DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Best B&M price for Superbad 2-disc SE? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/518879-best-b-m-price-superbad-2-disc-se.html)

PJsig08 12-01-07 02:32 PM

Best B&M price for Superbad 2-disc SE?

Best price out there Tuesday?

riotinmyskull 12-01-07 02:45 PM

this isn't a request forum.

ericn101 12-01-07 02:48 PM

Isn't it faster to look at the BB CC Target postings, rather than start a new thread?

bigjim25 12-01-07 03:09 PM

Why you guys being so rude??? Anyway those posts don't have the price for single disc.

Target DVD Prices December 2-8,2007
Superbad *Theatrical Version* Low Price
Superbad Blu-Ray $29.99
Superbad: Deluxe Edition *Also includes 64-page book & 8 Superbad Stickers* $22.99

Best Buy DVD Prices December 2-8,2007
Superbad: 2 Disc Special Edition $22.99
*(Best Buy Exclusive T-Shirt (on pack) with purchase of either the 2 disc or extended editions)*
*Plus Get Superbad & either The Cable Guy or Not Another Teen Movie for $20 when purchase together*
Superbad Blu-Ray $29.99

Circuit City DVD Prices December 2-8,2007
Superbad *No Price Shown*
*Free Supderbad Beanie Cap with purchase of Superbad single DVD, Special Edition or Blu-Ray Disc*
Superbad: Special Edition $22.99

Personally I ordered the 2 Disc from Columbia House along with another 2 Disc DVD for $22.99 shipped. :up:
I can wait another week for it to get another DVD instead of the bonus crap. ;)

The Valeyard 12-01-07 03:22 PM

Just FYI:

Some K-Marts had the 2-Disc out early on Tuesday. SOME of them had a sticker price of $21.88. It rings up at $24 but if the sticker's on it, they'll adjust the price. So that MIGHT mean that when the DVD comes out this week (like it was supposed to), some K-Marts might have the wrong price on it.

islandclaws 12-01-07 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull

Do you even know how many threads are in here asking for the best B&M price on new releases?

Enough that you shouldn't make that comment.

SkullOrchard 12-01-07 05:44 PM

Since when?

toxie321 12-01-07 07:48 PM

He's looking for the best bargain. Why wouldn't it belong in the bargains forum?

scottp120 12-01-07 08:10 PM

Seems like $22.99 is the price everywhere (at least BB, CC, and Target).

Gizmo 12-01-07 08:19 PM

Blu-ray version for me. Sucks us HDM people never get any of these bonus things.

PJsig08 12-01-07 08:50 PM

Thanks to those who helped. Some of you seriously need to relax, it's a DVD bargains forum.

Gizmo 12-01-07 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Thanks to those who helped. Some of you seriously need to relax, it's a DVD bargains forum.

Its also not that tough to check 3 different threads for pricing. It would have taken you less time then typing out your post.

dx23 12-01-07 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ericn101
Isn't it faster to look at the BB CC Target postings, rather than start a new thread?

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Its also not that tough to check 3 different threads for pricing. It would have taken you less time then typing out your post.

The 3 posts are complete threadcraps with no reason. There has been numerous request in a daily basis for specific titles and other members have been happy to help. And since when BB, CC and Target are the only B&M stores. I think I have heard about Wal-Mart, Borders, FYE and other stores having competitive prices for new releases.

It irks me to see members of this forum being rude for no reason. Threadcrappers should learn not to post if they don't have anything useful to say. Just my 2 cents.

WillieMLF 12-01-07 10:17 PM

Y'all need to up your meds!

An4h0ny 12-01-07 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by scottp120
Seems like $22.99 is the price everywhere (at least BB, CC, and Target).

yeah, 22.99 at all B&M so far... with different bonus offers like T-shirts, etc...

i would watch Fry's, OP - if you have one around.

sometimes they do weird, crazy release day/week deals but they are random and on occasion not even advertised

bigjim25 12-01-07 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
It irks me to see members of this forum being rude for no reason. Threadcrappers should learn not to post if they don't have anything useful to say. Just my 2 cents.

Amen to that. :up:

toxie321 12-02-07 11:55 AM

Walmart's website shows it at 18.xx or 19.xx I can't remember. So maybe they will have that price or cheaper on Tuesday.

EDIT: Nevermind they have the 1-disc listed as 2-disc.

Gizmo 12-02-07 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
The 3 posts are complete threadcraps with no reason. There has been numerous request in a daily basis for specific titles and other members have been happy to help. And since when BB, CC and Target are the only B&M stores. I think I have heard about Wal-Mart, Borders, FYE and other stores having competitive prices for new releases.

In that case, we might as well just start a new thread every week for every new title being released asking where the best deal is at. Once again, 2 minutes of looking through this very forum would have gotten him the correct answer.

JB7 12-02-07 12:15 PM

Can't be any worse then when Heroes was released.

Maybe we need to start a price request thread? *shrugs*

PJsig08 12-02-07 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
In that case, we might as well just start a new thread every week for every new title being released asking where the best deal is at. Once again, 2 minutes of looking through this very forum would have gotten him the correct answer.

Time to head outside, get some fresh air. :)

Dane Marvin 12-02-07 01:42 PM

Normally I would be with Jim on just ordering the 2-disc DVD for the same price at Columbia House and getting another 2-disc DVD of my choice for FREE (plus free shipping), but everyone is making me go out and get it ON release day, so we can see it again. Sometimes impatience is expensive.

ENDContra 12-02-07 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Best Buy DVD Prices December 2-8,2007
Superbad: 2 Disc Special Edition $22.99
*(Best Buy Exclusive T-Shirt (on pack) with purchase of either the 2 disc or extended editions)*
*Plus Get Superbad & either The Cable Guy or Not Another Teen Movie for $20 when purchase together*
Superbad Blu-Ray $29.99

The way that reads, it sounds like I could save $3 by getting one of the added movies...I cant imagine thats really the case though, and maybe thats only for the 1-disc. Is there a way I can get in on that with the 2-disc? I actually wouldnt mind getting a copy of NATM.

Patman 12-02-07 02:51 PM

Anyone want to guess what size that Superbad t-shirt will be? I'm guessing a Large, which is just a bit too snug for moi.

Celpacius 12-02-07 04:31 PM

does the 64 p. booklet come with the bluray version in target?

PJsig08 12-03-07 01:42 PM

Kinda ridiculous that this 2-disc set is ~$22

They must know the demand for this one is huge.