Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bookcase3
How do you know how your order is shipped? Mine shipped Friday and I still haven't received it. I'm salivating listening to all the others who've received boxes.
Sometimes they send you a shipping email, sometimes they don't even if your package actually did go out, so you can't reliably wait on those all the time. THe best way is to click on the "Your Account" link at the bottom of the DD pages and check the shipping status there
Old 11-15-07, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not buying in this sale as well, just like last one...
Old 11-15-07, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
So once again, yet ANOTHER terrible experience with DDD.

The Planet Earth set that I had ordered but was backordered shipped out yesterday via Media Mail. I paid for 2-5 day shipping, which I got with the first half of the order. I didn't pay for half the order to ship that way, I paid for the full order to ship that way.

Unbelievable, and unacceptable. I gave this place another chance...looks like that was a foolish mistake. Never again.
OMG - get a grip on yourself - the world is ending - we're all doomed I tell you !! doomed !!

My heart bleeds for you that you PAID for express shipping - and that some 'back-ordered' titles have come via slow mail (and did you happen to pay anything more for these ??). There are OTHERS mind you that have to PAY for shipping ALL THE TIME - us international guys !! We dont get free shipping (added - that the US postal service put their prices up - which has been reflected in NEARLY ALL ONLINE STORES CHARGING MORE FOR POSTAGE - or that stores have increasing their stock prices or reduced their discount !!)

And what ??? - your order takes a few extra days to get to you ..... so what... in a years time when the DVDs are sittiing on your shelves not watched for a long while - will you actually care ????

terrible experience ??? oh the pain .... the pain.
Old 11-15-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bohemian1
Why? Will you buy anything in June 2008 or November 2008?

Old 11-15-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyjg
And what ??? - your order takes a few extra days to get to you ..... so what... in a years time when the DVDs are sittiing on your shelves not watched for a long while - will you actually care ????
That's about it too.

I'm curious if on-line sites like DD will be seeing a huge bump in international orders now with the US Dollar heading for gutter.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 11-15-07 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by bohemian1
thank you for your contribution to this thread. thank you.

I am compiling stuff for my 2nd order to be placed later tonight. Hoping to see something in other peoples' orders to see if I missed anything.
Old 11-15-07, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I'm curious if on-line sites like DD will be seeing a huge bump in international orders now with the US Dollar heading for gutter.
Not from me - since I've been price-watching my wishlist for 12mths - and saw a 10-30% rise in nearly all titles.

It's not the few cents or dollars that they have gone up - just the 'principle' !!! Like - a budget title going up 30% - and then buying it on a 20% off sale - now - that doesnt make much sense (but a lot are doing that )

however the rising Aussie $ and falling Greenback makes a U.S. trip easier on the wallet !!!!
Old 11-15-07, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
Yes they are. Here is Dave's post from the first page confirming it. As always just double check to confirm the discount was applied before placing the order.
Thanks. My game does appear in the "fun stuff" section, so I guess it should be eligible. moviexchange might want to revise this part of his FAQ, in that case.
Q What about non DVD item on the DD site?
A Media storage (racks and cases), UMD's and posters have traditionally been part of the sale. Toys and video games have never been a part of the sale. Books and CD's are not part of the sale either, but in the Summer 2007 sale DD lowered the prices on thousands of selected books and CD's by 20%.
Old 11-15-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know for certain what kind of shipping method DDD uses for DVD/CD storage units? I would assume UPS, but I cannot find any specific information on their site to support that assumption. The order page simply refers to "standard shipping" which of course is always US Postal Service media rate when you order DVD's there.

I want to put in an order for a media storage unit, but I would have to use a different address if they ship UPS, since my normal (DVD) purchases from DDD go to my PO box. So if anyone has ordered a storage unit from DDD in the past, I would appreciate the info.
Old 11-15-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Has anyone received The Monster Legacy set yet? Was there any problems with loose discs? I remember there being that issue when it was first released. And so I bought it in store instead(after personally checking boxes for rattling discs). Anyway I sold the set last year to make some extra money. And since it's only $31 with discount on DD. It's a steal to pick up,and I mss the films!
Old 11-15-07, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Order arrived today into Canada - UPS

Originally Posted by howwon
My order was placed on Nov 8, 11:55pm and I received the shipping notification today at 3:40pm.
UPS Canada left a delivery notice in my mail box today. I called and had them re-route the package to my work for tomorrow.

Woohoo
Old 11-15-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Does anyone know for certain what kind of shipping method DDD uses for DVD/CD storage units? I would assume UPS, but I cannot find any specific information on their site to support that assumption. The order page simply refers to "standard shipping" which of course is always US Postal Service media rate when you order DVD's there.

I want to put in an order for a media storage unit, but I would have to use a different address if they ship UPS, since my normal (DVD) purchases from DDD go to my PO box. So if anyone has ordered a storage unit from DDD in the past, I would appreciate the info.
I believe they use drop ship for larger items.
Old 11-15-07, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend

