Reload this Page >

f.y.e weekly New Releases pricing (often with MIR) and more deals

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

f.y.e weekly New Releases pricing (often with MIR) and more deals

Old 08-22-07, 06:45 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by db27
Fair enough, well check back here and i'll post even the sillyness or direct me to a place where you would rather get the info.
Here is fine, but I have a weekly thread in this bargain forum for a complete list of that week's exclusives. Or the master list is in my sig if you want to correct any older exclusives we missed. Thanks again.
Old 08-22-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Get 10% more cash or credit if a Backstage pass holder or 20% off on Birthday!
My local FYE's and Suncoasts are having a huge debate about whether or not Backstage Pass holders get 10% more cash or credit on used sells. Currently only one store in OK does it. Does anyone know if their local FYE or Suncoast is still doing the 10% more (at least) credit when you do a use sell with a Backstage Pass? If so, list your state. Much appreciated. Oklahoma dvdtalk boardies are counting on you.
Old 08-23-07, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These codes seem to work still. 10% off of new dvds (maybe music too. Not usable on used items, but it does apply to any new item put in shopping cart mixed with used).

WELCOMECCTEN
WELCOMEMPTEN

I'm not sure what restrictions there are, but it's worth a look. I used the bottom one today at 7 AM
Old 08-23-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
My local FYE's and Suncoasts are having a huge debate about whether or not Backstage Pass holders get 10% more cash or credit on used sells. Currently only one store in OK does it. Does anyone know if their local FYE or Suncoast is still doing the 10% more (at least) credit when you do a use sell with a Backstage Pass? If so, list your state. Much appreciated. Oklahoma dvdtalk boardies are counting on you.
From what we have been told, this is a chainwide ongoing promo to get more BSP subscribers.
Old 08-24-07, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what we have been told, this is a chainwide ongoing promo to get more BSP subscribers.
Exactly. But apparently it's up to me and the lone store that's still doing it to prove it to the district manager and the other stores. Thanks for your two-cents!
Old 08-28-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

updated with todays knowledge
Old 09-03-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

will have these up tonight, most all of the TV sets coming out tomorrow have $10 mail-ins
Old 09-18-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates for this week's releases? I'm particularly interested in the Smallville Season 6 HD-DVD set. Thanks.
Old 09-18-07, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought Death Proof 2 disc $19.99 apply $7 MIR = $12.99 (plus poster & slip case to house DP & PT)

Also bought a few things on sale (no rebates)

Texhnolyze 3D lenticular boxset (all vols plus box have 3D onserts) $74.99

Afro Samurai Director's Cut $19.99

Desert Punk tin (all vols) $39.99

They had quite a bit of anime at what looked like 50% off (MSRP)

Last edited by laserdogg; 09-18-07 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

updated for instore, sorry I haven't been keeping up, but seems peeps lost interest
Old 09-18-07, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Any updates for this week's releases? I'm particularly interested in the Smallville Season 6 HD-DVD set. Thanks.
No rebates on Smallville, sorry!
Old 09-19-07, 12:17 AM

i haven't picked up death proof pre-order yet... but do i still qualify for a $7 MIR even though i pre-ordered? or does it have to be a "new" purchase?
Old 09-19-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

updated for instore, sorry I haven't been keeping up, but seems peeps lost interest
db27, I haven't lost interest. Even though I usually don't post anything, I always check your FYE thread weekly because I have several FYE giftcard and with BSP 10% off and the rebates, sometimes FYE new release deals are the best. Please keep posting the updates if you can each week. Thanks.

By the way, when you say preordering gives you a $2 coupon and with something else it's essentially free, do they charge you $2 to preorder or is it essentially a way of getting an extra $2 (close to 10%) on top of the BSP and the rebates when a DVD comes out? (That's assuming the purchase date for the rebate is when you pick it up and not when you preorder it.)
Old 09-19-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
db27, I haven't lost interest. Even though I usually don't post anything, I always check your FYE thread weekly because I have several FYE giftcard and with BSP 10% off and the rebates, sometimes FYE new release deals are the best. Please keep posting the updates if you can each week. Thanks.

