Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '07

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-07, 08:21 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Amazon.com

Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children (Two-Disc Special Edition) (2005): $10.49

Last edited by WTK; 10-17-07 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-08-07, 08:43 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by radicaldeth
Greetings to shawnek and thanks so much for the DramaQueen sale! That clears out a ton of pre-orders for me. Just hoping a few more titles might pop up before the sale ends on Wed.
It looks like they did add some new titles sometime this afternoon!
Old 10-08-07, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Anyone know of a good deal on the Serial Experiments Lain complete set? Looking back at the previous months' threads, it seems I should've been getting into anime back in August when Amazon had it for $29...
Check your mail, I have I set I can part with.
Old 10-09-07, 02:37 PM

I'm assuming the latest two Inu Yasha sets, (3 &4) for $35 at Walmart are uncut. I remember the first discount set that walmart had was english only and edited. The two new sets appear uncut from the box.
Old 10-09-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just got this e-mail

eStarland is offering all preowned DVDs at 60% off. Well what does this mean? You can get Anime DVDs starting at $1.10. Amazing isn’t it?

Taking advantage of this deal is easy. Just add ANY preowned DVD to your cart and enter “DVDSALE” as the promo code and click on update. Every preowned DVD in your cart will be 60% off.

Our full collection of preowned Anime DVDs may be found here:

https://www.estarland.com/phplive/c.php?k=1.6.51

While there is no expiration date to this deal, quantities are limited! So take advantage of this deal as soon as possible and open your mind to new anime. With this newfound knowledge of anime maybe you can finally explain to us what a Chobit is, we’ve been wanting to know for years.
Old 10-09-07, 09:36 PM

Gah...I'm sure I could find something off of eStarland for 60% off...but come on...TEN items per page?! Am I missing some way to adjust the output? TEN?! I'm not scrolling through 100 pages...

Edit: Not too bad deals here. I passed on a Berserk vol 1/box...that seems like it'd be pretty rare. There are a lot of out of print Sailor Moon, lots of vol/1 + boxes, thinpacks, etc. Was able to finally complete Gundam Wing (missing vol 7) and picked up half of Tenjho Tenge, Tenchi Ryo-ohki vol 1, and 3 volumes of Full Metal Alchemist for $60 shipped...not bad.

This is my first time ordering from eStarland, what's the quality of their used stuff? Am I going to regret this? I hate buying used...(especially when it's blind).

Last edited by Ndolger; 10-09-07 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-09-07, 10:05 PM

Gackt's filmography Red and Blue DVDs came out today (I know it's not technically Anime, but he has done some Anime theme songs...), and I've been trying to find them in a store, instead of buying them online. I know Suncoast and Best Buy have good prices for them, but local stores don't seem to have them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find them in store?
Old 10-10-07, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I'm assuming the latest two Inu Yasha sets, (3 &4) for $35 at Walmart are uncut. I remember the first discount set that walmart had was english only and edited. The two new sets appear uncut from the box.
yeah, if they were the edited ones they would have a very different box art look (as you may have seen from Season 1 and Season 2 edited)
Old 10-10-07, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Gah...I'm sure I could find something off of eStarland for 60% off...but come on...TEN items per page?! Am I missing some way to adjust the output? TEN?! I'm not scrolling through 100 pages...

Edit: Not too bad deals here. I passed on a Berserk vol 1/box...that seems like it'd be pretty rare. There are a lot of out of print Sailor Moon, lots of vol/1 + boxes, thinpacks, etc. Was able to finally complete Gundam Wing (missing vol 7) and picked up half of Tenjho Tenge, Tenchi Ryo-ohki vol 1, and 3 volumes of Full Metal Alchemist for $60 shipped...not bad.

This is my first time ordering from eStarland, what's the quality of their used stuff? Am I going to regret this? I hate buying used...(especially when it's blind).

I've ordered from them many times on those sales. I've never had a problem. Items come re-shrink-wrapped so they stay secure. Shipping is a little expensive, so I usually stick to box sets. I last ordered Full Metal Panic box set and the original El Hazard OVA box set. I did the BOGO Deal (enter FREEDVD for that deal) I only ordered FMP so I could get El Hazard for $35.
and yes, only TEN ITEMS per page. Expect 1-2 hours to sift thru it all. *sigh*
Old 10-10-07, 09:54 AM
WTK