I ordered one a few sales ago, and when the unit eventually shipped, it came via UPS directly from the manufacturer. I ordered one of the Leslie Dame spinners, and I believe it arrived in 2 very heavy boxes. If you do order one, keep an eye on your order to make sure it ships. I had to call DD three times to get the item to actually ship, they kept telling me that they had sent the order to the manufacturer, and after a few calls discovered that my order was stuck in backorder limbo, so it finally shipped about 8 weeks after the sale.
Old 11-15-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by meglet
I ordered one a few sales ago, and when the unit eventually shipped, it came via UPS directly from the manufacturer. I ordered one of the Leslie Dame spinners, and I believe it arrived in 2 very heavy boxes. If you do order one, keep an eye on your order to make sure it ships. I had to call DD three times to get the item to actually ship, they kept telling me that they had sent the order to the manufacturer, and after a few calls discovered that my order was stuck in backorder limbo, so it finally shipped about 8 weeks after the sale.
Hey, thanks for the info and advice, meglet.
Old 11-15-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
I believe they use drop ship for larger items.
Thanks to you, too, BuddhaWake...
Old 11-15-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Has anyone received The Monster Legacy set yet? Was there any problems with loose discs? I remember there being that issue when it was first released. And so I bought it in store instead(after personally checking boxes for rattling discs). Anyway I sold the set last year to make some extra money. And since it's only $31 with discount on DD. It's a steal to pick up,and I mss the films!
I got mine yesterday, ordered from B&N. Frankenstein/Disc#2 was a floater and badly scratched.
Old 11-16-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
So once again, yet ANOTHER terrible experience with DDD.

The Planet Earth set that I had ordered but was backordered shipped out yesterday via Media Mail. I paid for 2-5 day shipping, which I got with the first half of the order. I didn't pay for half the order to ship that way, I paid for the full order to ship that way.

Unbelievable, and unacceptable. I gave this place another chance...looks like that was a foolish mistake. Never again.
THE HORROR!!!

if you'd bother to read you'd know that this is standard policy and has always been this way. People are so funny with this stuff...ZOMG!!!!!!1111111111!!!1 I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE DAYS FOR A DVD I WON"T WATCH UNTIL NEXT YEAR ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-07, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by brizz
I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE DAYS FOR A DVD I WON"T WATCH UNTIL NEXT YEAR ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!
lol so true
Old 11-16-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dcrw6
I guess they shipped out my big order this morning, though I didn't get an e-mail. I'm happy again, I just wish they had sent me e-mails since that's primarily how I know what's going on. Here's my orders by the way...

...Jungle Girls Triple Feature
$13.73

Demons - Triple Feature
$13.73

Psycho Killers Triple Feature
$13.72

Jungle Horrors Triple Feature
$13.73

Martial Arts Triple Feature (7 Grand Masters/Red Wolf/The New Big Boss)
$13.73

Post Apocalyptic Triple Feature
$13.73

Wicked Women Triple Feature - Flesh for the Beast/Werewolf Woman/Nightmares Come at Night
$13.73

Evil Animals Triple Feature - Grizzly/Day of the Animals/Devil Dog
$13.73

Art of the Gun - Triple Feature
$13.73

Vampire Triple Feature (Central Park Drifter/Fiancee of Dracula/Two Orphan Vampires)
$13.73

Mutant Monsters Triple Pack - The Being/The Dark/Creatures From the Abyss
$13.74 ...
if im not mistaken, and if you are interested, i believe you are missing 3 of these media blasters triple pack sets from whats available out there right now. lmk if you are interested and ill try and find the details for ya - these sets are hidden like the gems they are
Old 11-16-07, 03:57 AM
Cool New Member

not sure if it was already discussed here, but I have found an importand change at deepdiscount checkout: the shipping charges (important for overseas customers) will now be deducted from the normal merchandise value and not from the value minus the 20%. so if you order an dvd for $25,85 you still get 20% ($20.68), but the shipping cost will be calculated of $25,85. This way you pay $8,95 instead of $5,95 for shipping, since the value is over $25. I remember that in June at last time sale the shipping was calculated from the dvd - 20%. I have already contacted customer service but they they donīt understand what I want and say they do not give the 20% off athe shipping cost ...........
Old 11-16-07, 05:39 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Recived the first part of my order yesterday - 'Family Guy Party Set' which arrived in MINT condition. The other 2 that were originally scheduled to ship on Nov 21st, have now shipped back to back the last couple of days. They were 'The X Files Ultimate Collection' and 'King of Queens Complte Collection', so hopefully I'll have 2 huge packages waiting for me over the enxt couple of days
Old 11-16-07, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my first order in fine shape. Love watching "Superman" and "Superman II Richard Donner Cut" in HD. Thanks DD!
Old 11-16-07, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by regularfan
not sure if it was already discussed here, but I have found an importand change at deepdiscount checkout: the shipping charges (important for overseas customers) will now be deducted from the normal merchandise value and not from the value minus the 20%. so if you order an dvd for $25,85 you still get 20% ($20.68), but the shipping cost will be calculated of $25,85. This way you pay $8,95 instead of $5,95 for shipping, since the value is over $25. I remember that in June at last time sale the shipping was calculated from the dvd - 20%. I have already contacted customer service but they they donīt understand what I want and say they do not give the 20% off athe shipping cost ...........

I have noticed this and to me, it really just makes the sale pointless for overseas buyers in some titles. $3 a pop extra for no reason, pretty much rules it out being a sale. Please sort it DD.
Old 11-16-07, 06:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1 ABD012965 DVD : HEART LIKE A WHEEL $ 5.58
1 ABD012976 DVD : MODERN PROBLEMS $ 5.58
1 ABD012978 DVD : ONLY THE LONELY $ 5.58
1 MCA050045 DVD : HARDY BOYS NANCY DREW-2ND SEASON $ 12.71

I'll be using DVDTalk for a larger order after I decide which multimedia cabinet to order.
Old 11-16-07, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by regularfan
Hey buddy. Get hold of yourself. This thing happened to me too when i was about to place my first order around a week back. You just need to be really clear while explaining this to customer service and they'll refund you excess shipping charges.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.