DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Coupon for $6.00 off Heroes Season 1 can be used at Target or Best Buy this week (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/520720-coupon-%246-00-off-heroes-season-1-can-used-target-best-buy-week.html)

CaseyB 12-23-07 01:19 AM

Coupon for $6.00 off Heroes Season 1 can be used at Target or Best Buy this week

I just got the coupon scanned tonight. The coupon is good for any store, but they're especially good this week with the set being on sale at Best Buy ($24.99) and Target ($19.00). Unfortunately, I don't know how to have it hosted on a site to share with everyone. If I could e-mail this to someone and they can post it for everyone I'd appreciate it. Merry Christmas everyone!

Casey

CaseyB 12-23-07 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by RobCA
I'll be glad to post it (and use it) ;)

Rob

Thank you, Rob! You have mail.

RobCA 12-23-07 02:02 AM

Thanks, Casey!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...der/Heroes.jpg

mrlumpy 12-23-07 02:04 AM

Where did you find it? No one is going to take that crumpled up scan...

CaseyB 12-23-07 02:10 AM

It was in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago, along with some others. It's a small coupon...but I hope some people can get a better deal with it.

sandman007 12-23-07 05:00 AM

Thanks for the scan, but it's way too small to print and use.

SeymourGams 12-23-07 06:25 AM

Is there a code or anything on there you can just write down and tell a clerk that will be able to be put in the system?

JohnSlider 12-23-07 06:37 AM

Thanks CaseyB, I'll give it a shot Wednesday. :)

CaseyB, if you find time could you type out those two sets of numbers on the bottom of the coupon and post them? I think if you give one of those numbers, not sure which, to the right clerk they might be nice enough to type them in and see if they work. :D

Snowmaker 12-23-07 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyB
It was in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago, along with some others. It's a small coupon...but I hope some people can get a better deal with it.

Well that doesn't help us much now.:(

TexasDVDer 12-23-07 09:13 AM

OP, perhaps you could rescan the coupon at a higher bit rate so that when posted and printed it will come out clearer. Thanks for your efforts.

TGM 12-23-07 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
OP, perhaps you could rescan the coupon at a higher bit rate so that when posted and printed it will come out clearer. Thanks for your efforts.

yeah, that'd be nice.....

MickeyMousePal 12-23-07 02:46 PM

I will see if it will work on Wednesday.
By the way did anyone think Heroes Season Two was weak.

JohnSlider 12-23-07 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal
I will see if it will work on Wednesday.
By the way did anyone think Heroes Season Two was weak.

Discuss that in the TV forum.

CaseyB 12-23-07 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by John Slider
Thanks CaseyB, I'll give it a shot Wednesday. :)

CaseyB, if you find time could you type out those two sets of numbers on the bottom of the coupon and post them? I think if you give one of those numbers, not sure which, to the right clerk they might be nice enough to type them in and see if they work. :D

Certainly, John. It's 5 47897 11072 1 (8101)0 10336 0108. I'm sorry to everyone. I thought people once they got the picture might be able to make it bigger. When I was doing this at a friend's home I blew up the picture...but it didn't e-mail to me like that. Merry Christmas everyone.

JohnSlider 12-23-07 07:32 PM

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Dabaomb 12-23-07 10:29 PM

you probably have to find an extremely gullible cashier who would type in the coupon code. They need to mail in the physical coupon to get credited back the $6.

FeelingGreat 12-23-07 11:23 PM

even if he rescan the image at a higher resolution, you guys probably can not use it. The coupon originally is printed on "Newspaper" paper. You printing out a scan image is like photocopying the original coupon and the clerk will probably not honor it.

hwanch 12-24-07 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
even if he rescan the image at a higher resolution, you guys probably can not use it. The coupon originally is printed on "Newspaper" paper. You printing out a scan image is like photocopying the original coupon and the clerk will probably not honor it.

It's worth a shot. Some clerks don't care and just scan it.

Anyhow, If a higher res version of the coupon can be found, it would be helpful in printing it out. You can get rid of the wrinkles with photoshop.

JAYARE 12-24-07 11:41 AM

any chance of a better scan?

thursdaynighter 12-24-07 12:00 PM

I would think that any good library still has the hard copy of the newspaper. Does anyone have the exact date that the coupon appeared?

360... 12-24-07 10:51 PM

will it work on hd? and i would love a copy of it

fidodido 12-25-07 10:43 AM

Of note for Bay Area members, Fry's has put Heroes: Season 1 on sale Weds. for $18.99. You might be able to score a PM and the coupon, though I'm guessing that's probably none too likely.

orion1998_1 12-25-07 12:25 PM

can we please get a better scan?

Undeadcow 12-26-07 07:36 PM

Picked this up at Target (in Beaumont, TX) today using low-quality print-out of coupon with serial number written on page. Maybe I just got lucky with an apathetic cashier. She attempted to manually enter the code, which didn't work so she just did a manual price adjustment. Thanks OP!

MickM 12-26-07 08:49 PM

You wouldn't happen to know the date and page number of the LA Times the coupon appeared in?