DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   From Hell 2 Disc -$4.99 at Wal-Mart w/ Pricematch (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/515010-hell-2-disc-%244-99-wal-mart-w-pricematch.html)

ThaGoddfather 10-21-07 05:31 AM

From Hell 2 Disc -$4.99 at Wal-Mart w/ Pricematch

If you use the Best Buy ad, which pictures From Hell for $4.99 and bring it to Wal-Mart, you can get the 2 disc Director's LE for $4.99. The spine on the one and two disc is identical so it should be no problem. Worked for me here in Wisconsin.

Good luck.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5111/0000bh7.jpg

Edit: It's located in the Halloween display which I forgot to mention.

riotinmyskull 10-21-07 05:49 AM

don't forget to start a new thread telling people they can pricematch this at CC too.

i <3 your posts.

ThaGoddfather 10-21-07 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
don't forget to start a new thread telling people they can pricematch this at CC too.

i <3 your posts.

Hmm...I was under the impression the title was OOP.

riotinmyskull 10-21-07 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
Hmm...I was under the impression the title was OOP.

if it's OOP what makes you think wal-mart would have it? does everyone on the forum shop at the same wal-mart as you?

Liquid Death 10-21-07 08:16 AM

The 2 Disc is/was OOP. I haven't seen the 2 Disc by itself in quite some time. It was packaged with Swimfan for ~$9 a few months ago tho.

moviewizguy 10-21-07 08:39 AM

You can do that in any store. If te 1-disc set of Minoity Report is on the Bes buy ad, you can price match for the 2-disc in another store. Just check if the sine is identical.

AsmodeusVice 10-21-07 12:03 PM

if it's OOP what makes you think wal-mart would have it? does everyone on the forum shop at the same wal-mart as you?

Wal-Mart has it as part of a special Halloween DVD display. Of course YMMV, but I work in electronics at Wally World and my store has them.

HE Pennypacker 10-21-07 12:23 PM

This sucker has been OOP for YEARS. Either they found more stock (like Almost Famous Bootleg), or are re-releasing them like Fight Club SE.

alfonsosoriano 10-21-07 12:31 PM

Easy to purchase if anyone wants it:

http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/pro...jsp?id=2145172

Sabrett 10-21-07 02:12 PM

Wal-mart does have the 2-disc From Hell in their Halloween display. There's a yellow bar code sticker over the regular bar code, so I'm assuming they took it out of the From Hell/Swimfan two pack that they had a few months ago.

Of course, YMMV

Sabrett 10-21-07 02:13 PM

Dude, calm down. Walmart does have this out in their Halloween display. Of course it's YMMV, but I have seen it in more than 3 Walmarts already. Lay off.

miz.eerie 10-21-07 10:06 PM

I took the best buy add to my local walmart and it worked, thanks

ThaGoddfather 10-21-07 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by miz.eerie
I took the best buy add to my local walmart and it worked, thanks

No prob. At least someone tried it and it worked. :)

Liquid Death 10-22-07 05:08 AM

How much is it usually at Wal-Mart without the Price Match?

xage 10-22-07 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
How much is it usually at Wal-Mart without the Price Match?

$9.99

God, Part II 10-22-07 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
No prob. At least someone tried it and it worked. :)

Another thanks here! Insanely good deal, done with ease on my end! I've actually never seen From Hell but it always looked like a movie I'd enjoy and I always lamented the OOP status of this Directors' Limited Edition. When I saw them inexplicably crop up again out of the blue at Wal-Mart, I was delighted, but caught up with too many new releases to cough up $10, but for $4.99...well, hell, you find a way to cough up that little for so much, and if I end up not liking the movie, I can sell it off for $4-$5 and be out little to nothing. Interestingly enough, many of my Wal-Mart's copies (though not the specific copy I bought) have an original Best Buy price sticker on them; since Sabrett's appear to be from the two-pack, I'm inclined to think 20th Century Fox made an agreement with Wal-Mart to take all of their old copies, returned from multiple vendors and retailers, off their hands and out of viable storage space.

gjamesm 10-22-07 04:28 PM

Thanks for the tip! My local wal-mart (in Maine) had this!! No best buy near me so I had to pay $10 for it, but I have been looking for it for ages.

That'sAllFolks 10-25-07 07:42 PM

If anyone's interested also PM the lenticular cover for Carrie SE to CC's ad for 4.99. YYMV

joe_b 10-27-07 08:09 AM

Thanks for that info. I had no real desire to buy this movie, but then I heard the phrases "OOP" and "limited edition". -wink-

I was there on Monday and only saw the single disc, but I swung by this morning and there it was! Luckily, I still had my BB ad in the car.

Was also planning to snag a lenticular cover off the regular edition, but they were pretty banged up. Damn those spring-loaded slots.

Surfinhank 10-27-07 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
If anyone's interested also PM the lenticular cover for Carrie SE to CC's ad for 4.99. YYMV

Oh crap, I've never seen that cover. What does it look like? Is it exclusive to certain stores?

laidbacklarkin 10-27-07 01:35 PM

Got 1 copy of the 2 disc edition with easy PM. Also there was a lenticular cover (slightly banged up) for the one disc edition - asked them if I could get it and they said, go ahead. Also PMed lenticular cover ed of Carrie to CC's price of $4.99. Good deals for good movies. Wow, wonder where Walmart found these long OOP 2 disc editions of From Hell. thanks, OP

hiccup 10-27-07 04:08 PM

Thanks a ton for the info. This is one of the SE that's I've always wanted since there are indeed some actual good stuff on the bonus disc like HBO documentaries, etc. The only reason I know about it is that the first I saw the movie I rented it from my HV and they have the 2-disc version.

Andalusia 10-27-07 07:42 PM

I just saw the 2-disc version in the $5 dump bin. I thought it was OOP, so I was suprised.

hiccup 10-28-07 01:39 AM

My store didn't even have a display nor even this movie. It really sucks as I went to two.