Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Costco - Fox Gift Sets $14.99(reg. 29.99)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-20-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw these on sale at Costco today, so get it while you can. I picked up everything but Borat and Spinal Tap, so I can answer questions about the other stuff.

The Devil Wears Prada - soundtrack, day planner

Borat - shirt, hat

Spinal Tap - soundtrack, shirt

Ice Age - both Ice Age movies, plush toy

Night At The Museum - 1 disc set, dinosaur book, glow in the dark dinosaur

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 3 disc anniversary edition(Rocky Horror 2 disc + Shock Treatment), soundtrack, prop kit(participation guide, party blower, rubber gloves, squirt gun, confetti)

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 11-23-07 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-20-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I might have to pick up Rocky Horror for my GF. What does the set look like?
Old 11-20-07, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw this today as well as the FOX TV box sets but there wasn't any sign that they had an instant rebate. I was waiting for a coupon for discounts on these sets.
Old 11-20-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
Wow I might have to pick up Rocky Horror for my GF. What does the set look like?
I can't find my camera right now but I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow unless someone can find an image.

Cardboard box with the lips on the front and a strip along the right showing what's included. The back shows everything including what's in the prop kit.

Nothing too special about the box itself.
Old 11-21-07, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When does this deal end?
Old 11-21-07, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh
When does this deal end?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Costco "deals" don't end on a certain day. The prices stay the same until the stock is gone.
Old 11-21-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JorgeC
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Costco "deals" don't end on a certain day. The prices stay the same until the stock is gone.
Depends on the deal. I don't know about this one though.
Old 11-21-07, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JorgeC
If that's what happens. Otherwise they all usually have and end date where the same titles go back to regular price. Usually for only a week or two and then they are pulled to make room for new titles.
Old 11-21-07, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by cardaway
If that's what happens. Otherwise they all usually have and end date where the same titles go back to regular price. Usually for only a week or two and then they are pulled to make room for new titles.
I would say that's correct for new releases, but the low price titles they bring into the store after release date (such as Buffy and Angel titles last year) were $15.99 until they were all gone. I actually saw a couple of Veronica Mars S2 for $22.88 (?) which is what I bought it for late last year (or maybe earlier this year...) because it was still on the floor.
Old 11-21-07, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting the deal - picked up "Rocky Horror/Shock Treatment". Was tempted to go with "Borat", but the extras (a t-shirt & a hat) are reeeeeeaaally ugly. "Night at the Museum" seems like the most substantive deal in this batch - it comes with a toy dino skeleton and a DK book on prehistoric creatures. I would've went for that if my very young son were a little older - I doubt I'd care for the movie right now.
Old 11-22-07, 07:20 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. We were heading up to Costco to take care of some Thanksgiving shopping and figured I'd stop by and check out the deal. Sure enough, even though there was no signage making customers aware of it, I managed to pick up the 'Ice Age' set that comes complete with a plush toy and t-shirt for my son for Christmas.
Old 11-22-07, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
When does this deal end?
This deal WILL end. The items are tagged $29.99 and there's a $15 instant rebate (that's completely unadvertised, at my store at least) which kicks in at checkout (like usual, you'll pay sales tax on the pre-rebate price). Those will end on a certain day, but without any signage, I don't know when.

About the Night at the Museum set : Are you sure it's the 2-disc set? It's not mentioned anywhere on the packaging and the picture of the DVD enclosed within seems to look like the regular edition. Please let me know anyone...
Old 11-22-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Decker
About the Night at the Museum set : Are you sure it's the 2-disc set? It's not mentioned anywhere on the packaging and the picture of the DVD enclosed within seems to look like the regular edition.
That's what I thought when I looked at the back. Though, I didn't know about the sale either.

Stupid Costco and their lack of signage.
Old 11-22-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
That's what I thought when I looked at the back. Though, I didn't know about the sale either.

Stupid Costco and their lack of signage.
So did you buy and open it? I bought it as a gift for my daughter, but really wanted the 2-disc set.
Old 11-23-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So did you buy and open it? I bought it as a gift for my daughter, but really wanted the 2-disc set.
Doh, looks like it's the single disc.
Old 11-23-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So did you buy and open it?
At (what I thought was) $29.99, I looked at it and put it down. That it looks like it includes the single disc DVD didn't make the $29.99 price that attractive..
Old 11-23-07, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Under the stack of these things, there should be a sign stating a instant 15.00 dollar rebate. This also states the sale lasts until 12/02/07