By the way, when you say preordering gives you a $2 coupon and with something else it's essentially free, do they charge you $2 to preorder or is it essentially a way of getting an extra $2 (close to 10%) on top of the BSP and the rebates when a DVD comes out? (That's assuming the purchase date for the rebate is when you pick it up and not when you preorder it.)

thanks dude I will keep it up as best i can!

some preorders only require a $2 deposit, and all preorders should indeed give you a $2 coupon towards a future purchase (you may need to ask) so sometimes the reservation is essentially free, or only $3 given the coupon. However, the coupon is good toward a future purchase and some managers may not allow you to use it on a new release because the coupon is supposed to be off of non-sale items. However, many like myself will still honor it because the key here is getting repeat customers and loyalty.

hope that helps
Old 09-19-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
There is a $10 MIR for buying it online. That, plus the $10 off $35 paypal coupon makes it a sweet $36.

Since the paypal coupon is multi-use, Stargate Atlantis Season 3 is also a good deal at ~$16 after MIR and paypal coupon. However, you'll have to find a $0.99 filler to get to the $35 minimum.
Old 09-19-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GMan2819
There is a $10 MIR for buying it online. That, plus the $10 off $35 paypal coupon makes it a sweet $36.

Thanks. I'm going to order it with the WELCOMEMPTEN 10% off coupon instead of going the paypal route. I have quite a few FYE gift cards that I need to use up.
Old 09-19-07, 10:21 AM

when can you pre order steelbook transformers?
Old 09-19-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
when can you pre order steelbook transformers?
anytime
Old 09-19-07, 06:34 PM

Hi. It was posted in the Exclusive thread that the rebate for Death Proof required the UPC code.. I thought I might ask here as it might get more eyes and db's attention..

Just wondering if they can confirm if they want you to cut out the UPC code from the cover for the rebate? I ordered online and used the rebate and they only wanted the email confirmation and packin slip..
Later
Old 09-19-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. It was posted in the Exclusive thread that the rebate for Death Proof required the UPC code.. I thought I might ask here as it might get more eyes and db's attention..

Just wondering if they can confirm if they want you to cut out the UPC code from the cover for the rebate? I ordered online and used the rebate and they only wanted the email confirmation and packin slip..
Later
I have had success using the FYE UPC price sticker - peeled it off and applied it to a 3x5 card for inclusion in the rebate mailing. It's always worked for me.

I wouldn't cut my packaging up for anything - I'd quit doing the MIR thing first
Old 09-19-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it is totally acceptable to use the yellow price sticker
Old 09-19-07, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, the Transformers steelbook will be exclusive to FYE?
Old 09-19-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Imail724
So, the Transformers steelbook will be exclusive to FYE?
According to the information we have obtained at the store level, we will have the exclusive US rights to the steelbook version. No idea how limted quanities will be at this point.

Exclusive to Transworld, so I would assume Suncoast, Sam Goody, Wherehouse, Strawberries, Specs, Coconuts, FYE, and whatever other companies we own at this point will have them.
Old 09-20-07, 01:13 AM

can the $5 off planet terror coupon be used when you're pre-ordering the movie? i haven't picked up the movie yet so i don't know if the coupon has a specific start date.

i already pre-ordered planet terror at the same time i pre-ordered death proof and just paid in full for both. any idea if they'd return the item, then re-ring it again and allow for the $5 coupon to be used? or should i just have them cancel the pre-order then buy it again later.
Old 09-20-07, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
I ordered online and used the rebate and they only wanted the email confirmation and packin slip..
Later
The online purchases usually don't require a UPC. Just follow the instructions on the form exactly. Make sure you save copies of everything you submit. If your submission does get rejected, you can usually get it straightened out with a phone call. They will have you fax everything to them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.