Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Old 11-18-07, 09:07 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Nothing too exciting, but I placed another small order tonight:

1 FXD006082 DVD : LAURA $ 8.73 Avl 11/28
1 FXD033364 DVD : TITUS (2D/SE) $ 6.62 In-stock
1 WBD017427 DVD : HORROR-4 FILM FAVORITES $ 9.99 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 25.34
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 25.34
Old 11-18-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shack
Nothing too exciting, but I placed another small order tonight:
DVD : TITUS (2D/SE) $ 6.62 In-stock
That's a damn good price for an excellent set.
Old 11-18-07, 09:24 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
That's a damn good price for an excellent set.
Yeah, I've had a friend's copy for ages now. It's cheap enough that I can give his back!
Old 11-18-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ginwen
They don't wait, they ship as available, but you won't get the discount on pre-orders, so if it is for Tuesday stuff you should wait to order (but since shipping is free on any amount, you can always order the other stuff now).

Since they don't have an option to hold until the order is complete (like Amazon does) if you pay for upgraded shipping you'll only get it on the first shipment. I never pay for that since if I'm in a rush I don't really buy at DD anyway, so that doesn't effect me.
it wasn't 20% sale stuff it was part of the B0G0 blu rays ... resident evil and the free title was replacement killers...i placed two separate orders all at the same time those shipped already ... so i don't know what is taking this order so long to ship...
Old 11-18-07, 10:10 PM
Banned

Lol
Old 11-18-07, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
And neither order was listed as backordered at the time of purchase. Therefore, it's not like I would've known I would not be receiving those items via priority shipping at the time of order.

Either way, it's a done deal. DDD acknowledged it and corrected it for me, and I'm pleased with them.
and this we recall ...
So once again, yet ANOTHER terrible experience with DDD.

The Planet Earth set that I had ordered but was backordered shipped out yesterday via Media Mail. I paid for 2-5 day shipping, which I got with the first half of the order. I didn't pay for half the order to ship that way, I paid for the full order to ship that way.

Unbelievable, and unacceptable. I gave this place another chance...looks like that was a foolish mistake. Never again
terrible experience !!!!!!

happy !!!!

pleased !!!!!!

all for a measly $5.95 shipping !!!!!!!!

In any case - items which are potentially on BACKORDER do not always show having this state in the final ordering page. If it's IN STOCK it will show. 2 items on my order didn't have this - RATATOUILLE was one such title - and upon shipping another title was on 'backorder'.

Do you HONESTLY that ALL your items would be available and none would be backordered - more so in this 20% sale PERIOD ?? Thousands of orders - and YOU expect to get all yours at once !!??!!. Amazing. I would suspect that many of us have had orders shipped with item on backorder.

All for a measly $5.95 !!

1 You get 20% off normally discounted prices - I'm sure that you would have saved more than $5.95 on your orders
2 Paid a SMALL amount for priority shipping
3 Got all your items BAR ONE on time
4 Then complain about some title being backordered - and having ONE TITLE shipped INDIVIDUALLY
5 Complain about getting a refund - even though you have gotten your service as per the policies of DD
6 Get refunded for whining
6 Turn around from saying 'terrible experience' to 'done deal' and that 'DD corrected' - though nothing was EVERY WRONG.

How many others have whined here about 'backorders' - getting huge discounts and worrying about $5.95 ??

Do you know WHO IS OUT OF POCKET in your case ? DD.

If anyone from DeepDiscount is reading this ..... I'm sure that you must be shaking your head wondering why you deal with some people !!

finally - the most stupidest comment on this site EVER:
What if I placed an order for expedited shipping for 5 DVDs, and all of them were backordered? I'd be out the shipping cost.
ERR - NO.
THEY'LL SHIP IT EXPEDITED / PRIORITY WHEN THEY ALL COME BACK IN-STOCK.

Last edited by tonyjg; 11-18-07 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-18-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

I never once complained about "some title being backordered" or having one title shipped individually. Plain and simple.

Of course I don't view it as a terrible experience anymore. The initial post was before the problem was, in my eyes, corrected.

DD reimbursed me for shipping. They did not have to do that. They chose to do that, I believe, because they value their customers. To me, that's the sign of a good business, and pleases me. They have won my business from this point forward with that good-faith gesture.

Also, since you say that I couldn't honestly believe none of my titles would be backordred...I've placed six other orders of comparable size during these various 20% off sales, and have never had a title backordered until now. And again, I don't mind the backorder. I was pleased as well with the Planet Earth situation, as they received it in a full week before they expected to.

I get that you're upset that I didn't just go along with it, but you're starting to turn it into a crusade. Please stop.
Old 11-18-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tonyjg
finally - the most stupidest comment on this site ever:

ERR - NO.
THEY'LL SHIP IT EXPEDITED WHEN THEY ALL COME BACK IN-STOCK.
Really no need for personal insults here.
Old 11-18-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
it wasn't 20% sale stuff it was part of the B0G0 blu rays ... resident evil and the free title was replacement killers...i placed two separate orders all at the same time those shipped already ... so i don't know what is taking this order so long to ship...
It's hard to guess, could be out of stock, might have shipped without an email (happens during these sales), or just for some mysterious reason.

Edit: Just checked Resident Evil isn't released until January according to their site (I don't know about Blu-Ray so don't know if this is correct or not), and replacement killers is out of stock. So that's why.

Last edited by Ginwen; 11-18-07 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-18-07, 11:24 PM

Really no need for personal insults here.
this is definitely not an insult.

its stating the facts.

I'm up for supporting online businesses and seeing that they stay in business - especially for us international guys. What I feel that many on here don't like are comments directed at businesses which are like 'terrible experience'. I'm not alone at that.

I'm here to SUPPORT DeepDiscount - and am highly grateful for there bi-annual sales. I don't see you thanking them.
Old 11-18-07, 11:30 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by tonyjg
this is definitely not an insult.

its stating the facts.

I'm up for supporting online businesses and seeing that they stay in business - especially for us international guys. What I feel that many on here don't like are comments directed at businesses which are like 'terrible experience'. I'm not alone at that.

I'm here to SUPPORT DeepDiscount - and am highly grateful for there bi-annual sales. I don't see you thanking them.
While I agree with you and say DeepDiscount is awesome, the fact that you prefaced your statement with "the stupidest comment on here" makes it a personal insult, when it didn't need to be.

Everyone has issues at some point in time with any company, it's how the company treats you during or after an issue that makes you stay with them or otherwise. I think DD does a great job taking care of their customers.

I have one more order forthcoming for "The Batman - Season 4" when it becomes available on Tuesday, so I can get 20% off. Thanks to Deep Discount.
Old 11-18-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by monkstah
Everyone has issues at some point in time with any company, it's how the company treats you during or after an issue that makes you stay with them or otherwise. I think DD does a great job taking care of their customers.
EXACTLY.

Just because one person has no issues with DDD and is here to support them doesn't mean I'm going to blindly do so. I had a problem about 1-2 years ago with DDD that was resolved in a very unsatisfactory way (was misled about an item being shipped, and took six weeks to get a refund upon returning the item), and stayed away until this. My initial reaction to the situation was "great, here we go again", but to my pleasant surprise, I was taken care of. Some may not feel I had a legitimate complaint to begin with, and that's fine - the bottom line is that as a customer, I was satisfied with DDD's attempt at resolving my concern. Therefore, they have earned my business.
Old 11-19-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

please see part 2 at http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8299880