Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Ads: Sept. 9th - 15th 2007

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
View Poll Results: Anyone going in for the $7.99 DVDs or pricematching elsewhere?
Going in to CC
10.83%
Pricematching
36.67%
Not really a bargain
52.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Circuit City Ads: Sept. 9th - 15th 2007

Old 09-10-07, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone think CC will honor their ad from last week advertising Dead Or Alive with free playing cards ? since it does not come out till this week? they out it in the ad a week early and when I happened to be there last tuesday at opening to see if by the off chance they got any in they replied we sold out already! oh yea i was the first one in the store and your sold out wtf!
Old 09-10-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone refresh my memory on how I would price match at BB? Do I need to bring in an ad from Circuit City? I haven't done it since November 03 on the old James Bond sets
Old 09-10-07, 10:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Can someone refresh my memory on how I would price match at BB? Do I need to bring in an ad from Circuit City? I haven't done it since November 03 on the old James Bond sets
Yes, bring in the ad. Also, it is best to pricematch after you buy it at the full BB price, that way you'll get the extra 10% of the difference.
Old 09-10-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Best Buy didn't have it in their ad, nor did Target. And sometimes, the price on the Web site isn't the same as an in-store sale price.
You can view the complete ads on their webpage. The very images posted. On your pc thingy.

And the poll alludes to people shopping there because of the incident.

Last edited by fumanstan; 09-10-07 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-10-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Nope, nothing I want there but if there was I still wouldn't buy it at Circuit City. They're such a suckass store to begin with it's no sacrifice (at least half the time I did go there, they didn't have what I was looking for anyway), but the Speedy thing has soured me on them even more.
Old 09-10-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry been gone awhile, missed it here, can someone please point me to the speedy incident thread?
Old 09-10-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Look in the feedback forum, tons of flamage to wade through.
Old 09-10-07, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjcool
Those do seem to be good prices on a couple of discs. Only problem is, that my Circuit City hasn't orgabized their dvd's since they opened, and you can't find shit there.
A new CC opened nearby which made it a little less incovenient to get there, and I figured being new it would be well-staffed and organized like the new BB. Fat chance.
Trashed out, poorly organized, no shelf tags to even indicate a sale is going on! So yep, I went there ready to buy, even voted that way, but I couldn't find diddly squat of sale items.
Old 09-10-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Yes, bring in the ad. Also, it is best to pricematch after you buy it at the full BB price, that way you'll get the extra 10% of the difference.
I ended up going to CC because the closest BB didn't have Magnolia or Catch Me If You Can. Whew, nothing is in order there! I hadn't been to a CC since Black Friday last year, I'm glad I hadn't. I was lucky I was able to find them both, Catch Me If You Can was hidden away behind Basic Instinct and Magnolia was behind Moulin Rouge. Both copies were the last ones they had.
Old 09-10-07, 02:34 PM

my cc is really good about putting all the dvds on sale in their own bin. 4.99-ers in one bin, 7.99 in another, etc.

the rest is horribly disorganized, though.
Old 09-10-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pyser
my cc is really good about putting all the dvds on sale in their own bin. 4.99-ers in one bin, 7.99 in another, etc.

the rest is horribly disorganized, though.
Yeah I was surprised at the fact there was no sale signs or bins anywhere
Old 09-10-07, 06:02 PM

also, my cc had the nice 2-disc se7en for sale, not the one pictured in the ad.

magnolia had cheaper packaging though
Old 09-10-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pyser
also, my cc had the nice 2-disc se7en for sale, not the one pictured in the ad.

magnolia had cheaper packaging though
I got the original packaging, I guess it's YMMV on it.
Old 09-10-07, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
You can view the complete ads on their webpage.
It... was... not... in... their... ad.

That slow enough for you?

And the poll alludes to people shopping there because of the incident.
Alludes? Whatever. I'm sure most if not all of those who are voting "not really a bargain" are doing so not based on whether the title(s) is/are a bargain, but because they don't like CCity now.

All I'm saying is we don't need every thread here about prices and bargains at CCity - which is what this forum is about - to turn into yet another place for people to bitch and moan about the store. There are threads for that subject, so do it there. Doing that in these threads = threadcrap.

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 09-10-07 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-10-07, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Yeah I was surprised at the fact there was no sale signs or bins anywhere
Funny. When I go to any one of the three CCity's in my area, DVDs at special prices like $7.99 or $4.99 or etc. are always in bins, with big signs that list every title that is available at that price.
Old 09-11-07, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
It... was... not... in... their... ad.

