DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   B1G1 DVDs 546 Titles @ Best Buy Free Ship w/store pickup! Hot 2 for 8.99 2 & 3 Dics!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/518997-b1g1-dvds-546-titles-%40-best-buy-free-ship-w-store-pickup-hot-2-8-99-2-3-dics.html)

BamaDan 12-03-07 01:38 PM

Worked fine for me (Dark Crystal and Strangelove). The issue here is some of the $8.99 disks are part of B1G1 and some are not. List above is accurate. Customer Service was pretty amazed that I got out with B1G1 even on top of their advertised $8.99 sale.

DarthScooby 12-03-07 01:52 PM

Still working for me as well...Just placed another order for some stocking stuffers.

blued888 12-03-07 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by glennh2os
Thanks to OP. Ordered Dr. Strangelove and Dark Crystal. Both for in store pickup, both showed in stock. Get my emails, one was ready for pickup, but one showed up not in the store, and I was to call the Best Buy customer service. Long story short.. They are mailing me the Dark Crystal since it was their "mistake" at no charge, and I just came back from picking up Dr. Strangelove from the store.

Did you go in-store to resolve item to be shipped issue? Cause I'm in the same predicament right now. Ordered Black Hawk Down + Memento. Memento was not available in-store according to e-mail confirmation.

tako 12-03-07 02:15 PM

doing the orders 2 at a time did work, thanks.

glennh2os 12-03-07 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by blued888
Did you go in-store to resolve item to be shipped issue? Cause I'm in the same predicament right now. Ordered Black Hawk Down + Memento. Memento was not available in-store according to e-mail confirmation.

Tried to do in-store ended up having to call the Best Buy customer service number (they just didn't want to deal with it at the desk IMHO). After a fairly long wait on the phone, it was super well handled by the person on the phone. Now if they get everything right, and the dvd shows up I'll be a really happy camper ;-)

blued888 12-03-07 02:44 PM

@glennh2os

Did the same thing and customer service was nice too. Had them ship me Memento for free. Separate shipment for Serenity @ $8.99 since I can't find it at any store. Free shipping for both.

macnorton 12-03-07 02:44 PM

I am having issues with almost all the titles listed. Anyone else having a problem?

blued888 12-03-07 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by macnorton
I am having issues with almost all the titles listed. Anyone else having a problem?

Try doing it 2 at a time. I tried putting 2 pairs of B1G1 last night in my cart and only 1 out of the 2 supposedly free items was discounted.

Gobear 12-03-07 02:59 PM

I ordered Memento and Black Hawk Down for in-store pickup at Pentagon City. When I got there, the clerk had me pay for the DVDS before I could look at them. So, after I paid, I saw that they were trying to hand me the 1-disc versions of both (Worse, BHD was a floater!)

I politely explained that the SKU was for the 2-disc and 3-disc versions, so after checking with the computer and seeing I was right, she sent another clerk to look for them. After 10 minutes had passed, the clerk apologized for the wait an handed me a $10 gift card for my trouble. After 20 more minutes, the clerk told me that the store didn't have any in stock, so I told her to cancel the order and refund me. She gave me a $10 gift card (even though my order cost $9.44)

Thus, I have no DVDs, but I did leave $10 in store credit richer than when I arrived.

FangsFirst 12-03-07 03:01 PM

Careful with that store pickup, Eugene.

I just spent an hour and a half getting a runaround in a store (the guy working CS was very nice and patient, as was the manager I eventually dealt with).

I ordered Boyz N the Hood and Avalon because it was claimed that the store I was visiting had them in stock. I got a pickup confirmation pretty fast, so I headed out (Crabtree store in Raleigh, NC, for the record--if anyone who works there posts here, I'm sure you will now know EXACTLY who I am, for which I apologize) and got there to find...hey, one DVD?
WTF?

Turns out Best Buy is allegedly "experimenting" with store pickup things and the Avalon presence was a complete error.

So, I wait a half hour to find that information out, say, ok, well, can I get one of the titles that IS instore?

The guy at CS is willing to work with me, and by now I've been waiting for a solution for around an hour. The solution, apparently, is I can get the B1G1 deal instore for Boyz (present) and something else. Excuse me? What happened to "one minute or less"?
Sigh.

Thankfully they were willing to work with me and were very polite about it all.

But, be warned, apparently there are some funny things going on with the in-store inventory...

macnorton 12-03-07 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by blued888
Try doing it 2 at a time. I tried putting 2 pairs of B1G1 last night in my cart and only 1 out of the 2 supposedly free items was discounted.

Meaning what exactly?

