DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Amazon Lightning Deal - Angel - Complete Series Collector's Set $66 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/519929-amazon-lightning-deal-angel-complete-series-collectors-set-%2466.html)

blucadet3 12-13-07 06:03 PM

Scored one! Thanks.

JTH182 12-13-07 06:06 PM

Got mine $65.99 shipped

21% claimed

lizard 12-13-07 06:14 PM

Got one for $60.99. Had an extra $5 promotion applied, I think because I used the DVDSAVE5 coupon yesterday. The coupon is multiple use. Figured I'd mention it before anyone else orders the set.

To use the coupon, enter it on the LAST page, just before placing order.

lizard 12-13-07 06:18 PM

35% claimed, get one now if you want it.

cardaway 12-13-07 06:28 PM

Thanks for the DVDSAVE5 tip. Saved another $5.

Now @ 41% claimed.

digitalmanAZ 12-13-07 06:36 PM

This bargain forum turned me on to Firefly so it is only fitting that it also turns me on to a great deal on Angel. Also used DVDSAVE5 for an extra $5 off and it is now 47% claimed.

lizard 12-13-07 06:48 PM

I never picked up the Angel sets because I figured there was bound to be a complete set someday, like the Buffy Chosen Collection. For me it is blind buy but I really liked Buffy so it is worth the $61 to find out if Angel is as good, as some say.

Firefly and several other series were blind buys for me, based on DVD Talkers' recommendations. Never would have found out about them otherwise.

Havok83 12-13-07 06:50 PM

Do you have to use the coupon code before checking out? I already checked out and tried to apply it to my order and it wont accept

Walker Boh 12-13-07 06:54 PM

Ordered one, but couldn't apply the DVDSAVE5 code. Still, great deal.

cardaway 12-13-07 06:58 PM

Add the DVDSAVE5 coupon code in the coupon field (and hit apply) on the checkout screen just before hitting the last button to complete the transaction.

fujishig 12-13-07 07:12 PM

the coupon doesn't seem to work anymore. Of course, the site is really slow, I had a lot of trouble just adding it to my cart.

Web 12-13-07 07:12 PM

It can be gotten on ebay for the same or less, and will only go down in price there with time, so what's the rush to have it? Especially when we all spent a fortune this last month on DVDs. I'll wait. Maybe even till it's on HD/Blu.

rkndkn 12-13-07 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Walker Boh
Ordered one, but couldn't apply the DVDSAVE5 code. Still, great deal.

Just to clarify, this code is only valid with Amazon VISA.

It is also supposed to be one offer per customer, so they may have fixed it to prevent multiple use.

Sparrow 12-13-07 07:48 PM

I was just thinking today that every complete series set that's been part of these Lightning Deals, I already own. Not today, I picked this up!

JTH182 12-13-07 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by rkndkn

It is also supposed to be one offer per customer, so they may have fixed it to prevent multiple use.

Dammit, I guess I screwed myself out of $5 :mad2:

GenPion 12-13-07 08:24 PM

Awesome deal! I ordered the set. This is a blind buy for me so hopefully I'm in for something cool. I basically never do such a big order with something I haven't seen before but I have recently gotten in to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (it's a pretty good show so far... I'm still on season two) so I figured this was safe material. Any thoughts?

Anyway, I don't think you could much better (if at all) on eBay. At least when I checked.

JTH182 12-13-07 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
Awesome deal! I ordered the set. This is a blind buy for me so hopefully I'm in for something cool. I basically never do such a big order with something I haven't seen before but I have recently gotten in to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (it's a pretty good show so far... I'm still on season two) so I figured this was safe material. Any thoughts?

Anyway, I don't think you could much better (if at all) on eBay. At least when I checked.

I'm seeing at least $70 on EBay

Definitely a good blind buy especially if you're enjoying Buffy's first couple seasons already.

Angel is a great show, and it only gets BETTER throughout its run.

Also, the two shows cross over a couple times, so you may want to check episode guides and watch them in order

Walker Boh 12-13-07 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by rkndkn

I used my Amazon Visa, and it still didn't work for me. Maybe it wouldn't work because most of it was paid with my gift card balance, with only a little left over on the Visa. I figured as long as the Amazon card was somewhere in the equation it would work, but not for me. :scratch2: I even called the customer service line but the guy couldn't figure it out (his theory was that it couldn't be stacked with the gold box deal), and it wasn't worth getting upset and demanding they figure it out for $5.

kansai999 12-13-07 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Walker Boh
I used my Amazon Visa, and it still didn't work for me. Maybe it wouldn't work because most of it was paid with my gift card balance, with only a little left over on the Visa. I figured as long as the Amazon card was somewhere in the equation it would work, but not for me. :scratch2: I even called the customer service line but the guy couldn't figure it out (his theory was that it couldn't be stacked with the gold box deal), and it wasn't worth getting upset and demanding they figure it out for $5.

I had gift card balance when I placed 5 seperate orders for the B1G1 HD-DVD offer and the code worked on every order without charging my Amazon Visa.

DVDMagic 12-14-07 05:42 AM

Figured I'd pick it up as a blind buy - haven't really gone wrong with any of those that I've picked up thru reading the boards.

Walker Boh 12-14-07 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by kansai999
I had gift card balance when I placed 5 seperate orders for the B1G1 HD-DVD offer and the code worked on every order without charging my Amazon Visa.

:shrug: I have no idea what the problem was then.

lizard 12-14-07 12:22 PM

Not that it matters for Angel because the deal is long dead, but the DVDSAVE5/Amazon Visa coupon still works fine for me and remains multiple use. Again, one has to apply it to the last page of the ordering process, right before "Place Order".

My thanks to WatchAMovie for posting this thread or I'd have never known about the Angel deal. Much appreciated!

That'sAllFolks 12-14-07 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion

Season 2 of Buffy = best entire season of ANY TV show EVER!

If you like Buffy, you can't go wrong with Angel. Though I like Buffy a bit better, Angel's got better archs.

Havok83 12-18-07 06:15 PM

I just sold my DVD collection for $89 on Ebay! I was only going for 50 but lucked out at that price. Great deal since I did take a gamble and order this $66 from Amazon

Rogue588 12-18-07 10:49 PM

I only owned three seasons - 1, 4 & 5.

Ordered this set with the intent of selling 'em off for $25-30.

Sold s1 on Half.com Friday. On Sunday, during our latest snowstorm, I found my winter coat that I haven't worn in two years. In the pocket, I had a Costco reciept for s4 from 2 years ago. Today I returned it for my $39.

So far, i'm 5-0 in upgrading from single seasons to DVD collections with a profit instead of loss (or just breaking even) this year. :banana: