Target Prices: December 26 - December 29, 2007

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Prices: December 26 - December 29, 2007

Old 12-27-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brizz
no rainchecks on any of these ultra discounted titles
I disagree. I got a raincheck for sex and the city S6.1 for $9.99. They had a bunch of rainchecks on the shelf at the Target in Woburn, MA which I hit on my way home today.
Old 12-27-07, 04:32 PM

I got a raincheck for 24 S2 since none were on the shelf and they told me "We have no more." But I checked the Target DCPI and it says it's still available in the stockroom.
Old 12-27-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
I stopped at a 24-hour WalMart on my way to work yesterday, because I knew I wouldn't be able to find a copy at Target by the time 4pm rolled around.
Any wal-mart employee who denies you a price match on any basis other than maybe stock at the other store (not sure if that's in policy, but who knows) or pulling funny business (eg, wrong edition) is full of shit--end of story. I called 1-800-Wal-Mart when my former employing store pulled that with me. They told me it was not the case and I filed a complaint. Not that it'll do anything.

They tried to argue with me yesterday, claiming Target had a "single disc" of Heroes on sale. Whew, it was not good that they did that when I'd had no sleep. I accidentally turned into vicious, angry, vindictive customer when they subtly accused me of trying to trick them.
Old 12-27-07, 09:57 PM

I had a hard time PM-ing Heroes at BB, I bought it the previous week to have a 110% PM. However the employees tell me they have to have the model number or season number. I said "There's only one season for that, and of course it's the DVD and not the HD-DVD version for $19.00" They then checked online on Target.com, I asked them if they checked "Weekly Ad," they said yes and it was $41.99, they actually checked Target.com prices.

Had to insist on it, went online to Target.com, took a picture of the weekly ad indicating it was indeed "Heroes Season 1 DVD."
Old 12-27-07, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I disagree. I got a raincheck for sex and the city S6.1 for $9.99. They had a bunch of rainchecks on the shelf at the Target in Woburn, MA which I hit on my way home today.
Even if they do not have the rainchecks on the shelf, you can still ask for them and they'll give you one. I got mine like that for S&C S6.1. In addition, the guy was nice enough to give me a printout of addresses of the nearby target stores which had them in stock. Thats how I snagged my set.
Old 12-28-07, 01:50 AM

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,089 Posts
I picked up Super Mario Galaxy and will give it a whirl in the morning.

Keep fighting the good fight, Speedy!
Old 12-28-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dogmatica
I picked up Super Mario Galaxy and will give it a whirl in the morning.

Keep fighting the good fight, Speedy!
Have a GREAT New Year holiday dogmatica!

The folks at CAG are pumped over that game too!
Old 12-28-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't been on DVDTalk in ages... but...

I went in on Super Mario Galaxy and The Office : Season 3. (previously got them for $49.99, and $39.99, respectively). So, I'm gonna take them back and get my $32 back.

And I also decided to buy Heroes. I watched it on TV for just a few episodes because I really wanted to like it, but I feel I didn't give it much of a chance... and for $19, I couldn't pass it up.

But, speedy, I hope all is well with you and you'll be back in full force! Take it easy, and a happy new year to you!
Old 12-28-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
I haven't been on DVDTalk in ages... but...

I went in on Super Mario Galaxy and The Office : Season 3. (previously got them for $49.99, and $39.99, respectively). So, I'm gonna take them back and get my $32 back.

And I also decided to buy Heroes. I watched it on TV for just a few episodes because I really wanted to like it, but I feel I didn't give it much of a chance... and for $19, I couldn't pass it up.

But, speedy, I hope all is well with you and you'll be back in full force! Take it easy, and a happy new year to you!

Why thank you ProjectMayhem!
It's so nice to meet you!

Have a GREAT New Year's holiday as well!

Please come back later and hopefully I'll have the NEW Target ad up and CC at CAG (if you're interested).
Old 12-28-07, 10:26 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SI78
Were you denied by a manager? I've never had a problem price matching at WalMart. But I always make sure to find the youngest employee who seems the least happy to be there. It could be a Your Clerk May Vary situation.
Yes I was denied by both the checkout person and manager. Was told they stopped price matching Target over a year ago. Funny I am almost positive I have price matched Target at Walmart about 2 months ago. If I didn't it was Best Buy and the Target & Best Buy are less then a mile apart. I never did think to ask if they still accepted Best Buy or not. Something is just fishy about the entire thing.
Old 12-28-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JB7
Something is just fishy about the entire thing.

By a former Wal*Mart employee, I'd say that you are right. Unless the Target you are trying to price match is not considered a "local" competitor.
Old 12-28-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JB7
Yes I was denied by both the checkout person and manager. Was told they stopped price matching Target over a year ago. Funny I am almost positive I have price matched Target at Walmart about 2 months ago. If I didn't it was Best Buy and the Target & Best Buy are less then a mile apart. I never did think to ask if they still accepted Best Buy or not. Something is just fishy about the entire thing.
I'm telling you, that's complete bull. Call 1-800-WAL-MART right in front of them if you carry a cell, should do just fine.
Old 12-28-07, 11:11 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
By a former Wal*Mart employee, I'd say that you are right. Unless the Target you are trying to price match is not considered a "local" competitor.
What is "local"? I get the ad in my local paper every weekend. Plus it was "local" enough before many times so why not now? (You don't have to answer Speedy, just me venting a bit)

I'm telling you, that's complete bull. Call 1-800-WAL-MART right in front of them if you carry a cell, should do just fine.
LOL I've seen a lady do that when the wal-mart wouldn't accept her coupons. Not sure how it worked out for her, but I will give it a try the next time I go. Which might be tomorrow depending on when/if the snow stops.
Old 12-28-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JB7
What is "local"? I get the ad in my local paper every weekend. Plus it was "local" enough before many times so why not now? (You don't have to answer Speedy, just me venting a bit)

LOL I've seen a lady do that when the wal-mart wouldn't accept her coupons. Not sure how it worked out for her, but I will give it a try the next time I go. Which might be tomorrow depending on when/if the snow stops.

Usually 10 - 25 miles.

When I worked In Shelton, we refused to PM Target because the nearest Target was 40 miles away. Once they built one in TRumbull and Milford and Orange, we price matched Target as they were in our local geographic area.
Old 12-28-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JB7
Way I figure, if nothing else, there might be some satisfaction in doing that publicly in front of them.
Old 12-28-07, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
learned that Beast Buy only matches the lower price - no 10% bonus - when it's THEIR AD, not a competitors. I'd never seen this before because I'm usually popping them with a Circuit City ad to match.
Huh?
The whole point of the "buy early at full price, then match" strategy is to get the extra 10% difference at the later date. However, Beast Buy only give the extra 10% when a COMPETITOR has the lower price. If it's their sale, then they just give back the straight difference. Thus:

* Heroes was $50 (original price) - $19 (Target sale price) = $31 (difference) + 10% of difference ($3.10) for a total $34.10 off the original $50, or $15.90 (plus tax) final price.

* Dead Like Me was $40 originally, but because it was Beast Buy itself having the sale, I just got back the $22.50 difference, not the extra $2.25 I was originally expecting.

Capice?