Reload this Page >

Resident Evil Double Feature Pack at BB, $15, movie ticket, other bonuses

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-04-07, 11:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 134 Likes on 100 Posts

The new release, Resident Evil Resident Evil Apocalypse Resurrected Edition, is a pretty sweet deal at BB this week.

The 2 disc double feature is on sale for $14.99.

Like most stores it includes a $10.50 Hollywood Movie Money voucher for the new Resident Evil Extinction movie which opens 9/21/07.

Exclusive to Best Buy is a third bonus DVD with a sneak peek at the new movie and a featurette on the making of RE.

Exclusive to Best Buy is a $5 movie concession voucher good.

Seems like a no-brainer if you plan to pay for the movie in the theater anyway.

I mentioned this in a couple of RE threads, but it seems like a good enough deal to warrant it's own thread.
Old 09-04-07, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this doesnt turn into the heroes thread(S)
Old 09-05-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long is the ticket good for?
Old 09-05-07, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
How long is the ticket good for?
10/20/07
Old 09-05-07, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's a great deal, I picked up a couple for my friend and I yesterday
Old 09-05-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So does the Best Buy 2 disc contains all the special features of the individual RE 2 disc releases?

Well if I remember correctly RE had a special edition and delux edition, both one disc. I think the features were carried over for the delux edition. REA had a 2 disc.

Basicly, I'm interested in this set, just want to know how much, if any special features will be lost.
Old 09-05-07, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
So does the Best Buy 2 disc contains all the special features of the individual RE 2 disc releases?

Well if I remember correctly RE had a special edition and delux edition, both one disc. I think the features were carried over for the delux edition. REA had a 2 disc.

Basicly, I'm interested in this set, just want to know how much, if any special features will be lost.
According to the review a lot of the special features from the original releases are missing, and there are several new ones. Im not sure if the Best Buy exclusive disc will include any features from the original releases either but it will have an exclusive preview of the new movie

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30277
Old 09-05-07, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by michaema
According to the review a lot of the special features from the original releases are missing, and there are several new ones. Im not sure if the Best Buy exclusive disc will include any features from the original releases either but it will have an exclusive preview of the new movie

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30277
Spiderone posted this quick overview of the features in the main forum thread:
Originally Posted by SPIDERone
A couple notes on the set:

The slipcover looks to be printed on a reflective material and will easily flake/rub off leaving behind just the reflective surface.

Disc 1 contains both movies (01:40:33 and 01:33:49 - English 5.1 and French 5.1 available on both) plus a scene from Resident Evil 3 (2:07).

Disc 2 has the special features. Runtime is about 52 minutes but also has a trivia-game and photo gallery. Previews are included for RE: Umbrella Chronicles (Game). RE: Extinction, Hostel: Part II, Vacancy, Ray Harryhausen in Color, Bobby Z, Contractor, Wind Chill.

Disc 3 has 2 features: Making of Resident Evil (27:20) and Resident Evil Extinction: Sneak Peak (3:35)
I'm pretty sure that that Making of RE feature is brand new.
Old 09-05-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thats a really good flick, lets see if I can talk the Mrs. into going with me!
Old 09-08-07, 07:42 PM

I just picked it up at Best Buy and it came with TWO tickets and TWO $5 concession money. Well worth the $15!
Old 09-10-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I picked up one a few days ago. Great deal if you plan to see the movie at all, especially since I sold my old version of Resident Evil 1 and paid for half the price with that. Most of the little featurettes on the special features disc are recycled from the previous releases, though There's no commentaries on these. There are one or two 5 min. things that are exclusive to this release plus whatever's on the Best Buy Exclusive Bonus disc. So completist may want to own the old versions and this, while this is a great way for casual fans to pick up both movies on the cheap without them being completely bare bones versions. One of the features on the regular bonus disc is a 30 min. making of documentary for the 2nd Apocalypse movie.

After picking this up, I also noticed that Walmart has the regular double feature without the exclusive bonus disc for $13.72. It still has movie cash, but I'm not sure whether it has the concession cash. The concession cash at Best Buy was for $5, and the Movie ticket was for up to $10.50 in my set.

Walmart also had about 10 horror Double features also for $13.72 that also had movie cash for Resident Evil. The only one I remember was Silent Hill/The Dark (with Maria Bello). I think they called all these things something like Dreadtime Stories Double Features or something like that. These will probably be very prevalent during the Halloween season that's coming up. So if you don't want to get the old Resident Evil movies or possibly double dip unneccesarily, these would be a good option.
Old 09-10-07, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by stonecountry
Walmart also had about 10 horror Double features also for $13.72 that also had movie cash for Resident Evil. The only one I remember was Silent Hill/The Dark (with Maria Bello). I think they called all these things something like Dreadtime Stories Double Features or something like that. These will probably be very prevalent during the Halloween season that's coming up. So if you don't want to get the old Resident Evil movies or possibly double dip unneccesarily, these would be a good option.
Yep, great deals. We have a whole thread dedicated to them. It is titled "Sony doublepacks..... $13.72" or something similar.