Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Seinfeld exclusive Sony Style dvd set

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seinfeld exclusive Sony Style dvd set

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...mber=SPHE23678

This set looks like it has all the same extras as the complete series dvd, with nicer packaging, except one item that is exclusive to the Sony Style $400 set:

Exclusive dedicated bonus DVD features an entire cast table read (May 2007).

This means that the cast got together this year to re-read an old episode, right? WOW! That is not in any of the other DVD sets. Does anybody have this one? I really think the bonus dvd would be awesome to see but I mean, $400?

thanks,
inkybrown
Old 11-16-07, 11:16 PM

I did some more searching for the entire cast table read and it would appear that the complete series sold in Australia includes this extra dvd (bringing the total to 33 dvds). I found this on several Australian websites like this: http://www.sanity.com.au/product/pro...sp?sku=2099933
I wonder...is this different from all the other bonus dvds?
Old 11-16-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love Seinfeld and I love cool exclusives... but $400?!? Sony can suck it.
Old 11-16-07, 11:26 PM

$400? Does it come with a coupon for fellatio by Julia Louis-Dreyfus or something? Jeez, this needs to stay far, far away from Bargains.
Old 11-16-07, 11:54 PM

so THAT'S why they didn't make the coffee-table book with stands that turn into a coffee table... they wanted to save it for sony style stores and ridiculously overcharge for it.
Old 11-17-07, 07:16 AM

I am a huge fan of Seinfeld. Big enough that I am even considering this Sony set. Something told me not to buy this latest set when it came out. I was very tempted by the Best Buy Refrigerator, but it looked chinsy to me.
This on the other hand, this looks awesome.
I'm even considering opening a Sony Credit line to get no interest until 2009 and pay this off over the next 12 months at $36 a month.

Am I crazy for considering this??
Old 11-17-07, 08:18 AM

Can anyone confirm that coupon?
Old 11-17-07, 09:30 AM

I'd be willing to bet that this is the same bonus disc that comes with every complete set, just described differently.
Old 11-17-07, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
I am a huge fan of Seinfeld. Big enough that I am even considering this Sony set. Something told me not to buy this latest set when it came out. I was very tempted by the Best Buy Refrigerator, but it looked chinsy to me.
This on the other hand, this looks awesome.
I'm even considering opening a Sony Credit line to get no interest until 2009 and pay this off over the next 12 months at $36 a month.

Yep, pretty much.
Old 11-17-07, 10:23 AM

You could buy an actual coffee table for less than that set.
Old 11-17-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2

If you are the hugest fan on the planet, I don't think it's crazy at all. It's a nice set, just about $250 too expensive for me. Even though you essentially already have two replies suggesting you are crazy for considering this, a simple stroll down DVDTALK's various DVD forums will suggest to you that there are people here far more crazier than you when it comes to making purchases related to DVDs.
Old 11-17-07, 11:00 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
I think I'm perhaps the biggest exclusive sucker in the world, but $200 would be my limit here.

The BB set was a bit chinsy looking, but it was actually cheaper than the complete set by itself.
Old 11-17-07, 12:28 PM

exclusive DVD?

Originally Posted by gjamesm
I'd be willing to bet that this is the same bonus disc that comes with every complete set, just described differently.
Well that's what I'm trying to find out. It would be really sneaky of them to make it sound like an exclusive. But they do make it sound different from the regular bonus DVD. An entire cast table read means something different from a round-table discussion. If anybody gets this set, please let me know if it's the same DVD or truly an exclusive!
Old 11-17-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inkybrown
Well that's what I'm trying to find out. It would be really sneaky of them to make it sound like an exclusive. But they do make it sound different from the regular bonus DVD. An entire cast table read means something different from a round-table discussion. If anybody gets this set, please let me know if it's the same DVD or truly an exclusive!
And then they could sell us each cop, er, backups for $5 each and make their $400 back. I'm just kidding of course... I think. Am I?
Seriously though, I bet it is the same DVD described incorrectly...
Old 11-17-07, 02:14 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
And then they could sell us each cop, er, backups for $5 each and make their $400 back. I'm just kidding of course... I think. Am I?
Seriously though, I bet it is the same DVD described incorrectly...
Count me in for two!

I hope you're right, mistake in the description.
Old 11-17-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
Exclusive dedicated bonus DVD features an entire cast table read (May 2007)
that is definitely a poorly-worded description of the bonus dvd that comes with every complete series set. it was a roundtable discussion from May of this year, 9 years after the airing of the final episode. i don't believe it's something else exclusive to sonystyle, otherwise they would list both the bonus disc that comes with every complete series and the additional bonus disc in the sonystyle set.
Old 11-17-07, 09:23 PM

I was in a Sony Style store at the mall this afternoon and I am almost positive that the bonus disc described is the same as every set. From what I could tell, the only thing exclusive to this set is a wooden box with four legs and a little gold plaque on the inside of the box. I thought it was pretty lame. Give me the fridge set any day...Especially for $230 less.
Old 11-18-07, 11:23 AM

can anyone tell me how many were made? I got a myspace message from the seinfeld profile saying 230, but it doesn't say anywhere on the sony style website.....
Old 11-18-07, 12:22 PM

Sony is the cup in 2girls1cup.
Old 11-18-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The price on this set is outrageous, but I can see how a huge fan of the show would purchase this.

I just read through the majority of the coffee table book from my set and it's comic gold. I love this set!