James Bond Ultimate Collection Vol 1, 2, 3, 4 $18.99 each at CC

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

James Bond Ultimate Collection Vol 1, 2, 3, 4 $18.99 each at CC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-07, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the heads up, CaboWabo! Great deal...mine shipped today. Very pleased. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Old 11-25-07, 08:37 AM

Yup, same here. Got an email saying that all 4 have shipped along with everything else in my order. Again, Kudos to CC for making this available online. I am not a fan of CC but they do deserve some sort of credit for their online BF sales!
Old 11-25-07, 11:09 AM

This one's good...

I heard about this the night before and I had to work, so no chance of getting in on it. I drove by CC on the way to work and saw a line of people. I get off at 4:30 and head over there, and the place had been picked clean. I managed to find one copy of From the Earth to the Moon and House Season 2 for good cheap gifts and counted my blessings. That night my wife tells me that she got her parents a DVD player and it's my job to pick the DVDs, so I'm thinking I'll stop by CC tomorrow afternoon and pick up a handful of the cheap DVDs they have for $2.99-3.99. Get off work at 6:00 and go to CC. They still had plenty of the cheap dvds, so I grabbed Field of Dreams and a few others. I look in the boxset case to see what's left and...1-4 of Bond are setting there spine up. I snatched them and went to the front desk. I waited in line for twenty minutes, get to the check out and the lady rings me up. While she's scanning, an employee eyes the boxsets and freaks the hell out. He asks me where I got these, I said over in the bin. He shoots a look at the floor manager, then back to me: These were on hold for someone. Clearly him. I said sorry, but they were in the bin and I'm buying them. I'm leaving and the two guys are getting into it as I'm heading out the door. SWEET deal!! Thanks OP!
Old 11-25-07, 12:23 PM

All 4 of mine have shipped. Now its time to return my previous sets to Fry's. Thanks Cabo!!
Old 11-25-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you for the great tip CaboWabo! - was in line early on black friday and planned to get vol. 1 as that was the only one advertised in the ad, when I got inside they had vol. 1 and 3 in the box, didn't know that they were all on sale. Saw your post when we got home and went to CC site to order vol. 2 and 4.

the email I got says they will ship on the 28th and it gives an order number, so I hope they still have some to ship out. Thank you again Cabo!!!

Edit.. got email saying both volumes had shipped... Christmas has come early for all of us that got in on this deal!

Last edited by Doctor Gonzo; 11-25-07 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-25-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What an amazing price on these sets, I'm all over all 4 sets as gifts for my brother (I bought them for my collection during the Amazon.com $125 sale).

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-25-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
All these damn boxed sets I purchased over the last month. I had to buy a bookcase unit at IKEA, and guess what, it's full, and I'm gonna have to get another damn shelf.
Old 11-26-07, 10:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great price. I got mine during the Amazon sale earlier in the year for $125 and I thought that was a deal. A word of warning, though -- the quality control on these sets is not great, so be sure to take the time to check all the discs for damage when you get them. I had a bunch of scratched discs in my Amazon order, and when they sent a replacement set there were scratched discs in that one too. I had to pick and choose from both sets to make one good one.
Old 11-26-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I won't have a ton of floaters.
Old 11-26-07, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Yeah I hate floaters too. I have to flush twice and its such a waste of water.
Old 11-26-07, 07:40 PM

I ordered all 4 sets on Black Friday and they arrived in Silicon Valley, CA this afternoon. Not too bad on delivery speed. The box said they were mailed from Miami, Florida, so it doesn't get too much further here on the Continental US. Great deal, and I am a happy camper.
Old 11-26-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
There are two different types of slim cases that these may be shipped in: one set of hubs hold real well and nest together when closed, the other type holds poorly and the discs easily slip off the hub.
The other problem is they may send you two of the same discs in one title; i.e. 2 Dr. No movie discs and not a special features disc.
Old 11-26-07, 08:42 PM

