Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: December 16 - December 22, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought Transformers + Harry Potter and Shrek the Third + Bourne Ultimatum. They scanned the cheaper item first, but I got charged for the more expensive item, so I don't know how a few people magically got the more expensive item free. Then I handed the Transformers and Shrek coupons which scanned as $0, so the rep called the manager who as usual denied me... just as I was denied using the 10% off coupon. So it was just an "OK" deal, but not the smoking deal several people reported who somehow got the more expensive item free and were able to use the $5 Transformer/Shrek coupons on top. Fortunately I've got until the end of January to decide about keeping them and hope for a better deal. $18 for Harry Potter + $15 for the other 3 still feels expensive when I'm used to cheap SD DVDs.
Old 12-17-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I wasn't going to buy anything this week but couldn't resist on the HD/BD sale. Picked up Spider-Man 3 (BD) and Transformers (HD-DVD).

Got lucky on Transformers since it was the last copy in the store.
Old 12-18-07, 02:24 AM

I don't know if it has been posted or not, but the $5.00 coupons everyone is talking about here for Transformers and Shrek 3 on HD were also in the paper a few weeks back. They are what is considered "Manufacture's Coupons" and I believe all Best Buys (or all retailers for that matter) should honor them. It may or may not be true that you can't combine a coupon with a sales price, but I don't think Best Buy has this policy. I picked up Shrek 3 (SD) for $10.99 (paper had some $3.00 coupons for SD versions of Shrek 3, Transformers, Disturbia, and Shrek or Shrek 2) this past Saturday with one of the Manufacture's Coupons. The coupon rang up 0.00 and the checker had to call a manager and she asked me if the coupon was one of there's or not. Someone (I don't think it was a manager) came and told the girl she had to total the ticket, then enter the coupon as a Manafucture's coupon discount. The discount appears on the receipt after the total. Hope this helps any that have these coupons and wants to use them at Best Buy. By the way, I have both of these HD coupons for anyone that wants them. I guess if I mail them out to you tomorrow, and you live close by (Houston area), you could get them by this Saturday. Shoot me a pm if you want them (no charge).

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 12-18-07 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-18-07, 04:41 AM

I used the $3.00 off Disturbia coupon about a week or so ago. I price matched Circuit City's sale price of $12.99 at Walmart and was also able to use the $3 off coupon.
Old 12-18-07, 08:46 AM

Anyone here has tried to return a title that bought last week and buy back with a freebie?
Old 12-18-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got back from Best Buy. They had the one-disc version of THX-1138, no 2-discs anywhere in the store. Complained to the manager that their ad shows the cover of the 2-disc, and he had me order THX 2-disc online in-store, and gave me $20 off and free shipping on THX. He definitely did the right thing, but I had to complain to get the deal, and I felt like a jackass complaining about it. I also didn't appreciate the woman who told me it was the "same movie with a different cover."
Old 12-18-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, I just love it when those idiots start talking out of their a**es about DVDs they know nothing about.

Regardless. I picked up the Briefcase. They had plenty of the DVD sets. It looked like they had several HD-DVD but I did not look at those.

A heavy set that is well made.
Old 12-18-07, 09:20 AM

Thanks for posting!

I picked up the absolute last copy of Transformers at a Tampa, FL location (one of the employees had it in his hands...had no price on it, so possibly a return), along with Bourne Supremacy.

On a side note, I have been reading a lot of doom and gloom about HD DVD, but it seems to me that the forum lights up whenever an HD deal is posted. Unlike Target, who has much more shelf space dedicated to Blu Ray, the Best Buys here have equal space (an entire aisle), but the HD DVD's seem to go quicker. There were no Transformer's left, no Evan Almighty, and I could only find 2 copies of "Knocked Up', but that was because a dense employee had them on the New Release wall (away from the BOGO).

I think both formats are here for a while, unless it comes down to Sony writing a big check to Universal and Paramount.
Old 12-18-07, 09:53 AM
Cool New Member

If you're at all interested in the McFarlane Simpsons figures, I'd head over to your nearest Best Buy pretty quick. I picked up all four family members but there were only a couple of each character. You may still be able to order them online later in the day but I don't think these are going to hang around like the Silver Surfer promos. The figures are really well done and an absolute steal for $3.75 each.
Old 12-18-07, 11:04 AM

I picked up The Simpsons Movie at Target for $12.59 w/ tax (after $5 coupon). I was going to get it at Best Buy, but decided I'd rather just have the movie. I also got Hatchet, Evil Dead and Halloween there. On the website it says that if you buy all 3, you save $10. However, when I got to the register it only came up $5 when you buy 2. I told the cashier about it being in the ad, and it says only $5 off 2 and the $10 deal is only on the website. Just thought I'd let everybody know that you might want to order it online and get it for instore pickup to save $5.
Old 12-18-07, 11:17 AM

i picked up simpsons at wal mart, with their figures for 16.97
Old 12-18-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asianxcore
I wasn't going to buy anything this week but couldn't resist on the HD/BD sale. Picked up Spider-Man 3 (BD) and Transformers (HD-DVD).

