Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

B1G1 DVDs 546 Titles @ Best Buy Free Ship w/store pickup! Hot 2 for 8.99 2 & 3 Dics!!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

B1G1 DVDs 546 Titles @ Best Buy Free Ship w/store pickup! Hot 2 for 8.99 2 & 3 Dics!!

Old 12-05-07, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cardaway
How does that work? You can't complete an order (getting an order number) for in-store pick-up unless the item is in stock. Unless of course I'm missing something or doing something wrong.
The item has to be "in stock" on their store inventory checker. I ordered Serenity 2-Disc Ed at 2 different Best Buys for in-store pickup and both returned "Item not found in store" via e-mail.
Old 12-05-07, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blued888
The item has to be "in stock" on their store inventory checker. I ordered Serenity 2-Disc Ed at 2 different Best Buys for in-store pickup and both returned "Item not found in store" via e-mail.
So it has to be a case where they said the had it, but were wrong. Makes sense now, thanks.

This blows because (at least in my area) everything I want is not in stock. The amount they charge for shipping is a huge deal breaker.
Old 12-05-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady
Was I supposed to?
I did:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=68
Old 12-05-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by dhmac
I picked mine up today but they gave me the wrong Black Hawk Down (the older 1-Disc version). Will they honor a return to get the correct one listed from the site?
To solve my problem, I printed off the page on the DVD in the sale with the small picture of the correct release's cover in the top corner and took the 1-Disc version back. They exchanged it, no problem. (I recommend doing this for any in-store pick-ups just in case they pull the wrong release of a title.)
Old 12-05-07, 06:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhmac
To solve my problem, I printed off the page on the DVD in the sale with the small picture of the correct release's cover in the top corner and took the 1-Disc version back. They exchanged it, no problem. (I recommend doing this for any in-store pick-ups just in case they pull the wrong release of a title.)
cool, i'm glad they didn't give you any guff
Old 12-05-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by An4h0ny
cool, i'm glad they didn't give you any guff
If they had, I would've called them on the "One Minute Guarantee" on the original pick-up form. (In both trips to BB, they never came close to that guarantee!)
Old 12-06-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
picked up Dark Crystal and Dr. Strangelove 2 discs today w/ no problem.
Old 12-06-07, 06:44 PM

trying to order memento 2 disc and black hawk down but my bestbuy says they don't have any memento but i saw about 10 on the shelf

shipping isn't a deal breaker but it is less impressive
maybe i'll choose in store pickup for a different store and say it must've been some kind of error and grab one off the shelf
Old 12-06-07, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by JorgeC
never did an in-store pickup before. in for Dark Crystal and Memento, hopefully be able to pickup at lunch, $9.74 for both.
had no problems picking up at the Glendora, CA store. watched Dark Crystal and last night decided to try again so I can give away as a gift (and grab BHD for myself), but when I got to the West COvina store (only store left with any stock online), they had the WRONG version of Dark Crystal. after 25 minutes, they told me they didn't have the 25th anniversary version in stock, so I asked to cancel and they handed me a $10 gift card.

I like the gift card, just wish it hadn't take 25 minutes to figure out they didn't have the right DVD in stock
Old 12-07-07, 05:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered BHD (3-disc) & Dark Crystal (2-Disc) for instore pick-up got an email saying it was not available at the store so call BB and they shipped them both with free shipping.
Old 12-07-07, 06:18 AM

went to my local BestBuy to pick my instore pickup of several titles in this sale and had no problem. One of the title had floater inside and the customer representative was ok with me switching out to another one in the store. Before you leave, you should carefully inspect your DVD to ensure they got the right edition and there are no loose disc inside.