Movie #1 is back to full price while Movie #2 is also $25.07 as well!
Old 10-10-07, 09:58 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
The ones have seen from my local stores are uncut, but you may troubles finding Season 3 though.
Old 10-10-07, 10:00 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by luneth
Gackt's filmography Red and Blue DVDs came out today (I know it's not technically Anime, but he has done some Anime theme songs...), and I've been trying to find them in a store, instead of buying them online. I know Suncoast and Best Buy have good prices for them, but local stores don't seem to have them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find them in store?
If you don't find it at Best Buy or Suncoast (or Trans World Entertainment stores), you probably won't find it at other B&M retail stores. If you have mom & pop stores at your area, it maybe a worth a shot. Otherwise you may have to resort to ordering online!
Old 10-10-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts
As far as the Big Lots list goes, I can confirm the availability of Volume 3 of Panda Z, Volume 3 of Galaxy Angel Z, and Volume 3 of the Anime Legends s-Cry-ed. I don't see them on the list.

Slightly off-topic, but is there any word on a Region 1 release of Stratos 4 Advance? Thanks in part to Big Lots, I just finished the original series and first OVA on the cheap, and am curious about the sequel...but not ~$50 per episode curious, which is where the Region 2 release seems to be priced.
Old 10-10-07, 11:54 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by printerati
As far as the Big Lots list goes, I can confirm the availability of Volume 3 of Panda Z, Volume 3 of Galaxy Angel Z, and Volume 3 of the Anime Legends s-Cry-ed. I don't see them on the list.

Slightly off-topic, but is there any word on a Region 1 release of Stratos 4 Advance? Thanks in part to Big Lots, I just finished the original series and first OVA on the cheap, and am curious about the sequel...but not ~$50 per episode curious, which is where the Region 2 release seems to be priced.
Okay, thanks for mentioning those titles.

Stratos 4 Advance probably won't be in R1 any time soon if at all. Vol.4 (TV) was released 12/14/2004, OVA was released 06/28/2005, and the Complete Collection (TV) was released 03/14/2006. If it's not licensed at this point by Bandai Entertainment, they will likely pass on it. It's falling into patterns of series such as Happy Lesson The Final and Happy Lesson Advanced of which ADV chose to pass up on them (at least so far). IMO, it's up to other studios to see whether picking the license is worth it or not.
Old 10-10-07, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by printerati

Fansubs do exist for Stratos 4 Advance. If you search around you should be able to find a site with torrents.
Old 10-10-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found out about the fansubs/torrents from a Google search, but I'm not entirely comfortable with acquring them that way. Thanks for the update...guess I'll just wait and see what happens for now.
Old 10-10-07, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
The ones have seen from my local stores are uncut, but you may troubles finding Season 3 though.
I already found both. They had 3 of 3 and 2 of 2. But AI wabnted to double check before I opened them so if someone knew they were edited I could return them.

Now I just need to find a good deal on Season 2.
Old 10-11-07, 12:43 AM
WTK

TRSI Reminder!

Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta DVD Box Set (Hyb) Limited: $79.99, Qty Remaining: 3

EDIT: Replenished to 36!

Last edited by WTK; 10-11-07 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-11-07, 09:52 AM
WTK

In for a Treat: Deals on Del Rey Manga and Books! @ RightStuf.com

Halloween's right around the corner, and you're in for a treat: Take 33% off the retail price of ALL manga and books from Del Rey - from new series including Pumpkin Scissors, My Heavenly Hockey Club and Psycho Busters to favorites like Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC, Mushishi, and The Wallflower!

From now until October 21, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from Del Rey. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
  • Coupon Code: treat
  • Expires: October 21, 2007 at 11:59 CDT
REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from Del Rey! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “In for a Treat” banner above: It will take you to a list of all of the Del Rey items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 10-11-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

safe for another week...unless the specials pull me in...
Old 10-11-07, 04:17 PM

I'm safe too. Lucky thing too. I made 3 orders on monday. One when the sale popped up and two more after they added more titles. Thanks for the updates WTK! ^^ V It will save me a ton on the long run.

Last edited by radicaldeth; 10-11-07 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-11-07, 06:38 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:
Old 10-11-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^ haha funny how shawnk keeps saying he's going to run out of the mobile suit zeta gundam box sets but then somehow he doesn't...he always ends up finding like 50+ more! :-D
Old 10-11-07, 07:25 PM
WTK

Quick notice for next week's Weekly Specials as Shawne noted @ AoD:
Please note that due to an unexpected trip next week, the specials may either be delayed or not changed at all.
Old 10-11-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
^^ haha funny how shawnk keeps saying he's going to run out of the mobile suit zeta gundam box sets but then somehow he doesn't...he always ends up finding like 50+ more! :-D
Do you suppose he might sell me just the box? I already found the 5 volumes separately at Big Lots.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.