Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 9/02/07 to 9/08/07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-02-07, 02:42 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Resident Evil pack movie cash
Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy - mousepad with Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
still have free Balls of Fury moviecash in DVD case when you buy 21 Grams, Hollywoodland, or Waist Deep
free Fantastic Four lithograph when you pre-order Rise of the Silver Surfer
bonus disc, movie cash, and concession cash with Resident Evil / Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2 Pack for $14.99
The Office: Season 3 Welcome Aboard Kit $42.99 contains Season #3 DVD Set, the Dundie Award, a Dwight Schrute Mini-Bobblehead and a Welcome Aboard Letter, all of which is packaged in a Office Storage Box

Target - Nip/Tuck: Season 4 Deluxe Edition features an all black case (probably slipcover) & has a Question / Answer session with the cast & crew at the Museum of Television & Radio - bonus DVD
The Office: Season 3 Deluxe Edition features an all brown case with the Dunder Mifflin logo featured and the words: “Nifty Gifty” printed on top & has a Question / Answer session with the cast & crew at the Museum of Television & Radio - bonus DVD

Circuit City - bonus DVD w/ Desperate Housewives Season 3

Wal Mart - bonus DVD with Delta Farce - deleted scenes, gag reel, other featurettes
bonus DVD with Georgia Rule - same bonus, but now in a keep case, as the bonus DVD in the Heroes Season 1 set last week, four FNL episodes and Bionic Woman sneek peak
movie cash for Resident Evil Extinction when you buy one of several horror dualpacks for $13.72 - see this thread

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - lunchbox with Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders - lenticular cover with Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco - free small blue vinyl "cooler" w/ Dundler Miflin printed on side with The Office three season pack for ~ $60

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 09-07-07 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-02-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if this counts, but Best Buy has a free Fantastic Four lithograph when you pre-order Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Also, Disney Store has four free lithographs when you pre-purchase The Jungle Book, and for $5 more, you get a Jungle Book Snow Globe.
Old 09-02-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Target has a bonus disc with interviews with the Office season 3 for $32.99
Old 09-02-07, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by the narrator
Target has a bonus disc with interviews with the Office season 3 for $32.99
Actually, that bonus disc only comes with Target's exclusive "Nifty Gifty" deluxe edition that costs $37.99.....

They also have an exclusive deluxe edition of Nip/Tuck Season 4 with a bonus disc as well....it costs $44.99 (another $5 premium over the regular edition of $39.99 cost there....)
Old 09-02-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Wal-Mart is going to have some type of bonus with Disney Princess Enchanted Tales - Follow Your Dreams. I can't remember what it is tho. I'm supposed to go back tomorrow so if someone doesn't add it before then, I'll re-post.
Old 09-02-07, 09:38 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Actually, that bonus disc only comes with Target's exclusive "Nifty Gifty" deluxe edition that costs $37.99.....

They also have an exclusive deluxe edition of Nip/Tuck Season 4 with a bonus disc as well....it costs $44.99 (another $5 premium over the regular edition of $39.99 cost there....)
The Target $5 coupon on $25 should still work.
Old 09-03-07, 01:29 AM

What $5 Target coupon?
Old 09-03-07, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by scottp120
What $5 Target coupon?
It was heavily discussed and linked in an active bargain thread, I think one of the Heroes threads (so it will only take an hour to check all those...).
Old 09-03-07, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
Don't know if this counts, but Best Buy has a free Fantastic Four lithograph when you pre-order Rise of the Silver Surfer.
Bestbuy.ca has a Silver Surfer figure w/ digital comic and Fantastic 4 - The Lost Jack Kirby Story for $14.99 or $4.99 if you pre-order the 2-disc or Blu-Ray edition. Not sure if the Lost Jack Kirby Story was something that was released as a stand alone DVD..

