Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Warner Video (their store) Discount Codes (usually 25% off)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-04-07, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am throwing in the towel. No bargains here.

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 12-04-07 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Recently a lot of members have complained that this store is slow to ship, but that really belongs in the store forum.
I don't agree. I think people should be made aware how truly bad of a company they are. We shouldn't hide that fact in any thread that has to do with "deals", as not everyone checks out the Store forum.

Last edited by flashburn; 12-04-07 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nevermind, sorry for the clutter.

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 12-04-07 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to agree with flashburn here. Normally I'd say that most complaints belong in the store forum, but in the case of Warner Home Video, there should be a disclaimer placed upon every deal posted in the bargain forum. I've been luckier than most with regard to WHV -- meaning I've received every item I ordered (sometimes two months late - but received nonetheless) -- but I still would hesitate before ordering from them again. Anytime actually getting your order is a huge YMMV, something should be said. Most people don't ever check the store forum.
Old 12-04-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jkzahn
So, the fact that other people can't follow the forum rules means you should break them too, huh? Whatever, I am not a moderator so you can obviously do as you wish.
Since you appear to be an expert on the forum rules, please quote me the rule that says that you can only talk about bargains in the bargain forums and make no reference to the quality of the store with the bargain.
Old 12-04-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Since you appear to be an expert on the forum rules, please quote me the rule that says that you can only talk about bargains in the bargain forums and make no reference to the quality of the store with the bargain.
Unspoken rule Josh.
Old 12-04-07, 09:42 AM
Suspended

I've only ordered from them once and didn't have any problems, but I've read so many bad stories here (and not flame fests.... just people who tried to use a coupon and never got shipped their items, and didn't get confim emails) that I tell friends not to order from that site.

To repair the damage WHV has done to their reputation among online DVD buyers, they are going to have to overhaul and redesign the entire site, I think.

Or announce that it's 'under new management'

There are just too many really good places to order and get good discounts that handle customers the right way.

Those WHV coupons look good in your cart but it's just a major caveat emptor.

If I was ordering from there again, I would probably call instead of doing it online. But I'm not so I won't.
Old 12-04-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But their HD-DVD Prices are so damn good (w/ 25% off)

I had no issues last time I ordered.
Old 12-04-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like someone took their ball and went home. Anyone else know the coupon code?
Old 12-04-07, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Looks like someone took their ball and went home. Anyone else know the coupon code?
DCBM for 25% off.

ETA: With all of the problems some people have had, I'm trying to decide whether to get a few Doctor Who DVDs or not. They're a great deal at $15 each, but I ask myself the all-important question: do I want to spend more than I can afford on DVDs I might never receive, or do I want to spend more than I can afford at a site where I know I'm going to get the stuff?

Last edited by WhovianZorker; 12-04-07 at 10:53 AM.