$5.00 MFR. Off Coupons for Transformers & Shrek The Third HD DVD's

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$5.00 MFR. Off Coupons for Transformers & Shrek The Third HD DVD's

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on buying The Bourne Ultimatum & Transformers and use the $5 coupon on Transformers and also try and use the 10% Best Buy coupon for the total and see what happens. The way I figure it should be like this...

Bourne Ultimatum......... $29.99
Transformers............... $29.99
Total..........................$59.98
B1G1 Free Discount..... -$29.99
SubTotal.....................$29.99
Best Buy Coupon....... - $ 3.00
SubTotal.....................$26.99
Transformers Coupon....-$ 5.00
Total..........................$21.99

I will hand over the 10% off coupon 1st then the $5 coupon after and see what happens. Sweet deal if it goes thru...

Last edited by StrTrkker; 12-14-07 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-15-07, 06:08 AM

I was planning on trying the same thing with bourne and shrek. My guess is they won't take the 10% off.
Old 12-16-07, 11:06 AM

I printed the coupon out in B&W since the colors seemed to be off in color printing. At first the cashier said the coupon was "not good with other offers" as printed on the coupon. I told her that meant with other manufacturer's offers. She called somebody over and they accepted the coupon. Had to key it in manually as the coupon wouldn't scan. So I got Shrek the Third and Spiderman 3 both in high def, both for $27 and some change.
Old 12-16-07, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by StrTrkker
I plan on buying The Bourne Ultimatum & Transformers and use the $5 coupon on Transformers and also try and use the 10% Best Buy coupon for the total and see what happens. The way I figure it should be like this...

Bourne Ultimatum......... $29.99
Transformers............... $29.99
Total..........................$59.98
B1G1 Free Discount..... -$29.99
SubTotal.....................$29.99
Best Buy Coupon....... - $ 3.00
SubTotal.....................$26.99
Transformers Coupon....-$ 5.00
Total..........................$21.99

I will hand over the 10% off coupon 1st then the $5 coupon after and see what happens. Sweet deal if it goes thru...
After several issues and much confusion, my Bourne and Shrek did finally get rung up like this this morning--both for $22--what a deal!
Old 12-16-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyle
I was planning on trying the same thing with bourne and shrek. My guess is they won't take the 10% off.
The system definitely will not automatically take the 10% off with the B1G1F, but there is always a chance of getting a cashier to override it. Huge YMMV, but it could work... The $5 coupon has a higher chance of success (if buying Shrek 3 or Transformers). Anyone have success getting B1G1F on both of these titles and using TWO coupons, thus paying only $19.99 + tax?
Old 12-16-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wasted about 10 minutes searching every page of my newspaper for these coupons. Were they only printed in the OP's newspaper (Orange County?) or have other people been finding them in other areas of the country?

Which section of the paper were they in? Were they a standalone insert or part of a coupon booklet?

Without the originals, I'd be very surprised if anyone accepts mine since all stores in my area do everything humanly possible to get out of allowing any deals or pricematches.
Old 12-16-07, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I wasted about 10 minutes searching every page of my newspaper for these coupons. Were they only printed in the OP's newspaper (Orange County?) or have other people been finding them in other areas of the country?

Which section of the paper were they in? Were they a standalone insert or part of a coupon booklet?

Without the originals, I'd be very surprised if anyone accepts mine since all stores in my area do everything humanly possible to get out of allowing any deals or pricematches.
I got my coupons from the Chicago Tribune 3-4 weeks ago.

BTW... This was an insert with the advertisements.

Last edited by kansai999; 12-16-07 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-16-07, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by kansai999
I got my coupons from the Chicago Tribune 3-4 weeks ago.
Yep. I got mine from the Trib also a few weeks ago and used it today with no problems. The 10% off coupon wouldnt work so I got both The Bourne Ultimatum & Transformers for $27+ so each DVD costs me a about $14.50 each. A pretty good deal...
Old 12-17-07, 12:28 PM

I went in and picked up Transformers, Shrek the Third, Bourne Ultimatum, and Harry Potter OotP. I tried to use the $5 coupons for Transformers and Shrek the Third, but they kept coming up as $0.00. She handed one back saying it wouldn't work because the movie was ringing up at $0.00. But neither coupon seemed to be working. I asked if she could ring them up so that the two I had coupons for wouldn't be the free ones, so she gladly cleared some of the movies out and rang them up seperately (Shrek the Third and Bourne Ultimatum on one transaction and Transformers and Harry Potter on the other). The coupons still wouldn't work, and the clerk said that she didn't know if she could use the coupon because of the deal and that they had to be the same price. I told her they were for equal or lesser value, so she just marked $5 off Shrek the Third manually. But when she did the Transformers/Harry Potter, Transformers was the free one (I don't know if it was because she rang Harry Potter up 1st or because it was the higher one). I wasn't going to argue the point of ringing up Transformers up first, since it was supposed to be the free one. But she ended up knocking $5 off of Harry Potter to make up the difference!
Old 12-17-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This one worked for me at my store with absolutely no problems. Handed over Shrek and Bourne with UPCs up and Shrek on top to scan first. Handed over the coupon and total after tax was $27.05 for both.

In fact, I was holding my "mystery bucks" coupon to find out how much it was, and the cashier offered to apply that one as well, but a computer error came up that said it was "not combineable with current promotions".

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-17-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought the exact same items on 2 separate transactions just like obidawsn. I handed the least expensive first (Transformers) and then Harry Potter. Then I handed the $5 off Transformers coupon. It scanned as $0. The rep called the manager who instantly denied the coupon as not combinable with BOGO. I tried the 10% off coupon and was denied that (as expected), and I was charged for the more expensive item (Harry Potter) even though that was scanned last. That's why I call my store "Best Deny". While lots of other people have success with coupons, I don't. The only time a coupon works for me is if the computer allows it. Otherwise, I'm denied and I can't exactly argue because the coupons say not combinable with other offers. I just think to myself "it's amazing how so many other people post that they are able to get the coupons to work or have flexible reps willing to manually deduct coupons".
Old 12-17-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
I bought the exact same items on 2 separate transactions just like obidawsn. I handed the least expensive first (Transformers) and then Harry Potter. Then I handed the $5 off Transformers coupon. It scanned as $0. The rep called the manager who instantly denied the coupon as not combinable with BOGO. I tried the 10% off coupon and was denied that (as expected), and I was charged for the more expensive item (Harry Potter) even though that was scanned last. That's why I call my store "Best Deny". While lots of other people have success with coupons, I don't. The only time a coupon works for me is if the computer allows it. Otherwise, I'm denied and I can't exactly argue because the coupons say not combinable with other offers. I just think to myself "it's amazing how so many other people post that they are able to get the coupons to work or have flexible reps willing to manually deduct coupons".
I'm with you on this one. My experience was almost identical, except they refused to call a manager. She claimed to be the manager on duty (her nametag said differently), and said they were "too busy to call anyone else." Thankfully, I never have to go to this BB again. I'm out of state right now, and will hopefully never return to Salt Lake City again... I've had nothing but bad experiences here...
Old 12-18-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
The coupon worked fine in Nashua, NH today. Gave them 'Transformers' first which rang up at $29.99, then the $5 coupon which changed the total to $24.99. Then added in 'The Bourne Ultimatum' which rang up at $0.00.

$24.99 was the final total for both.