Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

f.y.e weekly New Releases pricing (often with MIR) and more deals

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-07, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
can the $5 off planet terror coupon be used when you're pre-ordering the movie? i haven't picked up the movie yet so i don't know if the coupon has a specific start date.

i already pre-ordered planet terror at the same time i pre-ordered death proof and just paid in full for both. any idea if they'd return the item, then re-ring it again and allow for the $5 coupon to be used? or should i just have them cancel the pre-order then buy it again later.
can't use a coupon on a preorder. you can either apply the coupon when you pick it up and get the $5 back or put it towards another part of the purchase or cancel preorder than do it again but only put down $14.99
Old 09-20-07, 08:17 PM

so when i picked up death proof, i didn't receive a rebate form. does anyone have the info so i can send away for the rebate? or can someone scan the rebate sheet so i can print it out? thanks in advance if anyone is able to help me out.

ETA: so i went to fyerebates.com and i entered the information to find the rebate form for death proof... and when i select it, it says i can get a $7 check or a $30.00 virtual debit card. anyone else see this? it sounds too good to be true and i've never heard of these before. but why would they offer you $30 when the rebate is only supposed to be $7?

Last edited by shyguy1083; 09-20-07 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-20-07, 08:28 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Hey db27,

Do you have any advice on dealing with a rebate problem? Back in May during that "9.95 after rebate" promo I wound up submitting 9 seperate rebates. 5 went thru with no problem. The other 4 they're claiming they never received. Now they're giving me a phone-call-email-fax-resubmission runaraound. Can you offer any insight on how to get it resolved?

Thanks
Old 09-21-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Hey db27,

Do you have any advice on dealing with a rebate problem? Back in May during that "9.95 after rebate" promo I wound up submitting 9 seperate rebates. 5 went thru with no problem. The other 4 they're claiming they never received. Now they're giving me a phone-call-email-fax-resubmission runaraound. Can you offer any insight on how to get it resolved?

Thanks
um yeah. we would all like to know!
Old 09-21-07, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Hey db27,

Thanks

assuming all instructions were followed, it should be a piece of cake. just submit the photocopies you made of all your rebates that were denied including the form, upc, and rebate slip to the fax number they provide.

the one time i had an issue was my fault, and I left the upc loose in the envelope which 95% of the time is the issue because they don't empty the envelope which is why I always staple all 3 items together after I have photocopied the lot.

if you didn't photocopy your stuff, then you are SOL sadly and dug your own grave. keep in mind the rebate house gets hundreds of these a day, human error must be a factor.

if you have already faxed them the proof, and they are still giving you troubles than I would seek the customer service line for TWEC and raise hell, or seek legal council.
Old 09-22-07, 04:53 AM

do you know if the transformers steelbook are same as futureshop's?
Old 09-22-07, 08:13 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Paypal code to work on pre-orders?
Old 09-22-07, 10:40 PM
ktg

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
so when i picked up death proof, i didn't receive a rebate form. does anyone have the info so i can send away for the rebate? or can someone scan the rebate sheet so i can print it out? thanks in advance if anyone is able to help me out.

ETA: so i went to fyerebates.com and i entered the information to find the rebate form for death proof... and when i select it, it says i can get a $7 check or a $30.00 virtual debit card. anyone else see this? it sounds too good to be true and i've never heard of these before. but why would they offer you $30 when the rebate is only supposed to be $7?
Hmmm...interesting. Also interesting that they list no less than 21 separate rebate entries for Death Proof at fryrebates.com. I'm guessing there are a bunch of different movies clustered under the same rebate number, but it sure isn't obvious if that's the case. The other thing that's odd is that some of these other entries offer either a $10 or a $20 cash card. Logic dictates that you'd only qualify for a $30 card if you were buying a pretty expensive box set of some kind. Any guesses? I'm tempted to buy Death Proof and go for the $30 cash card just to see what happens....
Old 09-23-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ktg
Hmmm...interesting. Also interesting that they list no less than 21 separate rebate entries for Death Proof at fryrebates.com. I'm guessing there are a bunch of different movies clustered under the same rebate number, but it sure isn't obvious if that's the case. The other thing that's odd is that some of these other entries offer either a $10 or a $20 cash card. Logic dictates that you'd only qualify for a $30 card if you were buying a pretty expensive box set of some kind. Any guesses? I'm tempted to buy Death Proof and go for the $30 cash card just to see what happens....

This is a new program we got an email about, and sounds to me like they have some programming issues. All the deals are supposed to give you a $10 GC instead of the traditional rebate. They are trying to keep the money in store which I think is great, and the program will be good once they get the programming right. I'd say if you can get $30 code get it, because it is a mistake.

Also, in reference to the number of the rebate.....each new release week has a different number associated with it, often many titles fall under the heading of one number that is usually named after the largest title of the week.
Old 09-23-07, 05:39 PM

Hi. Yesterday I went to pick up my Death Proof DVD pre-order and had some DVDs that I traded in. I asked about Backstage pass and I was told it would give me an extra 25% in trade in, doubling the trading value to 50%.. I decided at the time it wasn't worth it, but when I got back home, I did the math and I would need to trade in about $100 to break even and still get an extra 10% purchase..

