Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 8/12/07 to 8/18/07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-10-07, 03:53 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - some will still have Simpsons moviecash with various Simpsons Season sets
Kissology Volume 2 - all stores except BB and WM will have a 4th bonus DVD in the set, featuring Budokan/Tokyo Japan 1988
Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy - Superbad bonus DVD and $12 movie voucher with select Columbia DVD purchases
will still have Rush Hour 3 moviecash free with selected DVD purchases
Marvel Comic trading cards with Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
Kissology Volume 2 - The Ritz-NYC 1988 bonus 4th DVD
Flash Gordon The Premiere Episode (stickered as a BB exclusive; I think this will end up being similar to the Buffy Spike DVD and the Welcome Back Kotter DVD, where they were exclusive to BB for 6 or so months, and then the exact same DVD will be found everywhere; this DVD contains the premiere obviously, plus a few bonus features including a sneak peek at the Tin Man series coming to Sci-Fi)

Target - Illuminati comic on CD-ROM with Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme

Circuit City - free Disney book cover with a few music CDs (High School Musical type CDs)

Wal Mart - Kissology Volume 2 - Largo, MD 1979 4th bonus DVD
bonus DVD with Vacancy w/ 3 featurettes totaling 20 minutes
or Vacancy packaged with Secret Window (regular upc/packaging?)
mini-comic of The New Avengers Illuminati with Dr. Strange
Fracture packaged with Boiler Room
action figure packaged with new Avatar DVD (exclusive?)

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - bonus DVD w/ Vacancy
small (iron on?) patch and code for downloadable content with pre-order for Blades of Glory
poster when you pre-order Heroes Season 1

Borders - exclusive 28 page photo booklet with the 2 disc of Branagh's Hamlet

Costco - book covers with a few Disney-type titles

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - nothing this week

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - nothing this week

This is week #3 of the new format.
last week: exclusive thread for 8/05/07 to 8/11/07
next week: exclusive thread for 8/19/07 to 8/25/07
Link to the master list thread in my sig below.

Last edited by Trevor; 08-17-07 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-10-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Best Buy (from Speedy's last post.....sniff):

Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme >>>> $12.99 ****

****Comes with Best Buy Exclusive Marvel Comics Trading Cards on Pack // Minimum 30 Card sets per store // No rain checks

FYI: I saw Dr. Strange out early at the Best Buy in Burbank, CA. If you can't wait a few days, it was $14.99.
Old 08-10-07, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw an exclusive for Best Buy today. I believe it is for this week's ad, so forgive me if I'm mistaken. It is the Halloween 2-Disc edition with BB exclusive movie cash to see the new Rob Zombie Halloween in theaters. I didn't get a really good look at it, so I'll try to find out more next time. I didn't see it mentioned in speedy's ad though, so perhaps it is for the week after? Or maybe it's something that will just be there but not really advertised. Gotta wait and see, I guess...
Old 08-11-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Borders is going to have an exclusive 28 page photo booklet with the 2 disc of Branagh's Hamlet.
Old 08-11-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
KISSology exclusives:

KISSONLINE.com

Here is the final info on KISSOLOGY 2's Bonus Discs. The bonus discs were manufactured for initial shipments only - so get them while you can! ALL 3 discs will be in the market place by the 8/14 street date:

The Ritz-NYC 1988 - @ Best Buy only

Largo, MD 1979 - @ Wal Mart & Sam's Club

Budokan/Tokyo Japan 1988 @ AAFES, Amazon, Amoeba, Borders, Bull Moose, Cat's, Circuit City, Criminal, Cutlers, Dimple, Down In The Valley, Electric Fetus, Grimey's, Forever Young, FYE, Gallery of Sound, Hastings, Homers, House of Guitars, In-Motion, Independent, The Inner Ear, J & R, Looney Tunes, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Newbury Comics, Plan 9, Rasputin, Record & Tape Traders, Rolling Stone, Salzer's, Scotti's, Silver Platters, Target, Twist & Shout, Vintage Vinyl, Virgin, Waterloo, ZIAS (as well as all stores in Canada)
Old 08-11-07, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Borders is going to have an exclusive 28 page photo booklet with the 2 disc of Branagh's Hamlet.
how much $$ at Borders??
Old 08-12-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
Saw an exclusive for Best Buy today. I believe it is for this week's ad, so forgive me if I'm mistaken. It is the Halloween 2-Disc edition with BB exclusive movie cash to see the new Rob Zombie Halloween in theaters. I didn't get a really good look at it, so I'll try to find out more next time. I didn't see it mentioned in speedy's ad though, so perhaps it is for the week after? Or maybe it's something that will just be there but not really advertised. Gotta wait and see, I guess...
Perhaps this??? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1665913
Doesn't come out til 8/21. The picture has a round sticker on it, possibly advertising the movie cash. It looks like it says Best Buy Exclusive, but it's impossible to read the print beneath it...
Old 08-12-07, 12:57 AM

Does anyone know of any other website that posts the ad listings? Please let me know. Icon769 @ aol.com

