DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Buy 1 get 1 Free Blu-ray at Deepdiscount (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/516811-buy-1-get-1-free-blu-ray-deepdiscount.html)

toogood 11-09-07 05:30 PM

Buy 1 get 1 Free Blu-ray at Deepdiscount

Credit goes to dallow of CAGs.

Deepdiscount Sale

Use coupon code: BOGODISBR (will not stack with the current 20% off codes)

Annapolis
Apocalypto
Bridge to Terabithia
Brothers Grimm
Casanova
Chicago
Chicken Little
Dark Water
Deja Vu
Dinosaur
Eight Below
Enemy of the State
Finding Neverland
Flightplan
G.I. Jane
Glory Road
Goal! The Dream Begins
Gone in 60 Seconds
Great Raid
Guardian
Haunted Mansion
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Invincible
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
King Arthur
Ladder 49
Lookout
Pearl Harbor
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Prestige
Primeval
Queen
Reign of Fire
Remember the Titans
Roving Mars
Sky High
Wild Hogs
Wild

Jim 11-09-07 05:36 PM

The question is, can anyone get the BOGO code to actually work?

sociopharm02 11-09-07 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jim

no luck here

BiMonSciFiCon 11-09-07 05:39 PM

I get a message that says:

The coupon BOGODISBR is not valid.

toogood 11-09-07 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jim

Clear your cart, close your browser try again. The code should work then.

Jim 11-09-07 05:44 PM

Still no go. By closing my browser and then going back to the cart the discount shows up, but as soon as I login it says the code is invalid and bumps the price up. I've tried it with both IE and Firefox.

monkstah 11-09-07 05:46 PM

Yeah code is popping as no good for me either in Firefox or IE.

toogood 11-09-07 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
Still no go. By closing my browser and then going back to the cart the discount shows up, but as soon as I login it says the code is invalid and bumps the price up. I've tried it with both IE and Firefox.

You're right. Couldn't check out either. I'll drop DD an email and hope they'll fix it soon.

Jim 11-09-07 05:55 PM

I read on another forum that someone called in and was able to get the deal, but they weren't able to combine it with the 20% off.

Jim 11-09-07 07:45 PM

If I login first, put 2 of the titles in my cart, add the code, and then close the tab (without logging out of DD) I seem to be able to get it to work. I then open a new tab in the browser, go to the DD page, and go to my cart, I can then get to the Final Order Review page and it shows the discount. I haven't made a purchase yet so there still may be some issue when the Complete Checkout button is pressed.

BuckNaked2k 11-09-07 07:46 PM

There goes Blu-ray, doing another BOGO sale....

JimRochester 11-09-07 07:53 PM

couldn't get it to work

tpan413 11-09-07 09:14 PM

Got it to work by putting items in cart and coming back and forth to the link in the forum:

Order Summary
Item Total: $93.44
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
Discount: -45.78
Tax: 0.00

Order Total:
$47.66

PRODUCT SHIPPING QUANTITY TOTAL
Finding Neverland [Blu-ray Disc]
$21.95 Standard Shipping
1 FREE
The Great Raid [Blu-ray Disc]
$23.83 Standard Shipping
1 FREE
The Guardian [Blu-ray Disc]
$23.83 Standard Shipping
1 $23.83
Pearl Harbor [Blu-ray Disc]
$23.83 Standard Shipping
1 $23.83

PopcornTreeCt 11-09-07 09:16 PM

DeepDiscount is about 3 weeks too late.

bertobarto 11-09-07 09:49 PM

I put the Bluray discs in my cart. Tidied it up and removed any dvds or what not. Closed out the window, and reclicked the link above. Then clicked on the cart. Discount was taken off. Don't know why it doesn't work if you just click on the code but whatever. Never did get around getting the two Pirates movies from Amazon b/c I never bother hunting a filler to get me over 25, so I may give this a go. Thanks op

BiMonSciFiCon 11-09-07 10:04 PM

OK this worked for me too. Like previously mentioned - After placing items in the cart, close window and then click on the link above so that he discount will appear. Cool. Thanx OP

BKenn01 11-09-07 10:30 PM

Can someone at DD fix this so that the discount works! Please.

Silver5656 11-09-07 11:51 PM

hmmmmmm the math doesnt seem to add up

advdfreak 11-10-07 04:54 AM

I finally got it to work. I got The Pirates Of The Caribbean movies. I don't have a Blu-ray player yet, but I will have after Christmas. Great deal! Thanks!

Gypo66 11-10-07 09:51 AM

Man - this is totally wonky. I got the discount to apply after much fooling around, but when the next-to-last confirm payment page appeared, the discount had vanished.

I'd really like to snag the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-rays, but it's not looking good...

justbarelymovin 11-10-07 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
There goes Blu-ray, doing another BOGO sale....

Sounds good to me!

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
DeepDiscount is about 3 weeks too late.

Not for some of us. ;)

-----

It helps to log in first.

The first time, I added two to my cart, then applied the coupon code, then closed the browser, reopened it, went to my cart, and the discount was there. Then, when I tried to log in, it told me that the code was invalid (same at checkout). I logged in, then closed the browser, applied the coupon again, closed the browser, then reopened it and went to my cart. This time, because I had already logged in, the discount was applied, and it showed up during the confirmation and final order confirmation pages.

Like I said, it definitely helps to log in first. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Grabbed both Pirates movies for $24.xx! Thanks, OP.

hellmutt 11-10-07 11:02 AM

If you think the math doesn't add up, it's because it's taking off the cheapest price. BOGO is not the same as buy 2 at half price.

I successfully ordered Pirates 3 and Apocalypto. Thanks for the heads up!

As the other poster said, it's not too late! Especially for people like me who missed the last round while travelling on the road.

Legolas 11-10-07 12:29 PM

These are the exact same titles that are always B1G1F. At this rate, every Blu-Ray owner will own every single one of these titles. They'll be like the Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt of high def movies. :)

Still waiting for the HD-DVD snob to come in here and say sales like these are only because of how weak Blu-Ray is and that it's a sign of their desperation, and that paying $30 per title for quality HD-DVD movies are well worth it.

DeepDiscount 11-10-07 12:34 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure where this link came from but this will not be an active promotion until Monday.

Thanks

Dave

DVD Polizei 11-10-07 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
Still waiting for the HD-DVD snob to come in here and say sales like these are only because of how weak Blu-Ray is and that it's a sign of their desperation, and that paying $30 per title for quality HD-DVD movies are well worth it.

Don't hold your breath.

I'm waiting for the B1G1 HD DVD sale. :up:

Btw, I pay on average, $15-17 per HD DVD title. Not $30. Not including CC's B1G1 screw-up HD DVD sale (like getting Transformers for $12.99...), and not including Amazon's sale of HD DVDs a while back. :)