The Unofficial DD 20% off FAQ, Fall 2007 edition

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Unofficial DD 20% off FAQ, Fall 2007 edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-07, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate the discount but it has to be the most poorly constructed retail web site ever. It is the only web site that doesnt allow you to make changes or order cancellations while the order is processing without contacting them directly by phone or via email request. Customer service is absolutely aweful as well. I was on hold so long last time that I just said fuck it and emailed them. Had to wait 3 days to get a response that way
HUH? By processing, I assume you clicked the last place order button - I don't know of any sites that let you change an order after that.

As to customer service....I called them twice today, was answered in a reasonable amount of time.....both times the person working the phone took the time to find the answer to my questions - even taking a trip to the warehouse to look for a DVD. Sandra and the other gal were pleasant, upbeat and helpful.

Are you sure you aren't from DVD planet?
Old 11-14-07, 04:26 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by journeywoman
Are you sure you aren't from DVD planet?
Not sure if you know or not, but DeepDiscount and DVD Planet are both owned by the same company, Infinity Resources.
Old 11-14-07, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
Not sure if you know or not, but DeepDiscount and DVD Planet are both owned by the same company, Infinity Resources.
Which in turn is owned by Allied Artists:
http://alliedartists.net/aboutus.htm
Old 11-14-07, 07:04 PM

Question about price matching: when DD price matches another online store, do they change the price of the DVDs on their website or do you have to call in to customer service to get them to manually change the price on your order?

I'm hoping for price matches on the $14.99 Smallville and Veronica Mars at Amazon and BB.com.
Old 11-14-07, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ReggieM
Question about price matching: when DD price matches another online store, do they change the price of the DVDs on their website or do you have to call in to customer service to get them to manually change the price on your order?

I'm hoping for price matches on the $14.99 Smallville and Veronica Mars at Amazon and BB.com.

Okay i had a similar thing that i wanted that was way cheaper at amazon.
Here is what i did.

Don't buy the item yet.
Email them tell them amazon has it for 14.99 and show them the link and ask them to price match.

Hopefully they will email you back saying we have price matched at 14.74 or something and then they will give you an additional 20% off.

Well it worked for me...

Good luck with it.

-Ben
Old 11-14-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by 35MM
Which in turn is owned by Allied Artists:
http://alliedartists.net/aboutus.htm

This is not true do a search Infinity Resources Inc in Illinios. That just says they are a music distributor.
Old 11-17-07, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by treeman
Okay i had a similar thing that i wanted that was way cheaper at amazon.
Here is what i did.

Don't buy the item yet.
Email them tell them amazon has it for 14.99 and show them the link and ask them to price match.

Hopefully they will email you back saying we have price matched at 14.74 or something and then they will give you an additional 20% off.

Well it worked for me...

Good luck with it.

-Ben
Thanks Ben, but no luck. I emailed them on Thursday morning, but didn't hear back. Maybe they're too backlogged, I don't know. In any case, I bit the bullet and went with Amazon for now. Didn't want to miss out on the sale. Thanks for the help though!
Old 11-18-07, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ReggieM
Thanks Ben, but no luck. I emailed them on Thursday morning, but didn't hear back. Maybe they're too backlogged, I don't know. In any case, I bit the bullet and went with Amazon for now. Didn't want to miss out on the sale. Thanks for the help though!

With DD I've found that if i keep emailing them and be patient i usually get the results....

If anybody is looking for price matches just email them once a day.

They refunded my money back which was lucky as they had already charged me 12.57 over what they price matched in the end.

It took maybe 3 emails before it got through to them. If i lived in the US i would just ring them as it would probably be easier....

Anyway all i can say is i've only had first class experiences with DD.

-Ben
Old 11-21-07, 01:52 PM

I ordered the Masters of horror series for the sale, and found that I had 2 "Sick Girl" DVD's, and am missing a "Haeckel's Tale". Should I be contacting DDD, or do you think I should contact Anchor Bay themselves to see if they'll send me a Haeckel's tale Tale?
Old 11-21-07, 06:38 PM

I'd probably contact Anchor bay...
Old 11-22-07, 02:07 PM

Price Match

Amz. is selling Alien Quad for $20.49, $15.48 cheaper than DD. Will DD make the adjustment with a phone call or and email?
Old 11-22-07, 05:57 PM

Hmm i'd give them a call considering the sale only has a few days to go.
Ask them to price match it with the link provided.

Good luck.

-Ben
Old 11-24-07, 06:20 PM

This may be a dumb question, but this sale expire on the 25th or go through the 25th?
Old 11-24-07, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Palpadious
This may be a dumb question, but this sale expire on the 25th or go through the 25th?

You should be good to go the entire DAY OF THE 25th. Happy shopping
Old 11-24-07, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by blake182
Amz. is selling Alien Quad for $20.49, $15.48 cheaper than DD. Will DD make the adjustment with a phone call or and email?

20.49? It makes me sick to think what I paid for that when it first came out
Old 11-24-07, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrmagoo
You should be good to go the entire DAY OF THE 25th. Happy shopping
Thanks, I would like to thank it over before my final order.
Old 11-27-07, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid a lot more as well when it came out, but it was still worth every penny for what you get.
Old 11-28-07, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by derekisdman
I ordered the Masters of horror series for the sale, and found that I had 2 "Sick Girl" DVD's, and am missing a "Haeckel's Tale". Should I be contacting DDD, or do you think I should contact Anchor Bay themselves to see if they'll send me a Haeckel's tale Tale?
You'd want to contact DD. They'll give you a prepaid return label and once you send in your double, they'll send out the other one. I had the same thing happen to me with the Welcome to the Grindhouse titles and I'm shipping out my double tomorrow.