Mod please remove this inquiry if it's frowned upon in light of recent events. I honestly don't know.
Old 08-12-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ds6161
how much $$ at Borders??
whoops! forgot to check.
I'll add that info in tomorrow, when I'm on lunch or home from work.
Old 08-12-07, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

whoops! forgot to check.
I'll add that info in tomorrow, when I'm on lunch or home from work.
please see if you can find out if the book is "in-pack" or if it is given out separately with dvd purchase. it doesnt mean a lot to most people, but it weirdly matters to me
Old 08-12-07, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
please see if you can find out if the book is "in-pack" or if it is given out separately with dvd purchase. it doesnt mean a lot to most people, but it weirdly matters to me
In pack. That's definite. I opened the box, it's stickered directly on the package, that it is in there.
Old 08-13-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In pack. That's definite. I opened the box, it's stickered directly on the package, that it is in there.
thank you kindly! you
Old 08-13-07, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh and it appears the sale price is 19.99
Sorry, remembered to check then forgot to post :S
Old 08-13-07, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
KISSology exclusives:

KISSONLINE.com

Here is the final info on KISSOLOGY 2's Bonus Discs. The bonus discs were manufactured for initial shipments only - so get them while you can! ALL 3 discs will be in the market place by the 8/14 street date:

The Ritz-NYC 1988 - @ Best Buy only

Largo, MD 1979 - @ Wal Mart & Sam's Club

Budokan/Tokyo Japan 1988 @ AAFES, Amazon, Amoeba, Borders, Bull Moose, Cat's, Circuit City, Criminal, Cutlers, Dimple, Down In The Valley, Electric Fetus, Grimey's, Forever Young, FYE, Gallery of Sound, Hastings, Homers, House of Guitars, In-Motion, Independent, The Inner Ear, J & R, Looney Tunes, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Newbury Comics, Plan 9, Rasputin, Record & Tape Traders, Rolling Stone, Salzer's, Scotti's, Silver Platters, Target, Twist & Shout, Vintage Vinyl, Virgin, Waterloo, ZIAS (as well as all stores in Canada)

I can't recall for sure, but wasn't the Largo 1979 show available as an add-on to the first volume at some retailers (e.g., Newbury Comics)? Maybe I'm mixing it up with the many bootlegs of that show that are floating around. . .

edit -- never mind, it was Largo 1977 that was included in the 1st volume as a bonus disc. left the post up in case anyone else had similar confusion. . .

Last edited by hobbes4444; 08-13-07 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 02:03 PM

Updated first post.

Also updated master lists in new thread.

For now, please keep discussion in these weekly threads, until I finalize the new master thread.
Old 08-14-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what's on it but Vacancy is a [2 Disc] [FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC]
Old 08-14-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just curious if anyone knows all of the Doctor Strange exclusives.. I see from here BB has cards, and Target had a CD-Rom comic.. Just wondering what the rest are (so far Target wins). Thanks!
Old 08-14-07, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by reverie
Just curious if anyone knows all of the Doctor Strange exclusives.. I see from here BB has cards, and Target had a CD-Rom comic.. Just wondering what the rest are (so far Target wins). Thanks!
Strange had no bonus at CC, and a mini comic at WM.

WM also had a bonus DVD w/ Vacancy.
Old 08-14-07, 06:54 PM

I don't know what's on it but Vacancy is a [2 Disc] [FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC]
it has two additional featurettes and is packaged with a slightly different slipcover than the disc found at other stores (kinda like target did with 300).

don't know if you also count this, but... borders has "the outer limits" complete original series seasons 1-3 with a sticker listing it as a borders exclusive.
Old 08-14-07, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Trevor
Strange had no bonus at CC, and a mini comic at WM.

WM also had a bonus DVD w/ Vacancy.
Confirmed. Actually, my Wal-Mart had a choice of bonus DVDs. You could get Vacancy with an Extras DVD [with 20 minutes of additional features] or Vacancy packaged with Secret Window [with Johnny Depp]. I went for the one with Secret Window, though I haven't seen it.
Old 08-14-07, 10:03 PM

Finished my rounds for the day, several additions to the list in post 1.
Old 08-15-07, 12:18 AM

Is it too early to start a thread for 8/19-8/25?

Best Buy will have an EXCLUSIVE Serenity Comic Book w/ purchase of the Serenity: 2-Disc Collector's Edition. Minimum 8 per store.

also, don't know if these are exclusive, but they will also have:

Bonus South Park Postcards for South Park: The Complete Tenth Season

Free Movie Cash for "Balls of Fury" w/ purchase of Hollywoodland, 21 Grams, or Waist Deep ($9.99 each). $7.50 ticket value.

Free Movie Cash for "Dimension's Halloween" w/ purchase of either Halloween (1-Disc) ($9.99), Halloween: 25 Years of Terror (2-Disc), Halloween 4 (Divimax), Halloween 5 (Divimax) (latter 3 being $12.99 each). $10.50 ticket value.
Old 08-15-07, 12:27 AM

"EXCLUSIVE Serenity Comic Book w/ purchase of the Serenity: 2-Disc Collector's Edition"
any idea if it is a FULL comic adaption of the movie??
Old 08-15-07, 12:32 AM

^ no idea. doesn't go into specifics and it doesn't list a page count. is there a monthly serenity comic book or are there plans to release one? if so, maybe it'll be a reprint of the first issue? kinda like best buy had with the "spawn: animated series" steelbook a few weeks back.
Old 08-15-07, 02:45 AM

Wal mart also has Fracture packahed up with Boiler Room.

There was some action figure packaged with a new Avatar DVD. Not sure if it was exclusive, nor the DVD's exact info since I'm not familiar with the show.

Nothing at Blockbuster this week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.