But can anyone confirm if it's suppose to be 25% extra? I seem to remember it was 10% extra on trade in.. I'm pretty sure it was the manager I was talking to..
Later
Old 09-23-07, 08:48 PM

db, do you have any info on transformers, steelbooks, or any other exclusives for trans world?
Old 09-24-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
db, do you have any info on transformers, steelbooks, or any other exclusives for trans world?
only that we are getting them, as I previously mentioned the pix look like the same as futureshop is offering.

i always post exclusives in here and in trevors ongoing thread as I become aware of them (typically a few weeks in advance)
Old 09-24-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hi db27, i need some help. tonight, when i went to pre-order the DeathProof/Planet Terror offer, i was told i could only pick up the DeathProof when the Planet Terror comes out next month. Death Proof came out last week already, so shouldn't I have been able to pick up Death Proof tonight?? two employees told me the same thing. i have never heard of the process being like this before!

also, NOBODY at the store had any clue about the slipcover when i asked for it. they gave me some jive about it coming out when Planet Terror came out.
Old 09-24-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darmok
hi db27, i need some help. tonight, when i went to pre-order the DeathProof/Planet Terror offer, i was told i could only pick up the DeathProof when the Planet Terror comes out next month. Death Proof came out last week already, so shouldn't I have been able to pick up Death Proof tonight?? two employees told me the same thing. i have never heard of the process being like this before!

also, NOBODY at the store had any clue about the slipcover when i asked for it. they gave me some jive about it coming out when Planet Terror came out.
Just buy Death Proof and preorder Planet Terror. You should be able to get posters, however I'd think being that it is over a week after Deathproof came out that the slipcases are all gone. They were insanely limited, and I have no clue if more will become availabe when Planet Terror comes out.

These employees were not smart.
Old 09-25-07, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the quick reply, db27. i'll go back and set them straight. will let you know what nonsense comes out of their mouths tomorrow.

update: was able to speak to the manager last night, and he knew what i was asking about. he gave me the slipcover right away, and told me i could also pick up the Death Proof immediately. he couldn't explain why the others said what they did, but in the end i got what i wanted. no more promo posters, though.

Last edited by darmok; 09-26-07 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-25-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info, especially DB.

I bought Death Proof and Knocked Up today with store credit and sent out both rebates. Hopefully everything will go smooth seeing as this is my first time sending in FYE rebates.
Old 09-25-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info, especially DB.

I bought Death Proof and Knocked Up today with store credit and sent out both rebates. Hopefully everything will go smooth seeing as this is my first time sending in FYE rebates.
you are welcome, I have now included a "how to" portion of rebate submission in the first post for newbies, and the angry folk who always seem to mess something up *or allow the rebate house to make errors!
Old 09-29-07, 02:10 PM

Does anyone have information on the Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer film cell? Is it only available in FYE.com or did retail store get it? Is it for pre-orders only?

If anyone have seen it, is it like this Appleseed film cell mounted on cardboard? I got it as a freebie and I assume it's from Suncoast as it's printed on the back..

Were there any other film cells bonus from TWEC?
Thanks
Old 09-29-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey johnsun, thats not an actual film cell right?
Old 09-29-07, 11:37 PM

Hi. Probably not a real film cell used to play a movie.. Seems like an enlarged one mounted to the top right corner of the cardboard..
Later
Old 09-30-07, 09:50 AM

Yes i went in and picked up the Condemened and Deathproof in the store. Then went online for the rebate and it was supposed to be 7.00 for each one or 30.00 gift card. I took the gift card. Also i have noticed that the new superstores don't usually give you the rebates because they are cheaper then the mall stores. I have went online downloaded the rebate form submitted it with my upc from the box and mIr came back no problem at all.
Old 10-01-07, 10:20 AM

why is the steelbook no longer on fye.com? the whole thing feels a bit odd with them and using the "tin" word, where are you finding rebate info?
Old 10-01-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although I haven't seen it yet, I work this afternoon and will post all of the information tonight on rebates and such. Traditionally that is what our "film cell" releases look like. We almost always have them for Buena Vista or Disney titles in the past. I beleive we have it for POTC3 this year, and Jungle Book (though it may be a litho, I'll check tonight.)

Originally Posted by johnsun
Does anyone have information on the Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer film cell? Is it only available in FYE.com or did retail store get it? Is it for pre-orders only?

Were there any other film cells bonus from TWEC?
Thanks
Old 10-01-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
why is the steelbook no longer on fye.com? the whole thing feels a bit odd with them and using the "tin" word, where are you finding rebate info?

the steelbook is crazy limited, my store is getting 4 of each type for example.

i get the rebate info because I work at a store.
Old 10-01-07, 03:32 PM

thanks for all your help db

terry

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.