Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-07, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joe_b
My entire order was cancelled. They said they couldn't get authorization. I knew I was in good standing, so before I contacted my card company I tried it again with just half the order (due to some recent Best Buy sales) and it went through fine.
Have you applied for the new DavidMackGuide VISA yet? That should cover everything.
Old 11-11-07, 05:29 PM

DaveMackGuide, can I borrow $1850?
Old 11-11-07, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by davidmackguide
In all seriousness, a trip to DD's HQ would be very, very cool since I've always wanted to learn more about how an e-tailer runs their operations.
After a couple orders like that I'm surprised Deep Discount Dave hasn't sent you a private message on here offering a tour.
Old 11-11-07, 05:34 PM

In all seriousness, a trip to DD's HQ would be very, very cool since I've always wanted to learn more about how an e-tailer runs their operations.

You know, you could be right I'm quite a DVD addict.

I'm a database administrator for an independent financial investing firm. However, almost half of the money is part of bonus for a project that was completed on early November. Basically, I was tasked to handle everything for moving the firm to a new office, which meant finding a moving company, getting phone service installed, finding a firm to move our phone system, packing up the office, etc., etc. Since I completed the project under budget and there wasn't a problem, I was given the difference between the budget and the project's expenses as a bonus, which was a very pleasant surprise

Ah, action figures... I remember that world quite well when I used to run a GI Joe website.

Cool! Thanks for the info on the shipping schedule. Nothing like having something to look forward to after coming home.

Sorry for the confusion. I used PRICESEARCH for the first order since DVDPS has been a huge help to me over the past few months. I just wanted to show my support for DVDTalk by indicating that I used their discount code for my biggest order, which I hope will help generate revenue and help pay for the site's expenses.

LOL! That would be pretty cool to promote on my own website since David Mack, a writer and artist who is the focus of my site, has appeared on several DVDs in the form of interviews and artwork appearing in the background.

Well, for everyone who wants to see a list, here it is.

Most of the DVDs in the first order are not for sit-down-and-watch-on-TV entertainment; more like background noise while I work on my website.

Anyway, feel free to make fun of my selections. Heck, I will probably jump in as well :P

On a final note, I hope I didn't break any rules about linking to websites. IIRC , this is only my third post.

You have some intersting choices in your list of purchases. Although, I would have to say that about 97% of the stuff in the list, I would never watch
Old 11-11-07, 05:44 PM

Madness ... that was nuts. If this guy had a little more time/patience for DVD buying he could've saved about 50% off that order by doing the whole Columbiahouse.com membership cycling. Although I gotta admit... I spend more time thinking/planning about buying dvd's than actually watching them.
Old 11-11-07, 05:50 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
A teeny second order; there will no doubt be at least a third:

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 HVD001983 DVD : HOUSE OF GAMES (CRITERION) $ 20.71 In-stock
1 MCA025454 DVD : INVISIBLE MAN-LEGACY COLLEC $ 18.81 In-stock
1 SON010364 DVD : FILM CREW-HOLLYWOOD AFTER D $ 10.50 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 50.02
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 50.02

DD's web site indicated that House of Games and the Film Crew DVD were out of stock, so it was a pleasant surprise to see all items available now.
Old 11-11-07, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
You have some intersting choices in your list of purchases. Although, I would have to say that about 97% of the stuff in the list, I would never watch
While I don't have any post-purchase guilt, I do know what you mean. Most of the DVDs I ordered this time around fall into the "background noise" category and not the "sit and become lost in the experience" group.

On the plus side, if I don't like a particular DVD, it's not too big of a loss since the average is $6.20 per disc, which is cheaper than movie tickets for me.
Old 11-11-07, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by masuerte
Madness ... that was nuts. If this guy had a little more time/patience for DVD buying he could've saved about 50% off that order by doing the whole Columbiahouse.com membership cycling. Although I gotta admit... I spend more time thinking/planning about buying dvd's than actually watching them.
Yeah, I'm in that "spending more time shopping for DVDs than actually watching them" group as well. And I thought about buying at Columbia House, however, I always walk away with a horror story with a similar theme whenever I deal with a club that has a membership requirement, except for Sam's Club. So I spend lots of time visiting DVDTalk and several other forums to stay updated on discount codes and price drops
Old 11-11-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeepDiscount
Sorry for the issue with the set-up on this title. It will be there for Tuesday.

