Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - November '07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - November '07

Old 11-15-07, 07:52 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 527 Likes on 464 Posts
Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:
Old 11-15-07, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
I personally haven't ordered from them before until today, so I hope it turns out well...and surprisingly my order of Death Note, Vol.1 w/Figure has already shipped out!
Cool. Can you let us know how it come and how the box is? I might try to hold off pre-ordering and hope the FYE and still have stock on the 30th. I get 20% off on my bday..
Later
Old 11-16-07, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To add to this deal:

Trans World Entertainment Stores In-Store Promotion

Buy any 2 anime dvds and get a $10 gift card.

Expiration: Unknown
Credit: Bezerker

I did this deal today without even knowing it was going on because the cashier told me about it when I went to pick up the Steelbooks of Hellsing Ultimate. In addition to this deal, if you buy 2 $29.99 animes, then the second anime will ring up as $19.99 and you should still be able to get the gift card. Also, some more to add to this deal, to get the gift card, you have to purchase to animes that are marked with a yellow sticker/highlighted yellow.

Oh, one last thing. Hellsing Ultimate Steelbook Volume 2/3 are $19.99 now and not $29.99 as indicated on the stickers. I'd jump on this deal pronto before they sell out with the current state of Geneon titles. I got the last Vol2 steelbook at my store.
Old 11-16-07, 06:49 AM

I've never ordered from FYE.com. If I pre-order Volumes 1 and 2 of "Death Note" w/figures and choose free shipping will they send them separately?
Old 11-16-07, 07:14 AM

Yea, they'll ship items as they become available. You should only be charged for the item that ships as well (the very first charge may have an authorization for the full amount).
Old 11-16-07, 07:26 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK

Ninja Nonsense Artbox and Goodies: $11.99
Quantity: 92 and dropping!

NINJA NONSENSE Artbox and Goodies

Already purchased your single DVD volumes of Ninja Nonsense, but want the goodies that come with the box set?

Nozomi Entertainment and Right Stuf love ya!

For a VERY limited time, you can get the following limited-edition items that are included with the upcoming Ninja Nonsense Complete DVD Collection L.E. :

- The Ninja Nonsense art box that is designed to house all four volumes of the series you already have!
- An exclusive mini-manga by series creator Ryoichi Koga.
- An Onsokumaru squeeze toy.
- Shinobu's headband!

But hurry! We only have a very limited number of these available -- and when they're gone... they're gone!
Quantity: 24 and dropping!
Old 11-16-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hiccup

In addition to this deal, if you buy 2 $29.99 animes, then the second anime will ring up as $19.99 and you should still be able to get the gift card.
Thanks for the skinny. I'll have to run by the mall tomorrow and scoop up Black Lagoon 3 and When They Cry 3 while they are still available.
Old 11-16-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW, while you are at FYE, don't forget to pick up the free Funimation Fall Sampler. This time, we get full length episodes of Witchblade, Tsubasa and Beck.
Old 11-16-07, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by WTK

Last chance! Only 2 left!

EDIT: Now sold out!

Last edited by SkyDog; 11-16-07 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
I must've missed it (was out today) - I don't see any new ones, but thanks for letting me know. Someone else must've grabbed it! Rats!
I was one of the people that picked one of these up (sorry!). But I wanted to let everyone know mine arrived today. I got one that was described as 'medium damaged box'. I suppose that was an accurate description. The shrinkwrap was fully intact but the box was crushed pretty bad. Fortunately everything inside was just fine. So I'm very happy with this deal at $19.99. And this completes my Haruhi LE collection!

Thanks for posting this deal!
Old 11-16-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

okay still stepping into Anime slowly I have my small collection of
http://disneydvdfan.dvdaf.com/owned/anime

I wanted to know where I can get a good deal on this new series i heard of Fushigi Yuu amazon has season 1 and season 2 for like 178.99 or so I am not willing and able to pay that much so where can I find them reasonably priced ?

Thanks for the help and advise for the past purchases etc ...
Old 11-16-07, 08:31 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
okay still stepping into Anime slowly I have my small collection of
http://disneydvdfan.dvdaf.com/owned/anime

I wanted to know where I can get a good deal on this new series i heard of Fushigi Yuu amazon has season 1 and season 2 for like 178.99 or so I am not willing and able to pay that much so where can I find them reasonably priced ?

Thanks for the help and advise for the past purchases etc ...
This is going to be rather expensive to get this series right now with the Geneon titles going OOP. Season 1 can be had for $99.99 ($89.99 for Backstage members plus an additional 10% off from the coupon) @ FYE.com. Season 2 seemed to be well over $100 for most online retailers. Or you can try to hunt down the 8 individual volumes. Good luck!
Old 11-16-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
This is going to be rather expensive to get this series right now with the Geneon titles going OOP. Season 1 can be had for $99.99 ($89.99 for Backstage members plus an additional 10% off from the coupon) @ FYE.com. Season 2 seemed to be well over $100 for most online retailers. Or you can try to hunt down the 8 individual volumes. Good luck!
wow thanks I guess i will look on amazon for the individual volumes thanks again
Old 11-17-07, 11:37 AM

The six part Ergo Proxy series

I can wait to buy this 6 volume series because I have alot of other titles to watch, but, I was wondering if anyone had a educated guess if this series will be released as a set someday at a lower price than the individual titles run now, or, if it might just go out of print and the used copies on Amazon would skyrocket in price.

