Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$6.99 Blu-Ray titles with $15.99 Wild Hogs DVD - Bestbuy.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$6.99 Blu-Ray titles with $15.99 Wild Hogs DVD - Bestbuy.com

On Bestbuy.com you can pre-order Wild Hogs (I ordered the regular DVD, $15.99) and you can get a Blu-Ray title for $6.99. I did in-store pick up (usually Best Buy doesn't let you do this on pre-orders?). I was expecting to pick both titles up on Tuesday but received a notice my order was ready for pick-up today, but only the Blu-Ray portion of the order.

I went down and picked up Eight Below (Blu-Ray) for $6.99+tax. My receipt indicates my order is now complete which is strange. I still plan on going down on Tuesday to pick up the Wild Hogs DVD.

Other Blu-Ray titles available on line:

The Guardian
Invincible
Goal
Prestige
Old 08-12-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Best Buy charge you (for in-store pickup) when you place the order or when you pick it up?
Old 08-12-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Does Best Buy charge you (for in-store pickup) when you place the order or when you pick it up?
You don't actually get charged until you pick the order up. I was charged $7.53 today and will be charged $17.23 on Tuesday when I pick up the other DVD.

Hypothetically, if someone only wanted the Blu-Ray disc they could place their order and pick up the Blu-Ray portion. The remaining portion of the order would automatically cancel after 8 days if not picked up.
Old 08-12-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have negative (as in below 0%) interest in Wild Hogs, but I wouldn't mind The Prestige for $6.99 before I get a player. Any way I can return it (or maybe even sell it)?
Old 08-12-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by Low RG
You don't actually get charged until you pick the order up. I was charged $7.53 today and will be charged $17.23 on Tuesday when I pick up the other DVD.

Hypothetically, if someone only wanted the Blu-Ray disc they could place their order and pick up the Blu-Ray portion. The remaining portion of the order would automatically cancel after 8 days if not picked up.
Would that really work? As with Zen I want to pick up The Prestige but have no interest at all for Wild Hogs.
Old 08-12-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Would that really work? As with Zen I want to pick up The Prestige but have no interest at all for Wild Hogs.
I believe this would work.

You would have to place the order today or tomorrow for in-store pick up. Can't place the order on Tuesday as both titles will be available that day. Go today or tomorrow and pick up the Blu-Ray disc. You will receive an email every couple of days reminding you to pick up the balance of the order. After eight days the order should cancel automatically and you will receive an email confirming such.

Just to be safe, you could always leave the Blu-Ray disc sealed until the balance of your order cancels in case Best Buy tries going Amazon and billing you full price for the Blu-Ray?
Old 08-12-07, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Low RG
I believe this would work.

You would have to place the order today or tomorrow for in-store pick up. Can't place the order on Tuesday as both titles will be available that day. Go today or tomorrow and pick up the Blu-Ray disc. You will receive an email every couple of days reminding you to pick up the balance of the order. After eight days the order should cancel automatically and you will receive an email confirming such.

Just to be safe, you could always leave the Blu-Ray disc sealed until the balance of your order cancels in case Best Buy tries going Amazon and billing you full price for the Blu-Ray?

It is a package deal, if you do not pick up wild hogs you will be billed the regular price of the blu-ray disc. You can't return the wild hogs disc either or you will be billed full price.
Old 08-12-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
It is a package deal, if you do not pick up wild hogs you will be billed the regular price of the blu-ray disc. You can't return the wild hogs disc either or you will be billed full price.
What does that mean? They would bill you the $6.99 when you picked up "The Prestige" and then they would bill you an additional $20-$30 when you didn't pick up "Wild Hogs"?

If you think that's true, I'd be interested in hearing where you heard that.
Old 08-12-07, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
What does that mean? They would bill you the $6.99 when you picked up "The Prestige" and then they would bill you an additional $20-$30 when you didn't pick up "Wild Hogs"?

If you think that's true, I'd be interested in hearing where you heard that.