An4h0ny 12-03-07 03:15 PM

Meaning what exactly?

put two of the 8.99 DVDs in your cart

one should say 0.00

check out

rinse and repeat

the bogo only works 2 at a time so you have to do separate orders

re: the in-store pickup, i was expecting a hassle since I swore I would never do a pickup at BB again after having horribly painful experiences in the past. For some reason this one went perfectly. After I handed over both email printouts, the employee walked over and grabbed a clear bag with all four DVDs and returned to start ringing them. I could see as soon as she grabbed them that they were all the SEs by their thickness, so I just kept my mouth shut and prayed that the computer wouldn't alert her to some kind of sale glitch.

the computer DID beep really loudly, several times when she was trying to ring me up, but maybe i was just being paranoid. i signed both CC slips and jetted.

then when i was walking out, the woman who checked my receipt held on to the bag for a good ten seconds with a confused look on her face while looking at the receipt. i thought "OK, here we go..." then she looked up and said "Dr STRANGElove. What's that one about?" i was like.. um.. it's an anti-war movie from the 60's.. Kubrick.. it's a comedy though." She remarked that she thought she had seen it a long time ago and possibly something else about Slim Pickens but I was already outside in the parking lot pumping my fist in the air with pure cheap DVD joy so I missed that part.

blued888 12-03-07 03:17 PM

Meaning what exactly?

If you're doing the B1G1 thing, put 2 items in a cart, then send your order for in-store pickup and then do another 2 items and so on. :D

macnorton 12-03-07 03:32 PM

Ok thanks. They might get wise to this...maybe?

PotVsKtl 12-03-07 04:16 PM

Wise to what? It's a sale.

An4h0ny 12-03-07 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by PotVsKtl
Wise to what? It's a sale.

I admit that I'm often wrong about things, but I really think this is a glitch

sometimes BB overlaps their sales on accident

They have a BOGO sale, and an 8.99 SE sale right now, but I don't think they intended for the SE's to cross over into the BOGO world. Since some of those, esp Black Hawk Down, at 9.00 might already be shaved down to a razor thin margin for Best Buy. Cut that in half and BB is losing money on each SE/B1G1 free purchase.

The main reason I think this is that not all the SEs work, only a few. Believe me, I tried. :)

Either way, 4.50 for a deluxe multi-disc edition of a great movie is sa-weeeeeeet.

New Rambler 12-03-07 07:28 PM

Dr. Strange Love, that's rich......

BobO'Link 12-03-07 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hilts
Really? When? Under what circumstances? Never had an issue with Amazon honoring a price for the 10 years I've been ordering from them.

It was a "glitch" with a B1G1 offer 12/23/06. Here is a longish thread about this:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=487954

The short version:

B1G1: Lower priced item was free. But, the glitch gave double the lowest priced item as a credit which caused an order to be completely free or only cost a dollar or two tops. Amazon discovers glitch and corrects by noonish on the same day. Apparently NONE of the orders get canceled and start to go out leading people to think they got in on a really cool glitch. However, a week to two later people started getting notices from Amazon that unless they returned the order unopened they would be charged for the price the shipment *should* have been (some had ordered 1 of every item on the list!). Return shipping would be credited back once it arrived or a pre-paid label would be supplied.

If you have a few minutes, you should read the thread. Very entertaining.

thursdaynighter 12-03-07 08:09 PM

I wish Bestbuy shipping wasn't so much...around $2 per movie! That's crazy. Most of the titles aren't available near me.

etcl 12-03-07 09:20 PM

my order just shipped ... hope they didnt pull out the wrong order for me ....

i ordered 2 copies of BHD and added also Fantastic Four Extended

Bird Boy 12-03-07 09:55 PM

Was able to get Black Hawk Down and Memento for $9ish picked up in store. No problems and they had the right DVDs pulled for me.

Thanks for the heads up about this, DarthScooby! Last thing I needed was to spend more money, but I could swing $9.

thursdaynighter 12-03-07 10:11 PM

No problem with me picking up Dr. Strangelove and Black hawk Down...thanks OP!

DarthScooby 12-03-07 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by etcl
my order just shipped ... hope they didnt pull out the wrong order for me ....

i ordered BHD and Fantastic Four Extended

FF Extended is a part of b1g1?...Tell me how, Please... :)

etcl 12-03-07 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by DarthScooby
FF Extended is a part of b1g1?...Tell me how, Please... :)

sorry dude,

FF Extended is not a part of the B1G1 free titles.

I got 2 copies of the BHD for the B1G1 promo and a FF Extended on top of that promo since 9 bucks is a good price for the FF

Abob Teff 12-03-07 10:54 PM

I misread that also -- I kept looking for Fantastic Four . . .