Dave
The Ocean's Trilogy HD DVD set is up at DD, but unfortunately it's priced $61.48, which is higher than it was on DVD Planet the last time I checked.
Old 11-11-07, 07:39 PM

Question, does this work for already saled prices on Deepdiscount?
Old 11-11-07, 07:49 PM

davidmackguide - what a list !!

just a quick 'issue' : Amargeddon - Criterion - not anamorphic (didnt the US get a 16x9 version of this DVD ???)
Old 11-11-07, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by neslink
Question, does this work for already saled prices on Deepdiscount?
Yes, it does, if you're referring to the items already on sale and not new releases.
Old 11-11-07, 08:18 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Well, for everyone who wants to see a list, here it is

Ummm... can you put me in your will??
Old 11-11-07, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

davidmackguide - mighty impressive list, the most i ever spent during a ddd sale was about $1,500.

assuming your screenname is no mere concidence, your website is mighty impressive as well. Mr Mack is brilliant.
Old 11-11-07, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by tonyjg
davidmackguide - what a list !!

just a quick 'issue' : Amargeddon - Criterion - not anamorphic (didnt the US get a 16x9 version of this DVD ???)
Thanks for the heads up on this issue. I dropped by DVDCompare.net and learned that there isn't a R1 anamorphic version available, so I just ordered the UK CE set. Thanks again for your help, Tonyjg!

Last edited by davidmackguide; 11-11-07 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-11-07, 10:37 PM

Hello all!

First time ordering from DD, and with the coupon I got I Love Lucy Complete Series for $117. MUCH lower than anyone else.

However, when I ordered Friday night, it said "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/19/2007."

Then yesterday I checked out of curiosity and it said "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/20/2007."

Sure enough it now says "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/21/2007."

Anybody know what it means when it daily extends the ship date? Does that mean they are not going to get this in stock? I kinda need it for a gift for a friend of mine and I just want to rest assure that they will get it!

Thanks for any help!
Shane
Old 11-11-07, 10:44 PM

For the first time ever, I've not seen my large order ship quickly after placing it a minute before the sale was even announced here. So I know for a fact I was one of the very first to place an order. I did get my initial confirmation quickly, and everything I ordered was originally in stock. Yet my order hasn't shipped yet. That's the first time I've ever seen that happen. Every other time I've participated in the 20% Off sale I ended up ordering right when the sale went live and I always had my order shipped within 48 hours. Not this time. I'm kinda bummed about that because I'm reading about others that got orders shipped. No reason I can think of for my order not shipping yet. Hope there's no problem...

Gary "slightly bummed out" O.
Old 11-11-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davethomasowns
Hello all!

First time ordering from DD, and with the coupon I got I Love Lucy Complete Series for $117. MUCH lower than anyone else.

However, when I ordered Friday night, it said "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/19/2007."

Then yesterday I checked out of curiosity and it said "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/20/2007."

Sure enough it now says "This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 11/21/2007."

Anybody know what it means when it daily extends the ship date? Does that mean they are not going to get this in stock? I kinda need it for a gift for a friend of mine and I just want to rest assure that they will get it!

Thanks for any help!
Shane

From my own experience, they usually get items back in stock when it has a message like that. I've had stuff backordered for close to a month after the sale ended, and I still got it. Usually when an item is not available anymore, they remove it from the site, and/or notify you.
Old 11-11-07, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
i've gotten those kind of notices before, only to have it go out the next day. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 11-12-07, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by xfilekr
My Angel Collection got canceled- anyone else?

My Angel hasn't been canceled, but still processing three days later....

Quote:
Originally Posted by punit
It is probably because of freaks like you that DD doesn't has Frequent Buyer points. They would be ruined

I like the way Thinkgeek does their geek points, with various reward options

David Mack, impressive order, also, I know you, you handled Daredevil for awhile right, right after Kevin Smith's run I think?? and, I think some Lady Death art back in the day?? Around the early to mid-90's.
Old 11-12-07, 01:28 AM

davidmackguide - impressive list! Curious as to why you didn't bank your money on building a BluRay or HD-DVD collection. I would assume that you have quite a Home Theater setup and HD should make quite a compliment.

I've built quite a collection myself through the years, but now starting to be more selective with my titles and versions.
Old 11-12-07, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fidodido
Placed my 2nd order yesterday:

1 PRD085163 DVD : RENO 911-4TH SEASON $ 14.95 In-stock
1 VIZ000004 DVD : INUYASHA-4TH SEASON $ 53.67 In-stock
Just a head's up, you can get Inuyasha Season 4 at Wal-Mart for $34.96.
Old 11-12-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Davidmackguide, From the amount you purchased. I can only assume 2 things....

1-You are not married.

2-You are married and she doesn't know about the bonus you got or the 6k worth of dvd's on the way.

-Lets hope she doesn't read this forum.
Old 11-12-07, 09:56 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
or

3-Since he's getting them to watch while he works, he's found a way to deduct them!
Old 11-12-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So what new releases is everyone getting this Tuesday and next?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.