Note: I realize there is a box set version of Vol. 1 that was sold.
Old 11-17-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by blake182
I can wait to buy this 6 volume series because I have alot of other titles to watch, but, I was wondering if anyone had a educated guess if this series will be released as a set someday at a lower price than the individual titles run now, or, if it might just go out of print and the used copies on Amazon would skyrocket in price.

Because it is a Geneon title, and all Geneon titles are going out of print as we speak, it will not be released as a set someday at a lower price. If it is a set you are interested in, I would start collecting the volumes as soon as possible. Geneon titles are already becoming very difficult to find. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to have to live without most of them, even the series I have gaps in, which sucks, but I can't afford to drop $20-$30 per volume in most cases.
Old 11-17-07, 11:48 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by blake182

Ergo Proxy is a Geneon title (until someone rescue it) is going OOP. A complete collection/boxset may never happen. If a studio decides to rescue the series and release a complete collection/boxset, it may not happen for a long time (years). If you're interested in this series, be prepared spend quite a bit of money.

I'm not sure what you meant by Vol.1 Boxset, but there was a Vol.1+Artbox and also a Vol.1/CD Combo Pack (Best Buy exclusive) that were released for this series.
Old 11-17-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

okay so I am getting
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 1)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $4.59
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 2)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $4.28
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 3)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $3.87
21.68 shipped, and i am looking at the rest of the volumes from other sellers also... is that it Vol 1-8 and I am done or is there more DVDs out there?

thanks again...
Old 11-17-07, 11:56 AM
WTK

okay so I am getting
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 1)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $4.59
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 2)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $4.28
1 "Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play (Vol. 3)"
Fushigi Yugi; DVD; $3.87
21.68 shipped, and i am looking at the rest of the volumes from other sellers also... is that it Vol 1-8 and I am done or is there more DVDs out there?

thanks again...
Vol.1 to 8 will cover the TV series. There are also the OVAs and Eikoden if want to collect those.
Old 11-17-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Vol.1 to 8 will cover the TV series. There are also the OVAs and Eikoden if want to collect those.
Thanks for the answers...
Well I think I will wait til I get the actual dvds to watch and then decide if I want to invest in everything ;( considering I am buying this on a blind buy in the first place...

One more thing is this a real release ?
8-DVD Box Set] Fushigi Yugi Perfect Collection

Last edited by DisneyDVDFAN; 11-17-07 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-17-07, 12:25 PM

Thanks, justbarelymovin and WTK

WTK- I was trying to describe what you called the "Vol.1+Artbox", I believe. I was thinking that "box" might be used for holding all 6 DVD's of the series and maybe the bonus disk as well. Thanks again. Great thread, BTW.

Edit: I am going to buy and view Vol. 1 and see if I really want them all.

Last edited by blake182; 11-17-07 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-17-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the answers...
Well I think I will wait til I get the actual dvds to watch and then decide if I want to invest in everything ;( considering I am buying this on a blind buy in the first place...

One more thing is this a real release ?
8-DVD Box Set] Fushigi Yugi Perfect Collection
To my knowledge, there is no such release... Many Perfect Collections are bootlegs. Especially the ones with 3-discs. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is (now that Geneon titles are going OOP, this is true more than ever).
Old 11-17-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
To my knowledge, there is no such release... Many Perfect Collections are bootlegs. Especially the ones with 3-discs. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is (now that Geneon titles are going OOP, this is true more than ever).
Okay thanks i figured anyway i will check out the releases amazon has and see what is there...
Thanks again
Old 11-17-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay thanks i figured anyway i will check out the releases amazon has and see what is there...
Thanks again
No problem! It's too bad none of us could have foreseen the dissolution of Geneon. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so difficult to track down these titles! Hopefully one of the other studios will pick up some of the more popular titles (or the bulk of them!).
Old 11-17-07, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by WTK

From RightStuf:
Update: We have sold out of our current alottment of this item at this time. Please keep an eye on RightStuf.com and the "new/changed products RSS feed" for any future developments re: this item.
It looks like the possibility exists of more of these becoming available. The item page went from "Sold Out" to "No Longer Available", but now it's back to "Sold Out". I'm guessing since the whole stock of them was snatched up in the span of about 24 hours that they are looking into the possibility of making more.
Old 11-18-07, 08:02 AM
WTK

Shawne's Deals of the Day for Sunday, November 18 2007

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.