Didn't find on the BestBuy.com site, but they didn't list the 2 disc edition either.
Later
Old 09-03-07, 10:57 AM

Found it. Copied the image to Word, shrunk it and printed it out. Hopefully it will work.
Old 09-03-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CC comes with an exclusive bonus disc when you buy Desperate Housewives there.
Old 09-03-07, 01:45 PM

Anyone been to BB today or yesterday? Is the Resident Evil set available yet? Not really a new release, but sometimes they hold all "new" stuff until Tuesday.
Old 09-03-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Scratch what I said about the Disney Enchanted Tales Bonus. Apparently they put one wrap-around over another and it was a bonus for a previous DVD. It sort of peaked over the newer one.

No Disney bonus at Wal-Mart.
Old 09-03-07, 10:29 PM
TRC

There's a few different exclusives for Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow. Best Buy has a mousepad. Borders has a lenticular cover. The TWEC stores will have a lunchbox.
Old 09-04-07, 06:55 AM

Updated first post.
Old 09-04-07, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Almost store opening time and I still can't decide which Office set to get. I hope someone posts the Target information and a pic before Bestbuy opens around here. If its like a 1/2-1 hour dvd, I'd go that route.
Old 09-04-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just picked up the Target exclusive, it's a 23 minute dvd, according to the sticker on the packaging. Sendhelp has pics in the Target thread.
Old 09-04-07, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by starman9000
Almost store opening time and I still can't decide which Office set to get. I hope someone posts the Target information and a pic before Bestbuy opens around here. If its like a 1/2-1 hour dvd, I'd go that route.
Hands down Best Buy has the best Office set. The Target bonus disk is under a half hour, the packaging is nothing fancy it looked like a paper bag around the set. I bought the Best Buy set and it looks great, if you don't mind a big set, the paper box is pretty big and not dvd shelf friendly unless you have alot of free space!
Old 09-04-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
I just picked up the Target exclusive, it's a 23 minute dvd, according to the sticker on the packaging. Sendhelp has pics in the Target thread.
Does it exclusive deleted scenes? Someone in the best buy thread said it does.
Old 09-04-07, 02:12 PM

Office at Target

Just FYI..the exclusive Office Season 3 at Target also has a hard copy of the shooting script for Episode 301: Gay Witch Hunt, included in the box. So I guess its a matter of preference...I personally am a fan of the Paley festival dvds and like when the dvd set can fit on a shelf, whereas others prefer exclusives like the Dundie and Bobble head from Best Buy (plus I am all for shopping at Best Buy...they are the "best") Too bad the Target's disc isn't longer, but they are always somewhat interesting and it is actually a nice little set for someone looking for bonus video content rather than the statues and figures (cool, but where will I put them)...Both sets look like great, just wanted to put the info about the script from Target.
Meanwhile, does anyone know what's up at WalMart yet...any exclusives? Particularly for Desperate Houswives?

PS...a little off topic, but regarding the Target Bonus Discs lately, I heard a while back (around the time of the Paley Festival) that all of the festival Panels were beign put on DVD and would eventually be available for sale (at the Museums in NYC and Cali i beleive) and eventually in retail stores....is this what became of that... or will these have a release, in which case the target bonus might actually be a moot point?
Old 09-04-07, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by doody1313
Meanwhile, does anyone know what's up at WalMart yet...any exclusives? Particularly for Desperate Houswives?
I probably won't make it to WM until tomorrow night, so hopefully someone else will see this and post what they found.
Old 09-04-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not that I think too many people will care, but while at WalMart earlier today I noticed that Delta Farce comes with a bonus disc. I have on clue what's on it at all, nor am I interested in it at all.

Just a heads up in case anyone is actually interested in that one.
Old 09-04-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

free Fantastic Four lithograph when you pre-order Rise of the Silver Surfer
Anybody see this at best buy? My best buy had no idea what I was talking about.
Old 09-04-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

WAL-MART has . . .

Georgia Rule packaged with a bonus DVD containing several episodes of Friday Night Lights & a preview of Bionic Woman for $19.99

Many Sony 2 DVD sets - packaged with a free movie ticket for Resident Evil: Extinction [I posted a separate post about this on the forum] for $13.72
Old 09-04-07, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Anybody see this at best buy? My best buy had no idea what I was talking about.
Saw them in the new release section. They are typical keep cases, small "lithograph" inside. $5 pre-order from one of three different FF releases.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.