It is true, the 6.99 price is contingent on the purchase of wild hogs. If you do not pick up or return wild hogs, the 6.99 sale price is no longer valid and you will be charged the difference of 23.00 for the blu-ray disc. This has always been the policy of Best Buy and is legal.
Old 08-12-07, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But what if you pay in cash?
Old 08-12-07, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
But what if you pay in cash?
If the deal works in store and it is not an error on the website (which it seems to be) that would work. I'm doubting however that blu-ray titles were meant to be included in a DVD package deal.
Old 08-12-07, 04:08 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the store locator? I'd rather do a store pick-up, but can't pick a store.
Old 08-12-07, 05:23 PM

I ordered Wild Hogs and Prestige both on Blu-Ray for $39.20, still a couple bucks cheaper than Amazon's price with the 10% discount.
Old 08-12-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Hmm.. so if you do this how it's intended, you get The Prestige for $23? That's a few dollars cheaper than it's regular online price... not sure if it's worth the hassle (and embarrassment) of trying to return or trade in Wild Hogs...
Old 08-12-07, 05:58 PM

Would it be possible to have the $6.99 Blu-Ray shipped and they chose to pick-up Wild Hogs and still get in on the deal? I cant get to the store by Tues.
Old 08-12-07, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
Take it back to Wal-Mart (Rich Bastards) without the receipt. They will give you whatever its worth. Although it will only be a gift card (I think).
Old 08-12-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
$6.99 DVD Offer
Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

Best Buy's Return Policy on Quantity Discounts applies to this promotion.

Quantity Discounts
You may return items for which you received a quantity (either by volume or dollar amount) discount in accordance with our standard Return Policy.

Note: If by returning an item your original purchase is no longer eligible for the quantity discount, the discount received will be subtracted from the purchase price of the item being returned. You will be refunded the difference.
Old 08-12-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm with Zen. I don't have any interest in Wild Hogs (nor do I have a high-def player, although if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Blu-Ray), but I'd pick up a Blu-Ray of The Prestige.
Old 08-12-07, 09:45 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
You know you're an addict when...

.... you don't own a Blu Ray player, or even an HD TV, and have no interest in the PS3; but you still ordered three BluRay titles just because it was a "good deal".
Old 08-13-07, 10:18 AM

I placed an order last night, and got a notice that I can pick up The Prestige and Wild Hogs today. Wonder if they're really going to break streetdate on this thing?
Old 08-13-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
.... you don't own a Blu Ray player, or even an HD TV, and have no interest in the PS3; but you still ordered three BluRay titles just because it was a "good deal".
I can remember when I first started collecting DVDs and I had at least 10 movies before I had a player. I kew I would get one eventually.
Old 08-13-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, excellent deal....very tempting, even though I do not want Wild Hogs.

Although, I heard of Best Buy charging people FULL price when they pre-ordered Halo3 and got a $5 Marketplace card. They cancelled Halo 3, and got charged $20. Who knows. I guess you could always pick up Wild Hogs and just return it.
Old 08-13-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Just to back up what others said, if you select Wild Hogs and a Blu-Ray disc for pick up in store and only pick up the Blu-Ray, expect to get charged full price after like a week for the Blu-Ray.
I thought I was all clever when they had a deal where you buy certain DVDs and get a POTC: DMC ticket for free. What I did was choose pick up in store for the DVD and to send the ticket through mail, So, they sent me the ticket for free. Come 7 days later (or whatever the time limit is), I got an e-mail saying I didn't pick up the DVD in time and was then charged $7 for the ticket.
Old 08-13-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
You know you all love Wild Hogs. Admit it!!
Old 08-13-07, 03:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Jericho
You know you all love Wild Hogs. Admit it!!
I've had a bunch of free movie voucher and gift certificates this year. I have seen almost every movie released this year.

Wild Hogs is the one movie that I have purposely avoided.

These DVDs are going to ebay or gifts for people that I dislike.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.