Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

25% off Used DVDs at Wherehouse.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-10-07, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd post it. Use code 25DVD8. Expires 8/16.
Old 08-10-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can anyone comment on the condition of the used titles from this site? Inserts, original case, etc.
Old 08-10-07, 11:18 AM
Suspended

They share a warehouse with spun.com, secondspin.com, and I think one more site. All sites are basically managed by one company, checking the 'Contact Us' page shows the same address in Carson, CA. It's hit & miss for quality, I've had some arrive looking brand new and some arrive so scratched it's impossible to believe that they were actually checked. The biggest problem I had was the bright orange USED sticker on top of the case, some are pretty hard to remove.

You can always return it if the quality isn't what you think it should be.

Last edited by Dignam; 08-10-07 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-10-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks. Think I'll pass. I've never bought used of online sites other than Amazon Marketplace and won't start now. Unless of course I come across something too good to pass up.
Old 08-10-07, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dignam
They share a warehouse with spun.com, secondspin.com, and I think one more site. All sites are basically managed by one company, checking the 'Contact Us' page shows the same address in Carson, CA. It's hit & miss for quality, I've had some arrive looking brand new and some arrive so scratched it's impossible to believe that they were actually checked. The biggest problem I had was the bright orange USED sticker on top of the case, some are pretty hard to remove.

You can always return it if the quality isn't what you think it should be.

You can remove those stickers with Goo Gone and it will look as good as new.
Old 08-10-07, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
Can anyone comment on the condition of the used titles from this site? Inserts, original case, etc.

I have ordered from them many times and they have been excellent in my book. I only had a problem once and it was that the Frank Capra Collection I ordered didn't include the booklet and the refunded me the money plus shipping without any hassle.
Old 08-10-07, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dx23
You can remove those stickers with Goo Gone and it will look as good as new.
On normal cases, yes. But on TV sets, the stickers can become one with the outer cardboard case. I don't get the reasoning behind the stickers, do they sell new DVDs that aren't sealed?
Old 08-10-07, 08:02 PM

I bought the Simpsons Season 7 (marge head) from them about a month ago, when it arrived the packaging was destroyed. I will say they are very easy to deal with when returning. The shipping from CA to MA (and I'm on an island) was fast, they got it to me in 4 days, destroyed, but in 4 days.

....and the giant orange sticker on the top wasn't pretty either no matter how easy it is to remove!

Last edited by skacore; 08-10-07 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-11-07, 08:40 AM

All these companies are Transworld aka FYE.
Old 08-11-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The difference is that while Transworld customer service is generally lacking, Wherehouse and Secondspin customer service are both outstanding. They are prompt, courteous, and go out of their way to rectify issues.
Old 08-11-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I've spent hundreds of dollars with Wherehouse, and for the most part, my dvd sets arrive undamaged. Two months ago, they sent me a dvd set that had the wrong disc inside. They immediately offered me $20 dollars credit to compensate which was quite fair to me.
Old 08-11-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've literally spent thousands on wherehouse.com. Everything I've purchased from them has been in perfect condition when it arrives at my house. This includes numerous single disc, double disc, and box sets!

That being said, I have had problems with films or dvds that have name twins. For instance, on numerous ocassions I tried purchasing "Black Sabbath" (the Mario Bava dvd) only to have a spanish import music dvd of the band sent to me. Both times they gave me an immediate credit refund, and both times they haven't bothered to try to get the disc back.

As for the stickers, I use Duck Adhesive Remover (about $1, I think, at Walmart) and that works just fine.

Anyway, I just threw down $150 on this sale. Too bad they charge tax for my state (OK) or it'd have been an even bigger bargain. After shipping and tax, the discount was only about 13%.

Last edited by izatright; 08-11-07 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-11-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Where do I enter the coupon at check out? I'm at the credit card page, is that the last page?

Nevermind got it.

Last edited by PopcornTreeCt; 08-11-07 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I've spent hundreds of dollars with Wherehouse, and for the most part, my dvd sets arrive undamaged.
Ditto

And they are VERY finicky on DVD trade ins. Any scratches and it's a no-go and discs and games must always be complete.

I don't buy used discs normally but I buy them from wherehouse without hesitating.

I got the wrong CD inside the right CD case before, customer service just shipped me out a new one, no problem.
Old 08-13-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by skacore
I bought the Simpsons Season 7 (marge head) from them about a month ago, when it arrived the packaging was destroyed. I will say they are very easy to deal with when returning. The shipping from CA to MA (and I'm on an island) was fast, they got it to me in 4 days, destroyed, but in 4 days.
This is exactly the item I'm interested in, as I just got notification that they finally have a used copy available. I hope it isn't your returned copy!

Does anyone know if Wherehouse accepts FYE gift cards?
Old 08-13-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you get a cardboard case DVD with a sticker on it, simply use a blow-dryer to heat up the sticker and carefully peel it right off.

I almost always use that over goo-gone.
Old 08-13-07, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by printerati
This is exactly the item I'm interested in, as I just got notification that they finally have a used copy available. I hope it isn't your returned copy!
I hope its not either. Mine was missing the slipcover and the front right of the package was smashed/dented.

I should note I did email them and asked specifically if the set included the slipcover, I got an auto response, so I chanced it. I went with a new version from an amazon seller instead (after I returned it)...$5 cheaper.

Last edited by skacore; 08-13-07 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by printerati

Does anyone know if Wherehouse accepts FYE gift cards?

Yes, they do.
Old 08-13-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Yes, they do.
That's right. They accept FYE AND Suncoast gift cards.