DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   TMNT 2-disc set at Target worth getting? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/508420-tmnt-2-disc-set-target-worth-getting.html)

TheHive08 08-07-07 10:56 AM

TMNT 2-disc set at Target worth getting?

I'd have to go about 45 minutes out of the way to get the 2-disc set at Target which is why I'm asking. I can't really find a review or anything about it on the net. I liked the movie, but I've been a Ninja Turtles fan since I was a kid so if there's some cool stuff on the second disc, it would definitely be worth it to me.

Anybody know anything?

bluetoast 08-07-07 11:18 AM

Yeah I'm interested in knowing as well, is it worth an extra $6?

psychopuppet420 08-07-07 11:42 AM

Have not gotten in there to confirm this yet ,but looks like the Target exclusive bonus disc consists of a 25 minute behind the scenes feature and adds a slipcover.

JediJones 08-07-07 11:47 AM

Sounds very weak for $6 more. Not only that but it's $3 over the non-sale price. This sounds like the kind of bonus disc Wal-Mart would throw in for the regular $19.99 non-sale price. Which of course they are doing with the TMNT DVD-ROM video game this week. This sounds like a real hose job...Target trying to make people think this is as significant a release as the 2-disc editions of movies like 300 which are usually $22.99.

The Valeyard 08-07-07 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
Have not gotten in there to confirm this yet ,but looks like the Target exclusive bonus disc consists of a 25 minute behind the scenes feature and adds a slipcover.

That's exactly what's on the bonus disc. Just picked it up 5 minutes ago.

Trevor 08-07-07 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by JediJones
Sounds very weak for $6 more. Not only that but it's $3 over the non-sale price. This sounds like the kind of bonus disc Wal-Mart would throw in for the regular $19.99 non-sale price. Which of course they are doing with the TMNT DVD-ROM video game this week. This sounds like a real hose job...Target trying to make people think this is as significant a release as the 2-disc editions of movies like 300 which are usually $22.99.

No different from every other week.

Target does this all the time. The bonus disc will come with the regular DVd inside special packaging (case/slipcover), will be very light and fluffy on the features, and will cost $22-26.

There have been a few exceptions, but they have one like this perhaps twice a month.

TheHive08 08-07-07 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
That's exactly what's on the bonus disc. Just picked it up 5 minutes ago.

Eh, 25 minutes of extra footage for an extra $6 and a 45 minute drive doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for letting me know though.

FangsFirst 08-07-07 02:23 PM

I suppose the game is indeed the best extra--unless someone has seen CC's figure...

cerial442 08-07-07 02:27 PM

I suppose the game is indeed the best extra--unless someone has seen CC's figure...
You wouldn't say that if you had played the game. ;)

I was going to get the Target version, but I'll probably pass.

michaema 08-07-07 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst

The figures are pretty small, i found a pic on ebay of the same ones they are offering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TMNT-ninja-t...QQcmdZViewItem

*EDIT* Fixed Link

FangsFirst 08-07-07 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by cerial442
You wouldn't say that if you had played the game. ;)

Haha, ouch :S

I enjoyed the demo all right. I'm not too demanding with my action games. As long as it isn't frustratingly difficult, I'm ok with it.

fashionvictim86 08-07-07 02:50 PM

Stupid question, but does the regular edition of TMNT include a slipcover?

geicos27 08-07-07 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
Stupid question, but does the regular edition of TMNT include a slipcover?

Yes.

michaema 08-07-07 02:52 PM

I had put a broken link for the TMNT figures CC is giving away, i fixed the post and here is the link again, Sorry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TMNT-ninja-t...QQcmdZViewItem

ReduxGuy 08-07-07 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
No different from every other week.

Target does this all the time. The bonus disc will come with the regular DVd inside special packaging (case/slipcover), will be very light and fluffy on the features, and will cost $22-26.

There have been a few exceptions, but they have one like this perhaps twice a month.

I think World Trade Center would be one of those exceptions.

Trevor 08-07-07 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
I think World Trade Center would be one of those exceptions.

I agree, or at least I heard that their bonus disc was pretty worthwhile. It is still sitting in my "to watch" pile.