Got my order today as well. No floaters from what I can tell and the sets look like they came straight from the pressing plant.
Old 11-26-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
There are two different types of slim cases that these may be shipped in: one set of hubs hold real well and nest together when closed, the other type holds poorly and the discs easily slip off the hub.
The other problem is they may send you two of the same discs in one title; i.e. 2 Dr. No movie discs and not a special features disc.
I'll certainly look each set over and make sure. Good thing this is CC and not an exclusively online store, because I can just go to a local B&M and exchange.
Old 11-27-07, 01:48 AM

Checked out all the discs in the set I got from CC on Friday. Found no floaters, scratches or wrong discs but I did note a variety of different cases amongst the double disc thinpacks. The one case for Goldeneye is not secure at all, so I guess I'll have to find a replacement thinpack for that one to avoid future problems.
Old 11-27-07, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't assume that you don't have scratched discs just because you don't have floaters. All of the scratched discs in my Bond sets were firmly secured in the cases when I got them.
Old 11-27-07, 02:59 PM
Cool New Member

I had picked up Vol 1 on BF and then saw this look and immeadiately ordered
Vol 2-4.

And they came today.

Pretty quick shipping
Old 12-04-07, 09:45 AM

Just got a notice that my backorders are shipping. I actually ordered the sets after the sale ended, but they were still the $18.99 price in my cart so I went ahead and checked out anyway. Really shouldn't have bought them, but...really. Why the hell not.
Old 12-04-07, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Linn1
I heard about this the night before and I had to work, so no chance of getting in on it. I drove by CC on the way to work and saw a line of people. I get off at 4:30 and head over there, and the place had been picked clean. I managed to find one copy of From the Earth to the Moon and House Season 2 for good cheap gifts and counted my blessings. That night my wife tells me that she got her parents a DVD player and it's my job to pick the DVDs, so I'm thinking I'll stop by CC tomorrow afternoon and pick up a handful of the cheap DVDs they have for $2.99-3.99. Get off work at 6:00 and go to CC. They still had plenty of the cheap dvds, so I grabbed Field of Dreams and a few others. I look in the boxset case to see what's left and...1-4 of Bond are setting there spine up. I snatched them and went to the front desk. I waited in line for twenty minutes, get to the check out and the lady rings me up. While she's scanning, an employee eyes the boxsets and freaks the hell out. He asks me where I got these, I said over in the bin. He shoots a look at the floor manager, then back to me: These were on hold for someone. Clearly him. I said sorry, but they were in the bin and I'm buying them. I'm leaving and the two guys are getting into it as I'm heading out the door. SWEET deal!! Thanks OP!
That seriously warmed my heart.

I love it when the customer wins!!!

and I love it even more when CC floor managers lose!

I share in your joy.
Old 12-04-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had all 4 sets on Backorder.

Received an email that Set #3 is shipping.
Old 12-04-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep got all 4 of my sets. I love them.
Old 12-04-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got all four last week and have been doing one movie a night, in chronological order with all the extras. Amazing discs, great packaging, and, most importantly, jaw-dropping restoration.
Old 12-04-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jmj713
Got all four last week and have been doing one movie a night, in chronological order with all the extras. Amazing discs, great packaging, and, most importantly, jaw-dropping restoration.
Yeah, I received Volumes 1-3 yesterday, and I was very impressed. I was also afraid of shipping mishappenings along the way but each volume was perfect. At least on the outside. I haven't cracked the seals yet.

They are so beauty-full.

Kudos to CC for shipping them without any damage. I just got notice Vol. 4 is shipping. Can't wait to see them in their new restoration. These volumes were a STEAL at $18.99, and I couldn't pass this up.
Old 12-05-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
I had all 4 sets on Backorder.

Received an email that Set #3 is shipping.
Just received confirmation that the other 3 sets shipped.
Old 12-05-07, 07:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I was waiting on Vol 4, they sent me an email saying my card could not be authorized (there is nothing wrong with my card, have used it since) for the charge and so they want me to create new order at new higher price. That sucks.

Last edited by mr_jbloggs; 12-05-07 at 01:11 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.