Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

12/6 FYE Deal of the Day: All Simpsons Season - $19.99 Each/$9.99AR Each

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 11:00 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man. I was able to get all 10 for $188 with tax and free shipping. I will get $100 credit in rebates so that means I pretty much paid $88 bucks for Seasons 1-10.
Old 12-07-07, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
How do I get a copy of the rebate form? When I ordered the link to it was dead and now I do not know where to go to get it. Can anyone post one for me? It will be much appreciated. I ordered this yesterday afternoon.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1248736
Old 12-07-07, 11:12 AM

Only needed 9 and 10 $21.39 minus $20 in virtual cards makes 1.39 yea 68.5 cents a season.
Old 12-07-07, 11:22 AM
Cool New Member

Does anyone know what it an order status of "On Hold" means?
Old 12-08-07, 11:59 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
What happened to the Deal-of-the-Day?? Hasn't been up since Thursday?
Old 12-09-07, 10:03 AM

This sale seemed like a bargain. I picked up S4/S7 for 21 shipped. Much higher now.
Old 01-20-08, 09:36 AM

Has anyone received their $10 virtual gidt cards yet?

I have received one but I bought all 10 seasons and am now worried that I will only get one.
Old 01-20-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leahcim

I have received one but I bought all 10 seasons and am now worried that I will only get one.
Go to www.fyerebates.com and check to see if they are vaild. They might have declared them as invalid for a missing UPC. If they did, you will have to call or email and explain that the rebate didn't require a UPC.
Old 01-20-08, 10:41 AM

If you submitted them all on the same rebate, then you will have to call and fight with them. Make sure to ask for a supervisor - their customer service reps are useless when it comes to making changes to amounts on rebate.

I had five separate orders because I took advantage of the BOGO promotion, and was only given credit for one season, even though each rebate had two seasons checked. Let's just say that I was not happy about having to call back on five separate occasions due to their lack of competence on rebates.
Old 01-22-08, 06:01 PM

FYE rebate processing stinks.
I just tracked mine for a different DOTD (Stargate seasons). Supposed to be a $10 gift card. As you can see on the below information, they don't even have the correct rebate or promotion. And "Product name not included with submission'? It was printed on their damn form!

Rebate: Variable Reward Check
Rebate Information For: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Promotion: $3 Mail In Rebate with Purchase of Select Music Titles at FYE.com ONLY
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 01-06-2008
Status Detail: Invalid.
Invalid Reason: Product Name Not Included with Submission
Old 02-06-08, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ajn3166
If you submitted them all on the same rebate, then you will have to call and fight with them. Make sure to ask for a supervisor - their customer service reps are useless when it comes to making changes to amounts on rebate.

I had five separate orders because I took advantage of the BOGO promotion, and was only given credit for one season, even though each rebate had two seasons checked. Let's just say that I was not happy about having to call back on five separate occasions due to their lack of competence on rebates.
OK, but how the hell do you get to talk to a CSR? I called the number on the rebates website (800-779-6219) and ended up in an endless loop of automated options that never gave me a chance to talk to a real person. I have the same problem (submitted rebate requests for two different Simpsons seasons on the same form and in the same envelope, and I only got one $10 gift card). I'm not happy about having to call and fight with them, but I'll do it if I can find somebody to fight with. It's tough to argue with an automated system.
Old 02-06-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think I started hitting ZERO to get to someone. You WILL have to argue a little bit and keep asking to speak to the next person up until the rebate center (which is CONTRACTED by FYE) gives you the correct FYE headquarters contact who will then issue you the rebate. This is how it went down for me - but since you are withing their "grace period" they may be less ridiculous to deal with.
Old 02-06-08, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I think I started hitting ZERO to get to someone. You WILL have to argue a little bit and keep asking to speak to the next person up until the rebate center (which is CONTRACTED by FYE) gives you the correct FYE headquarters contact who will then issue you the rebate. This is how it went down for me - but since you are withing their "grace period" they may be less ridiculous to deal with.
I tried hitting zero and it didn't do anything. I also tried hitting 9, * and # to get out of the main menu and nothing seemed to work. That's what was so frustrating.
Old 02-06-08, 09:18 AM

I got 1 virtual gift card and I am due 10 of them. Called them, emailed them, mailed my scans of submissions back in, still a big run-around.

I have told them to act now before I get a lawyer but still, no word. What now?
Old 02-21-08, 08:58 AM

Has any one recieved multiple $10 virtual gift cards yet. I have only recieved one and after 10 emails and 2 phone calls to Texas, I get nothing. FYE is a joke!
Old 02-21-08, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still waiting on rebates I sent in in mid November. Be patient.
Old 02-21-08, 12:37 PM

Has any one recieved multiple $10 virtual gift cards yet. I have only recieved one and after 10 emails and 2 phone calls to Texas, I get nothing. FYE is a joke!
I am having the same issue. With all of their DOTD promotions, I was due twelve $10 virtual gift cards. I have only received seven of them, and when I check the status on the website, it claims that all twelve were "mailed." I've been exchanging e-mails with customer service, but no luck so far. I've yet to been stiffed on over 50 FYE rebates, but this is my first, and last, experience with virtual gift cards.
Old 02-21-08, 05:34 PM

Well, I only worry becuase my rebate status said 1, and I did get it and use it but I have heard nothing about the other 9.

I only sent 1 submission in for all 10 seasons but there was a place the check each, individual seasons on the sheet, so I hope I am ok, sigh.
Old 02-21-08, 07:03 PM

Well, I only worry becuase my rebate status said 1, and I did get it and use it but I have heard nothing about the other 9.

I only sent 1 submission in for all 10 seasons but there was a place the check each, individual seasons on the sheet, so I hope I am ok, sigh.
You're not going to get the money back for the other nine seasons. You need to call the 1-800 number and talk to a customer service rep, and explain your situation. You'll also probably be best asking for a supervisor as the first set of reps simply read their answer off a database and do not really help with you anything other than routine issues.
Old 02-21-08, 08:15 PM
Cool New Member

you have to "check on the status of you rebate." after that, you are given the option of a live human.
Old 04-03-08, 07:00 AM

Anyone still waiting for Virtual gift cards, I have 9 out there but all I get are spanish dudes on the phone who know nothing about English.

I am bbout ready to call the head man himself.
Old 04-03-08, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone still waiting for Virtual gift cards, I have 9 out there but all I get are spanish dudes on the phone who know nothing about English.

I am bbout ready to call the head man himself.
I just got 2 $10 VGCs in my email last night. They were for Prison Break Seasons 1 & 2 that I submitted in December. Hopefully you'll get your cards soon.