Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy B2G1F on HD-DVD is select titles only. (12/23-12/29)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy B2G1F on HD-DVD is select titles only. (12/23-12/29)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Thought about going through the trouble of either asking them if I can do an adjustment (which could happen given they know me and have been flexible in the past) and buy one more and get one free or buying those same titles and then returning them with my old receipt, but I don't think I'll bother.

There are some $25 titles I might get so I'll just get those and use the RZ certificate I forgot to use the last time.
Old 12-24-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Sweet Baby James, it is still the same deal. Two buy 2 for $30 and getting one free will make the DVDs cost about $20 each. Buy 3 for $30 and getting two free will make the 5 DVDs still $20 each...so it's still isn't different. I don't think this deal is good. I don't want to spend more than $20 on HD DVDs. If only the buy one go one free deal applied to all HD-DVDs...
I'm no rocket scientist, but buying 3 to get 2 free certainly seems like a better deal than buying 4 to get 2 free.
Old 12-24-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
There are a number of $24.99 HD-DVDs at Best Buy that I've been considering; the B3G2 is even nicer in this case, averaging only $14.99 per movie.
B12G8!
Old 12-24-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that Best Buy's B2G1 listing online limits the titles you can choose from, but there are several that I've never seen in any of their B&M stores (Out of Sight, Eternal Sunshine and Elizabeth caught my eye) and they're offering free shipping on them, as well. Curious to see if that particular aspect is around next week for the B3G2... I'll definitely go for that.
Old 12-24-07, 11:02 PM

The way to save $$ on these BxGx is to choose those titles at the lowest price and make them all the same, this way you'll end up with the lowest per disc cost.
Old 12-24-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I'm pretty shocked they are going to one-up their offer only a week later....you'd have thought they would have waited at least a week between deals and maybe have the buy 3 get 2 free deal beginning January 6th or 13th....they're going to have to expect lots of people (like myself) to come back a week later and return/rebuy their movies to get two more (paying for only one more additional) by running these sales back to back...with a week or two in between sales, I'm sure a bunch of "average" consumers would never take much notice to go back and increase their deals (meaning not people like us who check dvd deals forums incessantly!)....
I'll happily take 5 for $75 over 3 for $50 anyday...$15 per disc over $16.67 sounds like a winner to me....
Old 12-25-07, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
B12G8!
I'd prefer B8G12. After all, BB didn't get me anything for Christmas yet, so that would be a nice gift!
Old 12-25-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdfansub
The way to save $$ on these BxGx is to choose those titles at the lowest price and make them all the same, this way you'll end up with the lowest per disc cost.
Indeed. I'd also expect Amazon to get on B1G1 Gravy Train, as they will probably open up their next sale to many more titles than before. I'm in a holding patter for that one.