Got lucky on Transformers since it was the last copy in the store.
Sweet, so you can mix and match....tempting to add a few movies to my collection.
Old 12-18-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, no THX 1138 2-discer like the ad shows. They looked it up and they don't even carry it in stores at all. What a bullshit lie.

Like a sucker I bought Blade Runner anyway, couldn't resist having it in my hands.
Old 12-18-07, 12:58 PM

is the single disc THX the same without the second disc?
Old 12-18-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No store around me has the Blade Runner briefcase HD-DVD set. :woo:
Old 12-18-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mike01
is the single disc THX the same without the second disc?
As far as I know, it's the same version of the movie. But the 2nd disc has some great features - we watched this in my sound-for-image class at school - so I was hoping for that. Such is life.
Old 12-18-07, 01:59 PM

the simpsons figures. in westland are sold out.thank god i got the four of them siting on a seat. but i wanted the spider pig one well at least i got them.
Old 12-18-07, 07:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Anyone buy "Hatchet" , "Evil Dead" (UE), and "Halloween" and get $10 off in-store? Online it says it is an offer if you buy all 3. The BB ad says $5.00 with 2 only, i said online says $10 with 3, but i got a no go and only got the $5.00.
Old 12-18-07, 09:24 PM

I too got only $5 off when I bought all 3 in store.
Old 12-18-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darichestman
the simpsons figures. in westland are sold out.thank god i got the four of them siting on a seat. but i wanted the spider pig one well at least i got them.
Consider yourself lucky. I got nothin. They are sold out online, but you can do in-store pickup... supposedly. None of my closest 6 stores had them. I can't believe the figures sold out on the first day. I knew freebies would be hot, but you had to pay for these so I didn't think so. Plus, they aren't exclusives and have been in stores since June. DOH!
Old 12-18-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by naitram
As far as I know, it's the same version of the movie. But the 2nd disc has some great features - we watched this in my sound-for-image class at school - so I was hoping for that. Such is life.
Yeah, that's why I complained to the manager. I haven't seen THX in a million years, so I'm looking forward to that, but I was more excited about this documentary on disc 2 :

A Legacy of Filmmakers: The Early Years of American Zoetrope, narrated by Richard Dreyfuss. It's no secret that the basic premise and philosophy behind THX 1138 was directly influenced by the world around it, and the current state of the film industry was no exception. This 63-minute documentary covers the rise and fall of the struggling young studio during the late 1960s and early 1970s, touching on everything from the influence of Easy Rider to the bitter clash between Warner Bros. and American Zoetrope over the film itself. In all fairness, though, it's great to see Warner Bros. swallow their pride by allowing this documentary to be presented objectively (one might be reminded of the clash between Universal and Terry Gilliam over Brazil, and the wonderful documentary produced for The Criterion Collection). Among other highlights, A Legacy of Filmmakers features short interviews with the likes of Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, and Francis Ford Coppola. Overall, it's a great piece for anyone interested in film history, and as relevant to THX 1138 as any other bonus feature in recent memory.
So, I'll be happy when that arrives. BestBuy.com shows that it already shipped. Seriously, guys, go in and complain, get the 2-disc. They have to do it. They can't go around advertising one thing and changing it around when you get in the store.
Old 12-18-07, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by thejester
Don't know how that happened? I was for sure clicking on the B0G0 thread for BB HD. Guess I missed. Anyway...

For those that care -

B0G0 @ B&M has the same "flaw" as previous times. Have clerk scan lower price one & then higher price, the higher price will be the freebie.

Since the span is on $5, then there won't be that much of a savings - not like the sets one a while back.

I noticed this on the receipt I got for my HDs (HP: OOP & Oceans 13). I would go back & return both sets of titles I got, but I used RZ coupons & they won't get credited back to me, so I'm stuck - only out $3 tho'.
I like to report that "flaw" has been fixed.

I bought HP: OOP ($32.99) and Bourne Ult. ($29.99), at check out, clerk scanned Bourne disc first, and followed by HP: OOP, she pressed key, BOGO message pop up, and $0.00 is on Bourne only. I told her that's doesn't seems right.. it supposed to be both are $29.99 (playing dumb).

I had the clerk cancelled out and try it this time with HP:OOP first, followed by Bourne, pressed key, BOGO message pop up and still $0.00 on Bourne disc only. I said ok.. no problem..paid $32.99 + taxes and left..

I was happy there is a BOGO for HD discs anyway.
Old 12-19-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Consider yourself lucky. I got nothin. They are sold out online, but you can do in-store pickup... supposedly. None of my closest 6 stores had them. I can't believe the figures sold out on the first day. I knew freebies would be hot, but you had to pay for these so I didn't think so. Plus, they aren't exclusives and have been in stores since June. DOH!
I managed to get Bart and Homer .. They told me one guy came in and bought ALL of the Marge figures. Guess I'll keep looking and have to rebuy the movie in order to get all 4 for $15
Old 12-19-07, 10:08 AM

Was Knocked Up HD DVD ever released as a non-combo?
Old 12-19-07, 10:09 AM

I just went to BestBuy.com to check to see if Evan Almighty and Knocked Up HD were still 19.99. It lists it as 19.99 on the search page, but if you click on it or add it to your cart, it comes up 29.99. Just a heads up. I'm thinking about calling and seeing if I can get them to honor it for 19.99.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.