That slow enough for you?
Be condescending all you want, but it's CLEARLY in the ad. That's where these pictures are from, straight from their webpage. The only thing I can think of is if you're just searching their webpage rather then clicking on the weekly ad section of their page where it shows you exactly what's in the flyer, and even then it shows you the price of the special edition when you search for Face/Off. If not, then feel free to a post a screenshot of what you're seeing because honestly I don't believe it would be different.

Last edited by fumanstan; 09-11-07 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-11-07, 08:09 PM

Funny. When I go to any one of the three CCity's in my area, DVDs at special prices like $7.99 or $4.99 or etc. are always in bins, with big signs that list every title that is available at that price.
Funny. When I go into the CCity's in my area, DVDs at special prices like $7.99 or $4.99 or etc. are always in bins, with big signs that list the five titles in the bin, plus ten or twenty other titles that are nowhere to be found.
Old 09-11-07, 09:55 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by vedderone
Does anyone think CC will honor their ad from last week advertising Dead Or Alive with free playing cards ? since it does not come out till this week? they out it in the ad a week early and when I happened to be there last tuesday at opening to see if by the off chance they got any in they replied we sold out already! oh yea i was the first one in the store and your sold out wtf!
Oddly enough DOAs at CC this week did in fact come with the cards and was $13.49 vs the $17.99 they advertised last week.

The cards come packed into the DVD case and theres a sticker on the outside advertising it.

Beware these aren't normal playing cards. The sticker says "Ninja Playing Cards". They're actually playing cards but they're circle in shape. But it does come with a flattened out box you can assemble to put the cards in with the DOA logo on it.
Old 09-12-07, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
Funny. When I go into the CCity's in my area, DVDs at special prices like $7.99 or $4.99 or etc. are always in bins, with big signs that list the five titles in the bin, plus ten or twenty other titles that are nowhere to be found.
Funnier. When I went to my CC today armed with an ad flier I picked up at the door, their bins were in plain sight, with big signs listing the titles and sale prices - for last week.

After asking the nice girl about Dog Day Afternoon and Se7en, and when she directed me to said bins, I pointed this out to her. She said thank you. But no help with any of the 7.99 titles listed except for Unforgiven which I found on my own.
Old 09-12-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chard31
However, do you guys really want CC to go out of business and create more of a monopoly for BB?
Yes. I hope CC goes under. They are a worthless piece of shit company. But I won't argue with the people who will still buy their loss leader stuff. The Speedy lawsuit pushed me over the edge, but I always hated CC. They have a small crappy selection on pretty much everything they carry, except maybe high end electronics like TV's. Whenever I wanted to actually shop for new electronics, I never found anything of interest at CC. And if I did, it was out of stock. BB wins in every category as far as I can see. If CC went under, I wouldn't miss it. I don't think BB would raise prices if CC went under. They still need to stay competitive with other electronics places like Fry's...
Old 09-12-07, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Be condescending all you want, but it's CLEARLY in the ad. That's where these pictures are from, straight from their webpage. The only thing I can think of is if you're just searching their webpage rather then clicking on the weekly ad section of their page where it shows you exactly what's in the flyer, and even then it shows you the price of the special edition when you search for Face/Off. If not, then feel free to a post a screenshot of what you're seeing because honestly I don't believe it would be different.
It's not in BEST BUY's ad. That's what I've meant all along.

AFAIK, CCity is the only one to have put this title in their ad. So that's the only price I knew of - from looking at it online. I was interested in finding out about other prices.

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 09-12-07 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-12-07, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yes. I hope CC goes under. They are a worthless piece of shit company. But I won't argue with the people who will still buy their loss leader stuff. The Speedy lawsuit pushed me over the edge, but I always hated CC. They have a small crappy selection on pretty much everything they carry, except maybe high end electronics like TV's. Whenever I wanted to actually shop for new electronics, I never found anything of interest at CC. And if I did, it was out of stock. BB wins in every category as far as I can see. If CC went under, I wouldn't miss it. I don't think BB would raise prices if CC went under. They still need to stay competitive with other electronics places like Fry's...
Needless, pointless threadcrap.
Old 09-12-07, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Pricematch at best buy for:

Dog Day Afternoon
All the President's Men
Boogie Nights
Old 09-13-07, 06:26 AM

How much was Se7en on sale for at CC?
Old 09-13-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
How much was Se7en on sale for at CC?
You're in the right thread but I guess you decided not to read it or look at it before posting. The very first post has a large copy of this week's Circuit City ad and Se7en is listed quite clearly under the $7.99 section.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.