partly to save shelf space, and partly for the convenience of having both movies on one disc, after I read reviews that said the picture quality wasn't negatively affected.

As for the TV show, I was very tempted to get this set at first, since it's such a great price, and I remember liking it as a kid, but the few times I've watched the show on TV since then, it just doesn't hold up for me. YMMV

Rob
Old 12-28-07, 12:07 PM

you are right, addams family reunion was a movie that shouldnt have happened, it wasnt done by the same people that did the theatrical addams family movies, and you are right, daryll hannah as morticia, come on!!. and what about tim curry as gomez
Old 12-28-07, 09:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the tip on this BKenn01 - just ordered mine. I'd been waiting for a good sale on this baby. I have a few of the old VHS tapes, but I can't wait for the discs. I can never see Cousin Itt without literally LOL!
I'm glad I didn't buy the individual sets before I knew there would be a full series box. I was lucky with this one, but that whole trend is disturbing. You buy all the boxes then they release a full series set (I got snagged with SG-1, The Avengers, & a few others). I'm holding off buying any I Dream Of Jeannie boxes just for this reason...anyone hear any rumours as to whether there'll be a Jeannie full series box?