I then went to look at the $8.99 special edition disc section in the back to maybe pick up other titles(e.g. The color purple, the lost boys, the right stuff, JFK, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, and Panic Room). These titles were nowhere to be found. There are sales labels with the names of these titles at the various positions on the rack but the DVD's were missing. I checked in the regular DVD section and can not find them as well. I then talk to one of the guys there and he went and check the availability at one of their in-store computers and for each one, the computer said there were like 8-10 copies in the store. He then went and got his supervisor and they went in the back to their warehouse and found these dvd in the boxes. They took them and put them on the shelves. The moral is if you can not find the title you want, ask them to check their warehouse because they just might not have taken them out of the box yet.
Old 12-07-07, 07:12 AM
Cool New Member

I got the dark crystal & doctor strange love no problem didn't even orer online just walked in the store & got em no problem
Old 12-08-07, 02:43 PM

I just had a nightmare of a time trying to pick up my order. The girl at the counter (before scanning the barcode, might I add) started looking all around for my order, couldn't find it. Finally searched for it in the computer and STILL couldn't find it anywhere. Another guy came over and looked for it, no luck, they went and grabbed my discs (Memento and Black Hawk Down) and a manager came and looked for it in the system for about another 15-20 minutes (I waited about 45 minutes total) before telling me that the computer said the order had already been picked up. I just looked at my bank statement, and I was already charged for it a couple of days back, but I know for sure I haven't picked it up yet, today was my first chance. I guess I'm calling the consumer hotline to see what they can do.
Old 12-08-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 151 Likes on 111 Posts
They should have a copy of the receipt which should have been signed at the time of picking up the order. Also, you would have received an email, thanking you for picking up your order. Did you get one? They might have given your order to somebody else.

I had a hell of a time picking up an order yesterday from them. One particular DVD was damaged, and the clerk was still going to ring me up. I said, "Hey, that DVD you have there is going to be a gift, and the entire side of that case is cracked." The manager of the dept. overheard me and said, "Well, we just gave you a gift card, and you're wanting to exchange this?" I said, "What does a gift card have to do with a cracked case?" Kinda irritated me. Usually, they are pretty good but this crew was giving more attitude than what I liked.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 12-08-07 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-08-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you order these in store, does it ring up in the register that one is free? (if you get dark crystal and Memento?) Or do you have to point them to the online website or what?
Old 12-08-07, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
If you order these in store, does it ring up in the register that one is free? (if you get dark crystal and Memento?) Or do you have to point them to the online website or what?
i had to get an adjustment for the combo that i didn't purchase online with in-store pickup. save yourself the hassle and just do it online (of course they could bollicks that up as well, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.)
Old 12-08-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up Dr Strange Love, Boys in da Hood, Memento and Dark Crystal.!

Thanks!
Old 12-08-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now I made two orders, if they are slow on BOTH orders, would that mean I would get 2 10$ giftcards?
Old 12-08-07, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Now I made two orders, if they are slow on BOTH orders, would that mean I would get 2 10$ giftcards?
I just came back from picking up an online order at Best Buy and they gave me $10 OFF the order (which is actually the way the policy reads). I think some stores are just giving out the GCs because it's easier for them, so YMMV.

Not sure if you'll get 2x $10, but I'd definitely argue for it.
Old 12-08-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by metahuman stat
I got the dark crystal & doctor strange love no problem didn't even orer online just walked in the store & got em no problem
I bought these two just the other night. It was like 3 dollars and some change after using a 5 dollar reward zone certificate. Damn good deal if you ask me.
Old 12-08-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alright, just got back from the store. It was quick and painless, had my two orders in 2 different 'ziplock baggies'

Very nice
Old 12-08-07, 11:19 PM

Thank you for the info!

get 2-disc Boyz N the Hood and 2-disc Dark Crystal for less than $10.00!

I am wondering is this Sony's excess inventory?

Many of these sales titles are the same one you can find at Big-Lot and Ross.

Is Sony trying to clear old inventory to get more "room" for Blue-Ray?
Old 12-11-07, 09:57 AM

Already got my DVDs, they were in tip-top shape and they were the correct ones.

Originally Posted by blued888
@glennh2os

Did the same thing and customer service was nice too. Had them ship me Memento for free. Separate shipment for Serenity @ $8.99 since I can't find it at any store. Free shipping for both.
Old 12-11-07, 12:50 PM
Cool New Member

Is the sale over? It doesn't seem to be. I can't seem to get the BOGO on the 2-disc sets.
Old 12-11-07, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by netphemera
Is the sale over? It doesn't seem to be. I can't seem to get the BOGO on the 2-disc sets.
yeah it ended last saturday

sorry!

new round of best buy sales underway.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.